Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food Review
Flavorful Items to Complement Your Diet
This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting!
Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more.
These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others.
My favorites are the pancake syrup because it honestly tastes exactly the same as the regular kind which is jam-packed with sugar, and maybe the blueberry jam which is also lovely.
Would you rather have 2 pancakes and regular pancake syrup, or for the same calories, 3 pancakes with the calorie-free type of syrup, if the flavor is exactly the same? Exactly – 3 instead of 2 sounds good doesn’t it! This is why I love calorie free food.
To make something without providing you with any energy requires the product to be mostly made of water and some kind of thickener, and some of them contain artificial flavors and other synthetic ingredients. For me personally, given the choice of sugar or artificial sweetener, I would go for the sweetener every time.
I don’t have any bad reactions to calorie free food and it does not rot my teeth or contain empty calories like sugar. Some people only eat all-natural products and this brand is not really aimed towards them.
Walden Farms Calorie-Free Caramel Dip, on Amazon
I am glad I found these calorie free food options and I love most of them! Keep reading for my reviews of various ingredients and products as well as links to Amazon and eBay so you can buy your own.
Browse the chocolate or caramel dip, creamy salad dressings, rich pasta sauces, jams and jellies, smoky BBQ sauce and more. These products are a revolution in diet food, and they taste great while helping you slim down!
Walden Farms Bacon Ranch Dressing, on Amazon
Walden Farms Reviews
I love the fruit spreads and syrups best, out of the whole range. The fruit spreads have the consistency of a smooth jam (like jello without any chewiness) and they smell and taste exactly as they are meant to.
You can also try the marshmallow or chocolate dip. The syrups are lovely over ice cream or fruit and a great example of calorie free food you can often enjoy without the guilt.
I love the pancake syrup because it tastes pretty much identical to regular pancake syrup, but with zero calories it obviously doesn’t impact your waistline in the same way!
Calorie-Free Pancake Syrup, on Amazon
Another favorite of mine with regard to calorie free food is the bacon ranch dressing. Actually the Caesar dressing is pretty good too. These dressings are pretty thin so be careful when pouring them out of the bottle. The peanut spreads do smell and taste like peanut but the texture is more like jello, so while I might use this to flavor a recipe I would not have it on my toast.
Tasty BBQ Sauce
The BBQ sauces are great and you can add some pork chops to your slow cooker, pour on a few tablespoons of BBQ sauce and cook on low for 10 hours, before shredding the meat with a pair of forks. Serve on a bun with extra BBQ sauce on the side. I haven’t tried the pasta sauces but when I do I will update this review.
What’s Not So Nice about Calorie Free Food?
The worst Walden Farms product I ever tried was the French Onion dip. The flavor was horrible and that ended up in the garbage, but just because I didn’t like it doesn’t mean you won’t.
Depending where you live you might be able to find this brand in the store or online, but scroll down and find out the best-priced ones on eBay and Amazon and save yourself some money by purchasing online.
Zero-Calorie Thick and Spicy Barbecue Sauce, on Amazon
More Tips for Slimming Down
Don’t underestimate the importance of exercise, and anything you can do to get moving is beneficial. Calorie food isn’t the only solution. Even a gentle walk is better than nothing at all, but if you want to try different sports like swimming, jogging or working out using the Wii-Fit for example, try all these and see which you prefer.
Although a lot of people don’t count that cube of cheese, that spoonful of honey or that handful of fruit consumed which prepping their meal, they are going into your body so count them, and the best way to count is by keeping a record!
I use Fitday.com but you could write your meals down on paper if you prefer or use another program online or on your tablet or phone. Keep an eye on what you are putting into your body and get moving whenever you can, and the pounds should melt off.
Calorie-Free Italian Dressing, on Amazon
Click to see the WHOLE RANGE of calorie-free food
Some More Hot Content For You
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Best Tweed Jackets for WomenTweed suits and the best tweed jackets for women make a fashion statement and you can buy some gorgeous pieces. Look at some of the best tweed jackets for woman and find something which is perfect for you. They are warm, stylish and comfortable. Buy a tweed jacket and you can be the envy of your friends. Choose from Warm or Cool, Heavy or Light, Thick or Thin Fabric Tweed comes in many different colors and you can get different blends too, perhaps warm wool for a winter jacket or a lighter blend with cotton if you still want the look of tweed during the warmer seasons. Invest in tweed and you will have a staple in your closet which is never .....
- Salmon in Mustard Cream SauceSalmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel. This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well. If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for .....
- Asian Meatballs with Sweet Chili SauceThis is a wonderful recipe and it is also low in carbs. I love this Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce recipe because I never get tired of the taste. I used to own the site Crackslaw.com where you could find out how to make all kinds of crack slaw recipes, something else that offers a wonderful Asian flavor. I’ve since moved them all on to this blog, so look at our low carb category and you will find plenty more ideas. Anyway, back to the Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce. I had some ground beef to use up and some other bits and pieces and I asked my sister for inspiration and she came up with the idea to make these delicious .....
- The Best Beauty Books You Can GetDo you want to improve or change the way you look? If so, have you thought of learning exactly what kinds of cosmetics are best for you, along with how to correctly put them on? Do you want to learn all the latest makeup trends and find out how to apply makeup like a pro? If you are, you may have turned to the web or fashion magazines, but have you thought about buying a beauty book? Some of the best beauty books will give you all the tricks and tips you need to know in order to look your best. If you haven’t or perhaps if you have, you might be wondering whether or not the best beauty books are really worth the money. When it comes to .....
- Honey Roasted Nuts with RosemaryIf you are looking for an amazing snack, consider this honey roasted nuts with rosemary recipe. You can use any kind of nuts you want, maybe just walnuts or cashews, or a selection of your favorites. Just choose plain ones, not the spiced, salted or already-roasted kind. Walnuts work really well in this honey roasted nuts with rosemary recipe, or you might want to use different ones so people can take a peek and pick out their favorite ones. Make a big batch of this (perhaps double the recipe) if you have a crowd coming over, because the roasted nuts keep for up to a week in an airtight container. The first thing to do when making honey .....
- Pesto Spaghetti with Easy MeatballsThis is a great pesto spaghetti recipe to make if you are in the mood for Italian but also looking for something you can just throw together and have on the table half an hour after you thought of making it! Spaghetti and meatballs is a typical Italian dish which combines pasta and meat in a simple way, and although a tomato sauce is often served with such a dish, pesto spaghetti is also nice and it is what we are using here, although you can switch one for the other if you like. We are making baked meatballs and you can prepare the pesto spaghetti while the meatballs are baking, then have everything together at once. Make sure you have some .....
- Oven Baked Short RibsIf you’re looking for a great ribs recipe but using the oven instead of the grill, this oven baked short ribs recipe is certainly worth considering. It’s easy to make and the kitchen is going to smell incredible when you make this wonderful meal. What You Need for Oven Baked Short Ribs We are baking the ribs in the oven and adding a delicious sauce made with peach preserves, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, paprika, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. These oven baked short ribs are really tasty and falling-apart tender. The whole family will enjoy this succulent treat. What Kind of Ribs to Choose We are using meaty bone-in beef .....
- How to Cook Quinoa on the StoveQuinoa is quickly becoming a popular food in America and throughout the world. The fast spread of this low-fat superfood grain has led to people wondering how to cook it at home. Chances are you’ve probably eaten it at a restaurant or at a friend’s house. Now you’re wanting to know how to cook this amazingly tasty food for you and your family and you want to know how to cook quinoa on the stove. The good news is that quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is really easy to cook at home. It’s certainly no more difficult to cook than rice or buckwheat, which is good news for all of you that want a taste of this superfood without having to pay the high .....
- Tastiest Marinade for SteakWe love a good steak in this house – rib-eye, filet mignon, sirloin, rump steak – the cut doesn’t matter because each of these boasts an incredible taste. When prepared correctly, steak has a melt-in-the-mouth texture. I don’t always use marinades when preparing steak but when I do I often use this one because it enhances the natural meaty steak flavor so well and for me this is for sure the tastiest marinade for steak. How Long to Marinate Steak in the Marinade A tough steak like chuck, skirt or flank can marinate overnight but if you are cooking something more delicate then 20 or 30 minutes is plenty long enough for .....