French Manicure Videos
A lot of girls have trouble applying a professional looking French manicure This is understandable because not only do you have to pick out the best French manicure nail polishes but you also have to get your nails the right shape, apply the white tip evenly and professionally, and get the result looking beautiful. French manicure videos are very important because you will want the prettiest result!
The smallest error is glaringly obvious when painting your nails French manicure colors. So it pays to familiarize yourself with French manicure videos, as well as practicing a lot.
What is a French Manicure?
To paint a French manicure you need to paint the tips of your nails white or off-white and then apply pink or beige polish. The result is very natural looking and classy. You can see this technique in French manicure videos.
If your nails are short you can paint a very thin white line on top and if they are longer you can have more white.
Something else people like to do is experiment with different colors. Perhaps you have never tried different colors when applying a French manicure but you will can expect a brand new look. Blue glittery tips are not technically a French polish but they are French polish inspired, for example.
Keep reading for the best French manicure videos as well as tips, nail polishes, suggestions about what to do if you botch one of the nails, and more!
If you have ended up on this page because you have had a French manicure disaster, then paint over the whole nail with a light colored mauve or pink nail polish to disguise it, or use a coat or 2 of glitter polish to hide it. Either of those are great fixes!
French Bijou French Nail Lacquer Mini Collection
You have all the essentials in this set which you need to create a beautiful French manicure look and the fact there are several colors to choose from allows you even more scope.
Although pale pink is often the color of choice for a French-tipped nail, there are different shades of pink to choose from so you can personalize your manicure.
Some people prefer a beige shade which is perhaps more natural and if that is the case you can sub in any nail polish you already have to act as the top coat. Just ensure it is sheer enough for the beautiful white tips to show through and you will have a gorgeous manicure.
If you like natural-looking nails which look clean and healthy, that is one style that is never going out of style. The sheer colors dry quickly and the sheer red is simply stunning. Watch some French manicure videos then create your own gorgeous look.
Mini French Manicure Set, on Amazon
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails French Manicure Kit
Poor quality nail polishes tend to chip in a day or 2 (and there is nothing more annoying when you have gone to all the trouble of creating a stunning French manicure and then have it chip on you, believe me!) but a good one will last all week. Despite how many French manicure videos you watch and learn from, use inferior polishes and your results just won’t last.
This Sally Hansen Hard As Nails French Manicure Kit comes with everything you need to paint your fingernails and/or toenails in the classic French nail style.
The brushes are well shaped and great for precision painting, and you also get a UV topcoat as well as manicure and pedicure guides, sheer color, white tip paint and a top coat.
Just 2 coats to the perfect French manicure and that means no need to pay expensive salon prices. You can get a gorgeous finish in the comfort of your own home. There’s nothing not to love about that.
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure, on Amazon
First You Need a Good Base Coat
One of the secrets to beautiful nails and a long-lasting result is base coat. You need to know this and you’ll always see it in the best French manicure videos. If you are applying a dark nail polish you should always wear base coat underneath, else the polish might stain your nails and then no sheer or light color is going to look on them until they grow out (and we all know how long that takes!)
If you are applying a French manicure, use a base coat. The manicure will last much longer and go on smoother too, so it’s totally worth it. Allow the base coat to dry completely before applying the white tips and the sheer color on top.
French Manicure Kits
Once you have painted on a layer of base coat and allowed it to dry, you are ready to apple the white tips. You will need this layer to be opaque, so paint on 2 coats, allowing each one to dry.
This is something which takes practice. I can’t paint the fingers on my right hand (using my left hand) as well as I can paint the nails on my left hand (using my right hand) but the difference isn’t that extreme. Practice makes perfect!
Help! I Messed Up My French Manicure!
OK so what do you do if you mess up the white tips? You could do what I did 2 days ago and apply a couple of layers of sheer pink glitter polish.
This will mask the white tips a little so they take on a pink hue, and the glitter will detract from the sharp line (or not so sharp!) under the white tip. Not all French manicure videos tell you this!
This is my answer anyway, if I get the white tips bad. The glitter polish adds party-like fun and looks really good. It will hide minor errors in the white tips.
If they are slightly off then you can dip a cotton bud in acetone or nail polish remover and use that to clean up under the white tip, to give a smooth white arc. You can use this one one nail gone bad, or on the whole set of nails.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Exact Copycat IHOP Pancakes RecipeIf you love the flavor and texture of IHOP pancakes you are not alone. These delicious, fluffy treats make a wonderful breakfast, teamed with maple syrup or another type of syrup if you are kind of hungry, or eggs, bacon and the whole enchilada if you have a raging appetite! I wanted to make copycat IHOP pancakes so I could prepare them at home. Perhaps you are in the mood for this authentic IHOP pancakes recipe but you don’t really want to get in the car and drive, in which case try the following recipe because the texture and flavor will be just like the IHOP pancakes you know and love. Copycat IHOP Pancakes – Beautiful Lazy .....
- Healthy Banana and Carrot CurrySometimes the best recipes are the simplest, and it is a myth you have to use lots of different ingredients to make a nice curry recipe. Take the following healthy banana and carrot curry recipe for example. The main ingredients are carrots, banana and onion, and the sauce is made with curry powder, orange juice and a splash of yogurt. Use fat-free yogurt and you can see how healthy and low in both fat and calories this banana and carrot curry recipe is. Serve this banana and carrot curry with rice or naan bread or keep things healthy and have a chapatti bread with some raita (cucumber, yogurt and mint dressing) on the side. Perhaps you have .....
- Best Braised Lamb Shanks in Red WineLamb shanks are a wonderful thing to serve on a cold day, so as fall arrives and winter rolls in, stock up on these meaty treats and you can braise them to make the most delicious meals. Braising means slow-cooking in liquid, and you can choose from beer, wine or other liquids. There is plenty of meat on a lamb shank and the flavor is phenomenal. I especially love this braised lamb shanks in red wine recipe because the flavors are so amazing. So Much Appeal in this Dish Lamb shanks smell incredible while they cook and the flavor will drive you half-crazy with anticipation! The following braised lamb shanks in red wine recipe is easy to make .....
- Siberian Ice Diamond JewelryWhat is Siberian Ice diamond jewelry exactly, and where can you get some? Siberian Ice is a top quality diamond alternative which has recently begun to take the world by storm. It is very hard like diamonds and can even scratch glass. This diamond alternative is also guaranteed for life. Basically, it is an alternative to real diamonds which is much closer to an actual diamond than other imitations (cubic zirconia, for example) and that is why so many women are going crazy for it. They Look the Same A Siberian Ice diamond has almost the same visual appearance as a true diamond and it is almost as durable too, making it very attractive to .....
- A Great Dipping Sauce for WontonsMany people are eager to start making the best and most easy wonton recipes but wait – what are you going to serve with the wontons? If you are serving them in soup then that is one thing but if not, you might like to serve a wonton dipping sauce on the side, to dip your steamed, baked or fried wontons into. You are going to need a tasty dipping sauce for wontons. A wonton dipping sauce can be something out of a bottle such as soy sauce, oyster sauce or chili sauce, or it can be something you make yourself. Consider the wonton filling when thinking about what type of wonton dipping sauce to prepare. Examples of a Good Dipping Sauce for .....
- Pet ID Tags for Dogs and CatsIf your pet ever gets lost then having an ID tag is an absolute must, so you can be reunited quickly and relatively easy. The longer a pet is missing the more that can go wrong, and let’s face it, our pets are so precious. They are like members of the family, so consider pet ID tags as a must-have. A lost animal might not be able to find his or her way home, so invest in one of these tags (many cost under $5, even the personalized engraved ones) and if anything does happen, whoever finds your pet will know how to contact you to let you know they found your dog or cat......
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Best Brussels Sprouts Side DishI admit I used to hate Brussels sprouts as a child, largely thanks to the way they were presented in an over-boiled, mushy heap (apologies to my mother if she’s reading this) but seriously, sprouts are not only healthy, they can be yummy too, as long as you cook them right! So, find out how to cook Brussels sprouts like a pro and make the best Brussels sprouts side dish of all. In the old days, this vegetable used to be boiled to soggy death in water, then plonked on the plate alongside the meat or poultry of choice, and kids everywhere (myself included) would leave them on the plate until they were cold, hoping they would just… .....
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ BeefI often make this dish because it is so simple, and all you need to make it are 2 ingredients – beef and BBQ sauce. Any tough cut of beef which needs to be braised or slow cooked will work, so opt for braising or stewing steak, or something like skirt or flank. You will also need a crockpot and it is up to you whether you want to cook this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe on high, medium or low. How Long Should 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef Cook? Use high and the beef will be done in about 5 hours. Double that for low, and guess somewhere in between the 2 for medium. Of course, the exact time depends on your crockpot and the meat .....