French Manicure Videos
A lot of girls have trouble applying a professional looking French manicure This is understandable because not only do you have to pick out the best French manicure nail polishes but you also have to get your nails the right shape, apply the white tip evenly and professionally, and get the result looking beautiful. French manicure videos are very important because you will want the prettiest result!
The smallest error is glaringly obvious when painting your nails French manicure colors. So it pays to familiarize yourself with French manicure videos, as well as practicing a lot.
What is a French Manicure?
To paint a French manicure you need to paint the tips of your nails white or off-white and then apply pink or beige polish. The result is very natural looking and classy. You can see this technique in French manicure videos.
If your nails are short you can paint a very thin white line on top and if they are longer you can have more white.
Something else people like to do is experiment with different colors. Perhaps you have never tried different colors when applying a French manicure but you will can expect a brand new look. Blue glittery tips are not technically a French polish but they are French polish inspired, for example.
Keep reading for the best French manicure videos as well as tips, nail polishes, suggestions about what to do if you botch one of the nails, and more!
If you have ended up on this page because you have had a French manicure disaster, then paint over the whole nail with a light colored mauve or pink nail polish to disguise it, or use a coat or 2 of glitter polish to hide it. Either of those are great fixes!
French Bijou French Nail Lacquer Mini Collection
You have all the essentials in this set which you need to create a beautiful French manicure look and the fact there are several colors to choose from allows you even more scope.
Although pale pink is often the color of choice for a French-tipped nail, there are different shades of pink to choose from so you can personalize your manicure.
Some people prefer a beige shade which is perhaps more natural and if that is the case you can sub in any nail polish you already have to act as the top coat. Just ensure it is sheer enough for the beautiful white tips to show through and you will have a gorgeous manicure.
If you like natural-looking nails which look clean and healthy, that is one style that is never going out of style. The sheer colors dry quickly and the sheer red is simply stunning. Watch some French manicure videos then create your own gorgeous look.
Mini French Manicure Set, on Amazon
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails French Manicure Kit
Poor quality nail polishes tend to chip in a day or 2 (and there is nothing more annoying when you have gone to all the trouble of creating a stunning French manicure and then have it chip on you, believe me!) but a good one will last all week. Despite how many French manicure videos you watch and learn from, use inferior polishes and your results just won’t last.
This Sally Hansen Hard As Nails French Manicure Kit comes with everything you need to paint your fingernails and/or toenails in the classic French nail style.
The brushes are well shaped and great for precision painting, and you also get a UV topcoat as well as manicure and pedicure guides, sheer color, white tip paint and a top coat.
Just 2 coats to the perfect French manicure and that means no need to pay expensive salon prices. You can get a gorgeous finish in the comfort of your own home. There’s nothing not to love about that.
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure, on Amazon
First You Need a Good Base Coat
One of the secrets to beautiful nails and a long-lasting result is base coat. You need to know this and you’ll always see it in the best French manicure videos. If you are applying a dark nail polish you should always wear base coat underneath, else the polish might stain your nails and then no sheer or light color is going to look on them until they grow out (and we all know how long that takes!)
If you are applying a French manicure, use a base coat. The manicure will last much longer and go on smoother too, so it’s totally worth it. Allow the base coat to dry completely before applying the white tips and the sheer color on top.
French Manicure Kits
Once you have painted on a layer of base coat and allowed it to dry, you are ready to apple the white tips. You will need this layer to be opaque, so paint on 2 coats, allowing each one to dry.
This is something which takes practice. I can’t paint the fingers on my right hand (using my left hand) as well as I can paint the nails on my left hand (using my right hand) but the difference isn’t that extreme. Practice makes perfect!
Help! I Messed Up My French Manicure!
OK so what do you do if you mess up the white tips? You could do what I did 2 days ago and apply a couple of layers of sheer pink glitter polish.
This will mask the white tips a little so they take on a pink hue, and the glitter will detract from the sharp line (or not so sharp!) under the white tip. Not all French manicure videos tell you this!
This is my answer anyway, if I get the white tips bad. The glitter polish adds party-like fun and looks really good. It will hide minor errors in the white tips.
If they are slightly off then you can dip a cotton bud in acetone or nail polish remover and use that to clean up under the white tip, to give a smooth white arc. You can use this one one nail gone bad, or on the whole set of nails.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Chicken Yakitori RecipeChicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking. A Traditional Japanese Flavor The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in .....
- Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée PotsThese are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween? The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part. Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado AppetizersThese bacon wrapped avocado appetizers are absolutely gorgeous and you can serve them as an appetizer or side dish. They are low in carbs (if you leave out the sugar) but high in flavor. Spicy or Mild, Your Choice Use the chili or cayenne pepper if you wish, or just have the bacon wrapped avocado appetizers without if you want a milder finish. These are great to pop into the oven when you have something else cooking on the stove. I wasn’t sure these would work the first time I made bacon wrapped avocado appetizers. I have made bacon-wrapped shrimp before, and bacon-wrapped cheese, but this is the first time I used avocado. Although .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton Ideas and Chinese Dumplings and Soft WontonsThe most important part of your cabbage soup is, of course, the cabbage. You can get cabbage year-round and this vegetable weighs between one and seven pounds. Choose a cabbage with a big, compact head, and tender green leaves which do not show insect damage or holes. Fresh cabbage has plenty of outer leaves and greengrocers peel these off as the cabbage ages. Consider cream cheese wonton ideas. Cream cheese goes with cabbage really well (and seafood too!) Check the bottom of the cabbage before buying it, to check the leaves are not coming off the stem. If they are, that means the cabbage is old. Savoy cabbages are lighter for their size .....
- Wonderful Weightwatchers RecipesWeightWatchers is certainly a diet to consider if you want to lose a few pounds. This company was founded by Jean Nidetch from Brooklyn in the 1960s. Today WeightWatchers is international and operates in more than thirty countries. There are lots of WeightWatchers recipes you can make, most of which are really tasty. This diet program includes regular meetings, group support and a points system to calculate how much food you can eat in order to shed excess weight. Weightwatchers Recipes and Weight Watchers Points Each type of food or beverage has a point value and you first calculate how many points you are allowed per day (depending on your .....
- Classic Crackslaw RecipePerhaps you have read about the classic crackslaw recipe on a low carb forum or one of your friends has been raving about it but what is crack slaw and why is it called that? Well, first things first, crackslaw is supposed to be addictive, which is how the name came about, but don’t worry, there is nothing illegal in it! It is addictive in a good way because it is a filling low-carb meal packed with nutritious ingredients. What’s In a Classic Crackslaw Recipe? This is an oriental inspired recipe featuring ground meat (or poultry or a vegetarian alternative) as well as cabbage or coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot, usually). The .....
- The Evolution of Starter RecipesIt’s interesting to learn about the evolution of starter recipes. Starters, or appetizers as they are also known, are served in most cuisines and cultures. These snacks were served in ancient Persia thousands of years ago and ancient Roman aristocracy used to enjoy eggs, fruit and similar treats before eating their main course. Appetizers have been served for many years in the UK as a snack before the main course arrived but modern ones can be quite different from old fashioned ones. Of course, you can still serve traditional recipes but it is also fun to experiment with the wide range of ingredients that are available today but that .....
- Layered Mason Jar Salad IdeasMason jars have many uses, such as canning, storing grains, shaking cocktails, and more, but one of the best ways to use them, and something very popular right now, is making mason jar salad recipes. There are plenty of layered mason jar salad ideas to consider. You have the dressing at the bottom and then vegetables, then other ingredients and finally your lettuce or salad greens. Keep the jar upright and you will keep the greens away from the dressing until you tip the whole delicious lot on to a plate at lunchtime. This type of salad lasts for days in the refrigerator (depending on what you put in there) so you can make all your weekday .....
- How to Make a Wonton Noodle RecipeMaking your own wonton noodle recipe, or wonton wrappers, from scratch is not difficult. Although there are different wonton wrapper recipes, this is perhaps the simplest and it offers a very good result. Yes you can buy them from the store but should you? Of course that very much depends on the results you are looking for. If you want to take the time to learn how to make wonton wrappers then it is well worth making them. You will get a fresher taste and you will also get lots of kudos from everyone enjoying your homemade wontons if they learn you not only filled and cooked the wontons but learned how to make wonton skins and made the whole .....