Haramaki Belly Band Review
Haramaki is Japanese for belly wrap (hara means belly and maki means wrap). This garment can be worn over the belly for a comforting feeling and for warmth. Although this haramaki belly band garment is new to the West, they have been worn in Japan for centuries.
A haramaki belly band started as something warriors would wear to cover their vital organs and then turned into a garment which keeps the stomach and kidney area warm.
They come in different sizes and colors, and you can get them for men, women, expectant mothers and kids. Choose from various colors, either patterns or simple one-color designs.
How to Wear a Haramaki Belly Band
You can wear a haramaki belly band right next to your skin or over your clothing. Some people like to sleep in them and others wear them just during the daytime.
Choose one you like online or find out how to make your own. They are usually made from stretch cotton but you can also get ones made with silk, cashmere or other luxury materials.
Why I Bought My Haramaki Belly Band
Although I wasn’t looking for anything in particular I enjoyed browsing the different products such as light therapy and aromatherapy items, magnetic treatments, oils and more.
But then I noticed the haramaki belly band and my first thought was, “wow that looks cool!” I had never seen one before but I thought it looked good and then my interest grew when I found out about the benefits.
Why I Was Attracted to the Idea
A haramaki belly band will warm your core area and they feel cozy and comforting.
When your middle gets cold your whole body gets cold and I feel the cold easily.
I lived in the Canary Islands for 11 years (mainly for the weather) and believe me I really suffer in the cold. I have arthritis which gets worst and the wintertime is quite miserable for me. So anything that makes it better is a relief.
Image Credit: Amazon – Maternity Belly Band Stretchy Nylon – Made in USA
Haramaki Belly Band: My Own Experience
I purchased a haramaki belly band online and was excited when it came. Mine is black and double thickness. It is gently ribbed so it stretches.
A haramaki belly band should sit against your skin but not be tight, nor should it be loose or saggy. If I reach up and expose my lower back I feel the chill so I love the way the garment protects this area and keeps me snug. It is also a question of modesty, when you reach up to get something off a shelf and don’t want to expose your belly to everyone.
I’ve slept in it a couple times but don’t normally bother. I did that more as a comfort thing when my fiance was overseas. I wear it most days, usually under my clothes but sometimes I have the bottom exposed since it goes over the top of my pants, and it looks discreet and stylish.
The Most Luxurious Haramaki Belly Band
Perhaps the nicest haramaki you can get is one made with angora, not 100% angora because that would be pretty itchy, but one that combines angora with other materials to offer something soft, stretchy, warm and durable as well.
Pull it on by stepping into it and pull it up around your waist so the top is around your belly button and the bottom is around your hips.
The snug fit will hold the belly warmer in place and you will begin to feel the lovely warming effect as soon as you put it on.
This model is suitable for non-pregnant women and it is designed to mold to the shape of your body, being snug not tight, and comforting not constrictive.
Choose from S/M (waist to 37.5 inches) or L/XL (waist to 47.5 inches). The angora content is especially good at sealing in natural body heat, and this will not only feel soothing but it can help fight everything from lumbar pain to tummy ache.
This belly warmer is 20% angora, 40% wool, 28% polyamide and 12% elastin, for the perfect balance of comfort, warmth, durability, and softness. It is machine washable as long as you choose a low temperature wash and dry it naturally.
Image Credit: Amazon – Adult Haramaki Tummy Warmer
Haramaki Belly Band Warmer for Baby
We ladies who feel the cold aren’t the only ones to benefit from the therapeutic effects of a haramaki either. They are a wonderful investment for babies. No only do they offer a feeling of calm and warmth, but they are good medically as well.
The baby belly warmer is well recommended by mothers of fussy babies, or babies who just won’t seem to settle for whatever reason.
These little haramakis are filled with 100% natural herbs and offer fast relief from tummy ache or gas pain. Each one is good for up to 40 uses and you can also get refills to top them up. Choose from blue, green or pink, as you prefer.
The ‘Happy Tummi’ haramaki belly band offers relief for little ones with tummy ache or colic, and you get the waistband which is nice and soft, plus a herbal pouch with a flax, spearmint, lemongrass, lavender, camomile, wheat and peppermint filling.
Heat the pouch for 15 to 20 seconds and the herbs will be activated to release a lovely, comforting aroma, which works quickly on stomach-related ailments.
You can adjust the waistband using the velcro straps, and it feels very soft to your baby, and is easy to clean as well.
So if your baby is having tummy issues or you think he or she would appreciate a nice snuggly warming layer around the middle, consider the haramaki, a wonderful garment which brings feelings of comfort and happiness to anyone of any age, regardless whether you have a stomach ailment or simple fancy a warm, comforting ‘cuddle’ around the middle.
Image Credit: Amazon – Soothing Baby Belly Warmer
Some More Hot Content For You
- Pears with Stilton and Curd Cheese RecipeDoesn’t the name of the recipe get your mouth watering already? Pears with Stilton and curd cheese – yum! Pears are often served with cheese because the flavors are so good together and in this recipe, both Stilton cheese and curd cheese are used. The yogurt and nutmeg add color, texture and flavor, and this is one of the best vegetarian starter recipes. What is Stilton Like? Stilton is an acquired taste to some people, especially if they are usually only found eating cheddar and the like, but it really is good. Stilton is a British blue cheese and it offers a lovely creaminess and slight salty taste. It’s particularly good .....
- Making Appetizers Everyone Will LoveThere is a lot to be said for sticking to classic recipes when making appetizers. Everyone loves crisps, olives, cheese, chicken wings and cold cuts after all, don’t they? Even though this might seem like the safe route to take when planning easy party appetizers, it is fun to create memorable appetizers too. Obviously, you want your starters to be memorable for all the right reasons, not because one of your guests suffered third degree burns when biting into a piping hot appetizer or stained his shirt with a messy red dip because you forgot to provide napkins! Making appetizers everyone will love is a mixture of creativity, know-how .....
- Risotto Stuffed SquidThis Italian-inspired risotto stuffed squid recipe makes a delicious dinner and it is impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Calamari is often battered and deep-fried but in this recipe it is stuffed with tasty risotto and cooked on the grill or griddle, then served in slices for a beautiful presentation. What Kind of Squid to Use for Risotto Stuffed Squid You can use whatever size squid you like. Use smallish ones (the width of your palm) and each person can eat 2 or even 3, or use larger ones and 1 per person should be sufficient. The size of the squid affects the cooking time (bigger squid take longer to become tender) but not the .....
- Best Julienne PeelersEveryone needs one of the best julienne peelers in their kitchen drawer in 2017! One of these little gadgets will glide effortlessly over your vegetables to peel them or give you matchstick-thin pieces or little strips. Use these for making coleslaw, for prepping veggies for a salad or for making matching shapes for another use. You can also stir-fry or saute them and they cook very quickly when they are cut so finely. When reading reviews for these the main thing is how well the device in question works, and also how easy it is to use. There are different ones to choose from and whichever one you choose depends how often you plan to use it .....
- Electric Cookware for the KitchenTechnology has become a huge part of everyday life, and every area of your home will have some form of electrical item to make life easier. The kitchen is no exception, and there are many different electrical cookware items which will enhance your cooking experience. Perhaps you already have all the electric cookware for the kitchen, or it could be you are considering some new purchases. One thing is for sure, and that means you won’t be short of choice, because there are so many wonderful items to choose from. Alongside the traditional pots and pans, you are likely to see many new high tech cookware items. From electric griddles and .....
- Greek Couscous SaladThe following Greek couscous salad offers all the wonderful flavors typically found in Greek salad. Those include feta cheese, tomatoes, Kalamata olives and cucumber, along with a bright and zingy lemon-based dressing. But then you also have couscous in there which works perfectly and makes the Greek couscous salad more filling. This Greek couscous salad is a versatile dish which can be served as an appetizer or main dish, perhaps teamed with some crusty bread and aioli or butter. It can be served chilled or at room temperature although we prefer it at room temperature because the flavors are better that way. Making a change from a Greek .....
- Duck Galettes RecipeThese delicious galettes are easy and fast to make. You need to chill them partway through the recipe so you could make them in advance up until then if you are in a hurry. This duck galettes recipe is a highly unusual appetizer recipe which you might want to consider. Duck Galettes Recipe: French in Origin The correct term for one of these galettes is a ‘Breton galette’ since a galette is any kind of flat French savory cake, while a Breton galette means a flat, buckwheat pancake, so there is a difference. Including duck and potatoes, this recipe is not your average starter recipe so if you are looking for something extra special .....
- How to Make a Wonton Noodle RecipeMaking your own wonton noodle recipe, or wonton wrappers, from scratch is not difficult. Although there are different wonton wrapper recipes, this is perhaps the simplest and it offers a very good result. Yes you can buy them from the store but should you? Of course that very much depends on the results you are looking for. If you want to take the time to learn how to make wonton wrappers then it is well worth making them. You will get a fresher taste and you will also get lots of kudos from everyone enjoying your homemade wontons if they learn you not only filled and cooked the wontons but learned how to make wonton skins and made the whole .....
- Oak Kitchen Cabinet PaintingOak cabinets are beautiful but they can be tricky to paint because of the way the grain is in the wood. Oak tends to have a heavy grain and when you paint over the grain it tends to show through, even if you apply more than one coat of paint. This is what makes oak kitchen cabinet painting trickier than you might at first think. You need to even out the wood grain surface before you begin oak kitchen cabinet painting and this means you should apply wood grain filler before paint. Wood grain filler smooths the cabinets and fills in between the grains, giving a nice finish. Of course you must let your coat of wood grain filler dry properly .....
- Crispy Baked Camembert RecipeCamembert cheese is often featured as one of the cheeses on a cheeseboard, but there is more you can do with it. Similar to brie, this French cheese offers a ripe, creamy flavor, and it is also delicious served hot. Some people choose to fry the breaded Camembert in oil but you can also oven bake it if you want to cut the calories and fat content. Try this baked Camembert recipe for yourself to experience an amazing taste and texture. How Many Will This Crispy Baked Camembert Recipe Serve? This baked Camembert recipe will serve 2 if you want a filling starter or light main dish, or you can cut each cheese in half before you dip in the egg .....