Haramaki Belly Band Review
Haramaki is Japanese for belly wrap (hara means belly and maki means wrap). This garment can be worn over the belly for a comforting feeling and for warmth. Although this haramaki belly band garment is new to the West, they have been worn in Japan for centuries.
A haramaki belly band started as something warriors would wear to cover their vital organs and then turned into a garment which keeps the stomach and kidney area warm.
They come in different sizes and colors, and you can get them for men, women, expectant mothers and kids. Choose from various colors, either patterns or simple one-color designs.
How to Wear a Haramaki Belly Band
You can wear a haramaki belly band right next to your skin or over your clothing. Some people like to sleep in them and others wear them just during the daytime.
Choose one you like online or find out how to make your own. They are usually made from stretch cotton but you can also get ones made with silk, cashmere or other luxury materials.
Why I Bought My Haramaki Belly Band
Although I wasn’t looking for anything in particular I enjoyed browsing the different products such as light therapy and aromatherapy items, magnetic treatments, oils and more.
But then I noticed the haramaki belly band and my first thought was, “wow that looks cool!” I had never seen one before but I thought it looked good and then my interest grew when I found out about the benefits.
Why I Was Attracted to the Idea
A haramaki belly band will warm your core area and they feel cozy and comforting.
When your middle gets cold your whole body gets cold and I feel the cold easily.
I lived in the Canary Islands for 11 years (mainly for the weather) and believe me I really suffer in the cold. I have arthritis which gets worst and the wintertime is quite miserable for me. So anything that makes it better is a relief.
Image Credit: Amazon – Maternity Belly Band Stretchy Nylon – Made in USA
Haramaki Belly Band: My Own Experience
I purchased a haramaki belly band online and was excited when it came. Mine is black and double thickness. It is gently ribbed so it stretches.
A haramaki belly band should sit against your skin but not be tight, nor should it be loose or saggy. If I reach up and expose my lower back I feel the chill so I love the way the garment protects this area and keeps me snug. It is also a question of modesty, when you reach up to get something off a shelf and don’t want to expose your belly to everyone.
I’ve slept in it a couple times but don’t normally bother. I did that more as a comfort thing when my fiance was overseas. I wear it most days, usually under my clothes but sometimes I have the bottom exposed since it goes over the top of my pants, and it looks discreet and stylish.
The Most Luxurious Haramaki Belly Band
Perhaps the nicest haramaki you can get is one made with angora, not 100% angora because that would be pretty itchy, but one that combines angora with other materials to offer something soft, stretchy, warm and durable as well.
Pull it on by stepping into it and pull it up around your waist so the top is around your belly button and the bottom is around your hips.
The snug fit will hold the belly warmer in place and you will begin to feel the lovely warming effect as soon as you put it on.
This model is suitable for non-pregnant women and it is designed to mold to the shape of your body, being snug not tight, and comforting not constrictive.
Choose from S/M (waist to 37.5 inches) or L/XL (waist to 47.5 inches). The angora content is especially good at sealing in natural body heat, and this will not only feel soothing but it can help fight everything from lumbar pain to tummy ache.
This belly warmer is 20% angora, 40% wool, 28% polyamide and 12% elastin, for the perfect balance of comfort, warmth, durability, and softness. It is machine washable as long as you choose a low temperature wash and dry it naturally.
Image Credit: Amazon – Adult Haramaki Tummy Warmer
Haramaki Belly Band Warmer for Baby
We ladies who feel the cold aren’t the only ones to benefit from the therapeutic effects of a haramaki either. They are a wonderful investment for babies. No only do they offer a feeling of calm and warmth, but they are good medically as well.
The baby belly warmer is well recommended by mothers of fussy babies, or babies who just won’t seem to settle for whatever reason.
These little haramakis are filled with 100% natural herbs and offer fast relief from tummy ache or gas pain. Each one is good for up to 40 uses and you can also get refills to top them up. Choose from blue, green or pink, as you prefer.
The ‘Happy Tummi’ haramaki belly band offers relief for little ones with tummy ache or colic, and you get the waistband which is nice and soft, plus a herbal pouch with a flax, spearmint, lemongrass, lavender, camomile, wheat and peppermint filling.
Heat the pouch for 15 to 20 seconds and the herbs will be activated to release a lovely, comforting aroma, which works quickly on stomach-related ailments.
You can adjust the waistband using the velcro straps, and it feels very soft to your baby, and is easy to clean as well.
So if your baby is having tummy issues or you think he or she would appreciate a nice snuggly warming layer around the middle, consider the haramaki, a wonderful garment which brings feelings of comfort and happiness to anyone of any age, regardless whether you have a stomach ailment or simple fancy a warm, comforting ‘cuddle’ around the middle.
Image Credit: Amazon – Soothing Baby Belly Warmer
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Create Your Own Curry RecipeThis is a 4-step guide to making curry, and you can make it as mild or as spicy as you wish. Follow the steps learning how to create your own curry recipe and you will end up with the most delicious dish. There is nothing to worry about when making such a dish and it is best to get creative. So read through this to find out the 4 stages of curry making, then get yourself into the kitchen and prepare something wonderful – no need to follow any recipe to the letter! Step 1 in this how to create your own curry guide is all about softening any dense ingredients which will take a long time to tenderize. If you are using tough cuts of meat .....
- Mending a Broken HeartWe have all felt heartbroken at times and sometimes nothing seems to be able to shake off that horrible, empty feeling. Knowing how to mend a broken heart means you can move on with your life. If your partner has left you or something else bad has happened there are various ways to help you get over it and the saying ‘time heals’ actually does apply, even if you are not feeling especially optimistic about anything at the moment. You cannot force yourself to feel better but some tips on getting over the pain include the following: Spend time with family or friends. Having people you care about around you while you are going through a .....
- Authentic Stetson Salad RecipeThis is my favorite salad right now. The flavors are simply amazing and I adore this stetson salad recipe. I am a fan of chopped salad anyway and often make cobb salad for dinner, but once I heard about this one I just had to find out more about it, and it’s definitely my number one favorite now! The ingredients in a stetson salad recipe are colorful and tasty, and the dressing goes beautifully with the flavors in this Stetson salad. This salad is one of the most popular items on the menu at Cowboy Ciao, a restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona. Depending where you live you might not be able to get all the ingredients for Stetson salad but that’s .....
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Best Julienne PeelersEveryone needs one of the best julienne peelers in their kitchen drawer in 2017! One of these little gadgets will glide effortlessly over your vegetables to peel them or give you matchstick-thin pieces or little strips. Use these for making coleslaw, for prepping veggies for a salad or for making matching shapes for another use. You can also stir-fry or saute them and they cook very quickly when they are cut so finely. When reading reviews for these the main thing is how well the device in question works, and also how easy it is to use. There are different ones to choose from and whichever one you choose depends how often you plan to use it .....
- Crab Rangoon Wontons Made with Gyoza WrappersI had a problem a couple days back. I was in the mood for crispy wontons and having recently bought a deep fat fryer and knowing I had some wonton skins in the freezer, I didn’t think anything could go wrong. However, the wonton wrappers were broken! I still fancied some crab rangoon wontons though. Can you use gyoza wrappers for wontons, I wondered. Would crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers actually work? Only one way to find out! Making Wontons with Gyoza Skins Gyoza wrappers are round not square and they are thicker than wonton wrappers. When I make gyoza I usually steam them or make potstickers so I was not sure how they .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton Ideas and Chinese Dumplings and Soft WontonsThe most important part of your cabbage soup is, of course, the cabbage. You can get cabbage year-round and this vegetable weighs between one and seven pounds. Choose a cabbage with a big, compact head, and tender green leaves which do not show insect damage or holes. Fresh cabbage has plenty of outer leaves and greengrocers peel these off as the cabbage ages. Consider cream cheese wonton ideas. Cream cheese goes with cabbage really well (and seafood too!) Check the bottom of the cabbage before buying it, to check the leaves are not coming off the stem. If they are, that means the cabbage is old. Savoy cabbages are lighter for their size .....
- Luxurious Irish Cream ShakeThis Irish cream shake is so good and it is really quick to make too. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool down, then put it in the blender with Bailey’s, ice cream and coconut milk to make this thick, creamy shake. Ideal for St Patrick’s Day or just whenever you want to spoil yourself with a wonderful treat, this Irish cream shake always goes down well, and the flavor is amazing. This Irish cream shake recipe serves 2 people but it is easy enough to double or triple the recipe if you are serving more. If you want, you may top the shake with whipped cream and chocolate curls for a nice presentation, else you can serve smaller .....
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Hot Cherry Pit Pillow ReviewI love my hot cherry pit pillow and use it all the time. A couple of weeks ago I slept in a strange position on a flight and ended up with not only a crick in my neck but also really stiff shoulders. I remembered I had given my mother a hot cherry pit pillow for her birthday a year back and thought something warm on my shoulders would feel nice. It’s hard to keep a hot water bottle in that position but a long, thin shaped pillow would be perfect, so I placed an order and it came the following day. I was very excited to open it, heat it up and enjoy the wonderful feeling!.....