Hot Cherry Pit Pillow Review
I love my hot cherry pit pillow and use it all the time. A couple of weeks ago I slept in a strange position on a flight and ended up with not only a crick in my neck but also really stiff shoulders.
I remembered I had given my mother a hot cherry pit pillow for her birthday a year back and thought something warm on my shoulders would feel nice.
It’s hard to keep a hot water bottle in that position but a long, thin shaped pillow would be perfect, so I placed an order and it came the following day. I was very excited to open it, heat it up and enjoy the wonderful feeling!
How to Use a Hot Cherry Pit Pillow
Although you can freeze the pillow if you want a cold-pack, most of the time you will be heating it up instead. Spritz some water over the pillow, not too much but just enough to make it moist, then microwave it for 2 minutes.
I usually do my hot cherry pit pillow for 4 minutes but our microwave isn’t very good! Put the cherry pit cushion around your shoulders or anywhere you want and enjoy the amazing heat, and let the warmth penetrate into your aching joints or bones. The sensation is amazing.
How Long Does a Hot Cherry Pit Pillow Actually Stay Hot?
It only stays hot for about 45 minutes, which of course is less than a hot water bottle, but that is the amount of time most therapists recommend a heat treatment session should last, so it works out about right. If you want longer you can always pop it back in the microwave for a couple minutes anyway.
An Enticing Aroma
If you like a gentle smell of cherries you will like it. Another idea is to add some essential oil (a few drops of lavender perhaps) to the pillow before microwaving it, and then you can enjoy the essential oil benefits as well.
I spritz my hot cherry pit pillow with a pine and eucalyptus, although I also like the natural cherry stone aroma, which is soothing. A little essential oil will go a long way, so you will only need a couple drops in a full spray bottle of water. Give it a good shake then spray on the pillow before microwaving, and you will end up with a lovely aroma.
Photo Credit: All product images are credited to Amazon
Thermal Cherry Stone Pillow
This one can also be used hot or cold, so simply pop it in the microwave or into the freezer if you prefer to use it chilled.
You can machine wash it as well. Whether you suffer from aches and pains, a condition such as carpal tunnel or arthritis, or you simple want to indulge yourself at the end of the day, this cherry stone pillow is a fabulous way to do just that.
Spritz the hot cherry pit pillow with a little water, then microwave for a couple of minutes and allow the luxurious heat to seep into your body as you feel yourself relax. Stomach cramps, backache, cold feet or puffy eyes can be helped with this lovely item, and it measures 21.5 by 5 inches, so you can sit it along your shoulders if you wish or have it across your lap.
Infuse your hot cherry pit pillow with essential oil if you want to add even more bliss to your relaxation session. The feeling of the cherry pits offers a gently massage, especially if you have this around your neck/shoulder area. This cherry pit pillow is nice for practitioners treating clients and it is also something nice to have at home whenever you fancy heating it up for some soothing relaxation time.
Luxurious Hot Cherry Pit Pillow Made in the USA
Use this yourself or choose to give it as a gift, because it comes with a gift tag and stylish reusable bow.
This cushion is natural and green, and it is proudly made in the United States. The American tart cherry industry ends up with plenty of cherry pits, and these pillows are one great way of using them.
How to Use It
The pits are cleaned and dried and the resulting product can warm you, life your mood and soothe tired muscles. Either warm it in the microwave or oven for a hot pillow or chill it for a couple hours in the freezer if you prefer a cold pack.
Different Size Options
You can get a single or double square hot cherry pit pillow, but this triple square one is perfect because it is the biggest and you can cocoon yourself in it, wrapping it around your shoulders and upper back or using it to warm your bed before you get into it.
A generous 30 inches long and 10 inches high, this offers plenty of fabulous soothing heat, and also makes the perfect gift for that ‘hard to buy for’ friend or family member. Reviewers love the gentle moist heat and this pillow is suitable for anyone. Kids find them just as soothing as the grownups do, and it can be cleaned in the washing machine too.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Vegan Squash Crostini RecipeThis is a delicious vegan dip which sits on crispy crostini. This vegan squash crostini recipe is a great appetizer for vegans and you can use sweet potato instead of squash if you prefer. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this lovely vegan recipe, and if you are having a mixed crowd (ie some vegans and some veggies and others who are carnivores) this is a nice offering because it’s suitable for everyone. What is Crostini? Before you make this vegan squash crostini recipe you might like to know more about the dish. Crostini means toasted bread, and of course the Italian word sounds much more elegant. It can be topped with .....
- The Atlantic Rally for CruisersThe Atlantic Rally for Cruisers is incredible and attracts thousands of spectators every year as it leaves Las Palmas in Gran Canaria for Rodney Bay, Santa Lucia. Every year since 1986, this amazing transatlantic rally has set sail and crossed the 2700 nautical miles of Atlantic Ocean. The event begins in November and attracts over 200 yachts from all over the world. The ARC, as the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has been named, is considered to be the most successful sailing event in the world and attracts amateurs as well as professionals from over 20 different countries. For many keen sailors this opportunity is a once in a lifetime dream. .....
- 7 Cauliflower Rice RecipesCauliflower rice, also known as cauli rice, is a low-calorie, low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can make it with a food processor or, if you don’t have one, a cheese grater. There are different ways to cook cauliflower rice recipes too, such as on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although cauliflower obviously doesn’t share the exact same flavor as rice, you can get the appearance and texture very close. It is well worth knowing how to make cauliflower rice recipes, even if you are not trying to reduce your carb or calorie intake. Cauliflower is rich in protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, .....
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Easy Starter Recipe IdeasStarter recipes as they are called in the UK, or appetizer recipes as they are known in the US, are little snacks which are served before the main dish. There are easy starter recipe ideas to suit every occasion. There are hot and cold starter recipes that everyone can prepare, no matter whether you happen to be a newbie in the kitchen or an experienced and seasoned chef. So what are you planning to make as your New Year’s Eve starter recipes? A parma ham and melon starter, prawn cocktail, cheeseballs, canapes or something else? Keep reading if you are still looking for New Year’s Eve appetizer inspiration. Easy Starter Recipe .....
- AppetizersDiscover Amazing Appetizers The best starter recipes are the ones you feel would be most suitable for the occasion, plus those appetizers which go nicely before your chosen main course. Perhaps you want to make a hot meat starter recipe, a delicately flavored fish starter or something with eggs, cheese or even fruit. We have a lot of different starter recipes for you to browse and choose from, as well as plenty of handy starter making tips. You can make starters for two people to enjoy over a cozy dinner or lots of different snacks for a buffet or a big party. You will find plenty of choice here, when it comes to snacks and appetizers .....
- British Bangers and Mash RecipeWhat is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top. I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch. What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe? .....
- Vietnamese Summer RollsThe first time I saw a photo of Vietnamese summer rolls I just thought ‘wow’! I love spring rolls (egg rolls) because of their wonderful crispy exterior, but summer rolls are slightly different, still oozing Asian character but featuring a very different coating and a more subtle, fragrant characteristic which you will love. These are lovely in the summer (hence the name) but perfect served as an appetizer or light meal any time of the year. What are Vietnamese Summer Rolls? A summer roll is a Vietnamese dish made by enclosing a filling in a soft rice paper wrap. Typical ingredients used to make the filling include shrimp, pork, .....
- Hoisin Duck BriocheThis particular Hoisin duck brioche dish was inspired by a recent visit to Ruby, Exeter, where I enjoyed something very similar. Yep here I am dreaming of Ruby again! Well anyway the duck and hoisin are beautiful together, along with the cucumber, and although I am more used to enjoying this mixture in pancake wraps, I found the brioche really good with them, since brioche is naturally sweet and chewy, and just seemed to complement the hoisin duck flavors. What Goes with Hoisin Duck Brioche? I enjoyed this Hoisin duck brioche with a peanut butter wolf cocktail when I was at Ruby’s but you might prefer something else depending on what .....
- Why Homemade Recipes are Best1. Homemade Recipes Taste So Good If you compare some thawed out, reheated starters from the supermarket to something you have made yourself from scratch, from the best ingredients, which do you think will taste better? There is no contest. You will have plenty of time to make excellent homemade recipes if you plan the event in plenty of time, organise yourself properly and follow the best recipes. 2. Make Ahead Starters Save Time and Stress If you plan your homemade recipes ahead of time, you can make them before you need them, avoiding the need to be in the kitchen panicking about things at the last minute. Some make ahead ones can be made .....