Metallic Nail Polish
This product comes in a variety of gorgeous shades and the metallicness offers something special if you want a fashion forward look. Metallic nail polish isn’t for everyone but if you can carry it off it certainly looks stunning.
Choose silver or gold for a special occasion, magnetic if you want to make crazy patterns, or something more neutral like bronze or shiny blue or gray for a funky, edge look.
Metallic Nail Polish: The Option of Stickers
If you do not want to paint anything on, you can get stickers which are nail-shaped stickers that adhere to your nails and look like you’ve had a proper manicure.
This is a great way of getting a professional looking result without having to apply nail polish, and of course the stickers won’t chip like the regular stuff can. Either use stickers or use regular metallic nail polish.
Choose Gorgeous Colors
Any color can be made to look metal, so if you want a cool effect with a green, blue, red, pink or even black nail polish, go for it. You can get trendy metallic nail polish colors online or in many stores.
These metallic nail polish bottles are very tiny and you can keep them organized in a makeup bag.
If you end up with lots of shades you can use a selection of makeup bags, say keep the reds and pinks in one, your base coat, top coat and other treats in another, and perhaps the metal ones in a third.
Metal shades can be used for a funky French manicure. Instead of a white-tipped pink or beige nail, try using metal polish either for the base or for the tip. The resulting look is quirky and unique.
Set of 12 Metallic Nail Polishes, on Amazon
French Manicures Demystified
Discover how to give your hands and/or feet a classic, timeless look but perhaps using different colors than you normally do.
Opt to keep things elegant using pink or pink/beige and white, or try something modern like primrose yellow or neon green. Other hues such as navy with silver, burgundy with gold, or even bronze with purple can also look really fab.
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Nail file
Optionally you can paint on some nail oil, perhaps peach or lemon or similar, then after 5 minutes wash your hands again. The oil will help with the condition of your cuticles.
Next apply a base coat to safeguard against yellowing and let it dry well. The it is time to apply the color of your choice and let that dry too.
Choose whichever shade you want to use for the tip and paint this on across the top of each fingernail. Let this dry, then apply a top coat and let that dry too. Enjoy your new manicure!
Metallic Nail Stickers, on Amazon
Test Your Knowledge with Our Fun Quiz
How much do you know about nail shades and types? Test your knowledge with a few fun questions.
1. Where and when was the first polish made?
A. Japan in 5000 BC
B. China in 3000 BC
C. Egypt in the 14th century
D. New York in 1910
E. Paris, France in 1911
2. Which of the following is not a type of polish?
3. Which of these types of paint is modern nail polish a refined version of?
C. Car paint
D. Liquid mercury
E. Melted wax
(Answers under the video)
Answers… 1B 2D 3C – how did you do?
Some More Hot Content For You
- Elizabethan Chicken in Cream SauceThis delicious Elizabethan chicken in cream sauce recipe features chicken breasts, a lean and healthy choice, as well as onion and chicken stock for the base. The real appeal comes when you add grapes and sour cream, transforming this dish into something fruity and unique. Nutmeg and cider vinegar add a spicy twist to the flavor, and this may be served on rice or on a bed of mashed potatoes. Like most of our recipes, this Elizabethan chicken in cream sauce is pleasingly simple to put together. First you need to brown the chicken and then just keep it warm while you prepare the rest of the dish. Golden pan-fried onions are then simmered with .....
- Sesame SeedsSesame is a flowering plant and it is naturalized and cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seeds are believed to be the oldest oilseed crop and has been domesticated for more than 5000 years. The plant is drought-tolerant, making it a ‘survivor crop’ – capable of growing where most other crops would fail. In 2010, more than 3.84 million metric tons of sesame seeds were harvested in the world, the largest producer of which was Myanmar. India exported the most and Japan was the biggest importer. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. This rich, nutty-tasting ingredient is used in many different cuisines, .....
- How to Make Caramelized CarrotsLearn how to make caramelized carrots because this winning side dish goes with everything. This very easy recipe makes a lovely side dish. Carrots offer a natural sweetness but adding butter and a little sugar to the carrots gives them a wonderful crunchy glaze. Pair these with meat or poultry, adding some mashed potatoes too, for a great dish. I like to peel and chop mine into fat matchsticks but it’s up to you whether or not to peel, and also whether to cut them into slices, chunks or strips. The thinner they are cut the less time they will take to cook. How to Make Caramelized Carrots: Honey or Sugar I have made this recipe before .....
- Best Baked Chicken Breast with Cream of Chicken SoupThis baked chicken breast with cream of chicken recipe is quick and easy. It makes a great family dinner and everyone at the table will enjoy it. All you need to make this is chicken, a can of cream of chicken soup, milk, and poultry seasoning. The resulting baked chicken breast with cream of chicken is juicy and delicious, and pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice, and pretty much any vegetable. Try asparagus, broccoli, carrots, corn on the cob, or even colorful mixed veggies. An Incredibly Easy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe Anyone can make this baked chicken breast with cream of chicken recipe because it is really simple, .....
- Starter Recipes Around the GlobeInternational dishes have taken off recently in a big way. It is not unusual at all these days to see international starter recipes on a restaurant menu or to be given them at a dinner party. This obviously applies to main courses and desserts as well as starter recipes. Chicken sate, prawn toast, Asian soup recipes, Greek dips, Spanish tapas and more are popular as well as common these days and many people even prefer international starter recipes over traditional British ones. There are more ingredients available in modern supermarkets than ever before and you can use these ingredients to make exotic recipes and fusion-style snacks. .....
- Hot Cherry Pit Pillow ReviewI love my hot cherry pit pillow and use it all the time. A couple of weeks ago I slept in a strange position on a flight and ended up with not only a crick in my neck but also really stiff shoulders. I remembered I had given my mother a hot cherry pit pillow for her birthday a year back and thought something warm on my shoulders would feel nice. It’s hard to keep a hot water bottle in that position but a long, thin shaped pillow would be perfect, so I placed an order and it came the following day. I was very excited to open it, heat it up and enjoy the wonderful feeling! Some More Hot Content For You Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Handy .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....
- How to Cook Lobster TailsLobster tails make a real treat and, when cooked right, you can expect a succulent, tasty result with plenty of ocean flavor. Learning how to cook lobster tails is straightforward and the results are impressive. These little delicacies might not be the cheapest type of seafood in the store (far from it, usually) but once it in a while it is nice to spoil yourself to a lobster tails recipe. Buying the tails is cheaper than buying a whole lobster, and they’re easier to prepare and eat too. I spotted some of these on sale just after Christmas. Of course we had a full-to-bursting refrigerator then (who doesn’t?) but they were frozen, .....
- Stuffed Mini Peppers with Goat CheeseThese stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese make an incredible appetizer and my husband and I both love them. Where we live we can buy them in different varieties – some are sweet while others are spicy. One store uses the pointy end of spicy chilies as their ‘mini’ peppers while others use mini sweet peppers, mostly red but sometimes green or yellow. Green is more savory while yellow (and orange to a lesser extent) is sweeter. Whichever peppers you use in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe, the flavor of these little bites is going to be fantastic. See what they sell in your local food market and decide .....
- Middle Eastern Shakshuka RecipeShakshuka is a Middle Eastern tomato, bell pepper and egg dish. Sometimes it is spelt shakshouka. This Middle Eastern shakshuka recipe actually originated in Northern Africa and there are many different variations on the basic theme. The feta cheese is not a traditional ingredient, for example, but I love to add it because the creamy tang goes so well with the dish. Leave it out if you prefer though. How to Serve a Middle Eastern Shakshuka Recipe It is often served for breakfast in Israel with challah or pita on the side. The dish is also good for brunch or lunch. I like it with pita bread, homemade hummus and other Middle .....