Friends: The Complete Series Collection
Friends is one of the most successful TV sitcoms ever and it’s won a lot of awards. If you loved Friends when it was on TV you might be thinking about buying Friends the Complete Series so you can enjoy these great episodes all over again.
If you have never seen the show you don’t know what you’ve missed! If you did watch it then you’re probably smiling right now, remembering some of the classic episodes.
Who Created Friends?
The show was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and it aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 through to May 6, 2004.
What’s Friends the Complete Series About?
The show is about a group of friends living in Manhattan. 51.1 Americans watched the series finale (that was episode 236) on May 6, 2004, making it the 4th most watched series finale in TV history and the most watched episode of the entire decade.
Why Friends is Such a Funny Show
Just why does it keep those laughs coming and coming? Friends remains one of the best TV sitcoms to be created and have won numerous awards for both the characters and story lines.
The story is based around a group of friends living in Manhattan, and as their live unfold, you will soon discover they are addictive. David Crane and Marta Kauffman are the brains behind this sitcom which aired in September 1994.
The show was such a huge success that when the final episode was aired, 51.1 Americans tuned in to see the Friends finale. The huge cultural impact that the show created is still present today, and episodes are repeated all over the world. The six main characters that were featured were brilliant and brought the show to life with their day-to-day antics and dramas.
Friends the Complete Series – Friends Boxed Set – Every Episode Ever
Many people debate why Friends is such a funny show, but once you watch an episode, you will understand why the series was so popular.
The characters had a unique connection with each other as well as the live audience.
In the first series, the distinctive story lines were created ensuring that people were captivated by the unusual lives of the six Friends.
If you were a fan of the series, you would have watched the final episodes where the Friends said goodbye and moved on with their lives.
Whether you remember this show from the first time around and just want to take another look, or if you are new to Friends or only saw a few episodes, getting this boxed set will allow you to enjoy this iconic TV series. I recommend you invite some of your own friends over and get the drinks and snacks in. Once you start watching it is hard to stop!
Friends the Complete Series: Relatable Characters and Storylines
A lot of us can relate to the characters and have experienced similar situations in our own lives, and at least one of them will resemble someone you know in real life. Seeing comedy on the screen and thinking “that happened to me!” or “she reminds me so much of a dear friend” is sure to tickle your funny bone!
Friends the Complete Series: Characters
The series featured 6 main characters with a lot of other characters recurring through all the seasons.
Jennifer Aniston was Rachel Green, who was a fashion enthusiast and Monica Geller’s high school best friend. Rachel moved in with Monica after almost marrying a man before realizing she didn’t love him. She dates other men through the series and works as a waitress before becoming an assistant buyer in Bloomingdales and then working at Ralph Lauren. She has a daugher with Ross later on.
Lisa Kudrow was Phoebe Buffay, a self-taught musician and kooky masseuse. Her mother committed suicide and Phoebe lived on the streets for a while after that. She is street smart and writes her own songs. She has an evil identical twin called Ursula. Phoebe seems innocent and childlike, and sometimes uses the bad things that have happened to her to attain sympathy from others. She marries Mike Hannigan in the last season.
Courteney Cox portrayed Monica Geller, a perfectionist chef. She is often teased because she was fat as a child. Her first serious relationship is with a man 21 years older than her. They are very close until he claims he doesn’t want to have kids, and this upsets Monica. Monica then starts a relationship later with Chandler Bing and marry later on.
David Schwimmer played Ross Geller, Monica’s big brother. He works as a paleontologist at the Museum of Natural History. He is socially awkward but pleasant and good-natured. Ross has an on-off relationship with Rachel. He has 3 failed marriages and 1 son. By the end of season 8, he also has a daughter with Rachel who he finally admits he is in love with, and she with him.
Matthew Perry was Chandler Bing, a statistical analysis executive for a big company. He leaves this job in series 9, becoming a junior copywriter at an advertising company. Chandler’s mother was an erotic novelist and his father was a cross-dressing Las Vegas star. He is know for having bad luck in relationships and for his sarcastic jokes. He marries Monica and they adopt twins.
Matt LeBlanc played Joey Tribbiani, a food fan and struggling actor. He is a womanizer and has many girlfriends. He is actually caring and quite innocent. When chatting up girls his famous catchphrase is ‘how you doin?’ when he is trying to win them over. He lives with Chandler, his best friend, and then with Rachel. In season 8 he falls in love with Rachel, although Rachel tells him she doesn’t feel the same. They then return to being just friends.
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Make Wontons Like a ProThe first thing you need to do when making wontons is familiarize yourself with how these bite-sized treats are made, and find out what you need to make wontons. Knowing how to make wontons doesn’t require a whole lot of training. Practice makes perfect and really, it’s easy! You also need to decide what type of wonton recipe you wish to prepare. Do you want to make a classic wonton soup recipe or would you like to start off with baked wontons or fried ones? You can even steam them if you have a bamboo steamer and you want a softer texture. Once you have found a good recipe for your wonton filling, you can assemble your wontons .....
- Chinese Prawn Toast RecipeChinese prawn toast, or Chinese shrimp toast, is very popular and makes a tasty hot starter. You don’t have to serve Chinese food as the main course since this Chinese prawn toast recipe goes nicely as an appetizer before a Thai main course, Indian main course or anything else you like. How Does a Chinese Prawn Toast Recipe Taste? These little appetizers often have sesame seeds on but that is not essential. The toasts should be crispy without being burned, and taste fishy without being too fishy. Prawn toasts usually feature on Chinese restaurant menus because their wonderful crunch makes them very appetizing......
- Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and ShallotsHow does a warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots sound to you? This is a really satisfying recipe, and one of those you will be happy you made. Here, spinach is teamed with spinach and shallots, as well as garlic, nutmeg and even some hard-boiled egg if you like. Go ahead and add all your favorite ingredients to this warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots. Go ahead and personalize this salad as much as you want. It is going to taste great anyway. The result is a salad which is ideal for the cooler months and can be served alongside any meat, poultry or even seafood dish. Or you can enjoy the warm spinach salad with bacon and .....
- Easy Sauteed Brussels Sprouts RecipeWhen I remember Brussels sprouts from my childhood, unfortunately the memory makes me grimace a bit! I assumed Brussels sprouts were supposed to be soggy and flavorless but actually I have discovered a new way of cooking them. That’s right, read on to discover an easy sauteed Brussels sprouts recipe which might just convert even the most die-hard sprout hater! Although a lot of people just boil them, adding a pinch of bicarbonate of soda to keep them vivid green, sauteing them (cooking them in a pan with some oil or butter) is a much better way to go. I like to trim off the bottom, remove a few outer leaves and then slice them .....
- Crack Slaw with Chicken and Red OnionChicken is a nice meat to use if you want to enjoy that classic crackslaw flavor but limit the amount of calories. Of course beef is tasty but it is high in calories so if you are counting those too, or at least keeping an eye on your red meat intake, you might like to consider using chicken instead. This crack slaw with chicken recipe is simple to prepare and you will love the flavor. This recipe is made with chicken breast, which is a lean part of the bird, but is still flavorful and will soak up the lovely Asian seasonings used in the recipe. Delicious Chicken CrackslawThe following recipe makes use of mushrooms, red onion, carrot and .....
- Crab Rangoon Wontons Made with Gyoza WrappersI had a problem a couple days back. I was in the mood for crispy wontons and having recently bought a deep fat fryer and knowing I had some wonton skins in the freezer, I didn’t think anything could go wrong. However, the wonton wrappers were broken! I still fancied some crab rangoon wontons though. Can you use gyoza wrappers for wontons, I wondered. Would crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers actually work? Only one way to find out! Making Wontons with Gyoza Skins Gyoza wrappers are round not square and they are thicker than wonton wrappers. When I make gyoza I usually steam them or make potstickers so I was not sure how they .....
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- Tasty Ideas for Wonton SoupSo let’s assume you enjoy wonton soup and you have made a couple of different kinds already. What now? How do you play around with wonton soup recipes to come up with your own unique types? How do you come up with ideas for wonton soup if you want to tweak the recipe a little? First of all, you will need to be creative but you also have a lot of leeway when it comes to choosing flavors and ingredients because you can use pretty much any kind of meat, poultry, fish, seafood or vegetables for making wonton soup. The broth itself should be clear but you can add garnishes or flavors to it. Ideas for Wonton Soup: Wonton Broth Tips Wontons .....
- Watermelon Radish Recipes Cooked and RawWhat is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting! First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some .....
- Types of Bath Tubs and Bath TapsBathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want. There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both. Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best .....