Pasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese.
In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the mayo too, like mustard, spices or dried or fresh herbs, as you like.
Use white pasta for the best result – perhaps penne, shells or another favorite. For pasta salad, avoid the long kinds like spaghetti or linguine, and go for something that’s easy to pick up on the fork or scoop up in a spoon.
This recipe can be made quickly and easy, and it is an excellent pairing for everything from grilled chicken to burgers, steaks or even fish. Why not make a big batch for your next barbecue event or party? Continue reading
French toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups!
Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches hot from the pan and enjoy the wonderful crispy outside and the gooey cheese inside.
What Bread for Ham and Cheese French Toast?
You can use any kind of bread for ham and cheese French toast, perhaps baguette or ciabatta, or even regular sliced bread. It is best to use day-old bread because very fresh bread is more delicate and can tear. Use ready-sliced ham and cheese to save time. Cheddar is good here, or you can use any other type of melting cheese you want. Emmental or Gruyere are really good in this Monte Cristo recipe as well. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead.
Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions
Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you want to use a ready-made, herbed tomato-based sauce rather than the tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, again go ahead.
As well as our basic ingredients in this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage recipe, which are the meat, 3 cheeses, lasagna noodles and tomatoes, we are using garlic, parsley, oregano, basil to add aromatic accents to the overall flavor of this dish. After preparing the various components we are going to layer them in a glass lasagna dish, then bake the lasagna in the oven.
Low in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection.
This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else.
Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own
The main ingredients in this baked stuffed zucchini boats dish are the zucchini and the cheese, so just add whatever you want to that mixture. You can also swap the ham for bacon, for a slightly different flavor, or even add some sausage.
Cheese fondue is an amazing dish made with melted cheeses and other ingredients, and served with chunks of bread for dipping. Making fondue is really simple, and largely just a matter of adding your ingredients to a fondue dish and letting them melt and blend.
Some fondue sets use a flame while others are electric. You can also get different kinds, so if you like to make chocolate fondue or meat fondue, you might like to collect the fondue kits, since the thick earthenware cheese fondue bowl isn’t the one needed to make meat or chocolate fondue.
Our recipe for cheese fondue is very simple to make and you will love the authentic cheese flavors. Serve this with baguette bread cut into pieces and everyone will really enjoy your homemade Swiss fondue. You might like to serve other items for dipping too, such as chopped celery, button mushrooms, or even fruit chunks.
Find out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal!
So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference.
Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not?
Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you won’t be able to scrape bits off with the crackers. Don’t serve cheeseball recipes too warm either else they will melt!
They are a wonderful answer if you are looking for dinner party starter recipes or dinner party appetizers. You can make cheeseballs ahead and simply chill them until you are ready to serve the cheeseball along with whatever accompaniments you want.
- Greek Lamb CrackslawGreek seasonings work their magic in this special crack slaw recipe, while the meat and veggies are sure to fill you up. This Greek lamb crackslaw makes a change from the Asian crackslaw recipes you might be more familiar with, but if you are looking for something different this recipe is ideal. Ground lamb is used instead of another kind of ground meat, and it makes a great substitute because it is naturally quite fatty which means it comes out succulent and juicy. Fantastic Flavors The Greek flavors in this Greek lamb crackslaw recipe come from the addition of tomatoes, herbs and lemon juice. You can also add some black olives if you like. .....
- Kedgeree Made with Couscous or RiceThis kedgeree recipe is a traditional British breakfast from colonial India, offering a great balance of smoky and spicy flavors. Enjoy this for lunch or dinner. It is also good for breakfast if you fancy something fishy. Yes this dish is usually made with rice but try kedgeree made with couscous if you want something deliciously different. Shrimp and haddock are combined with the rice or couscous and there are hardboiled eggs and onion in there as well, and some lemon juice which brings out the lovely fishy flavors. This kedgeree made with couscous recipe is much simpler to make than you might have thought, so why not try this at the .....
- Tiny Cell PhonesAlthough the first cell phones were the size of a house brick, they have rapidly come down in size! Today you can choose from various sizes and styles including surprisingly tiny cell phones. There is something for every taste and if you have been shopping recently you might have been baffled by the sheer amount of choice there is nowadays. Does Size Matter Then? They say size doesn’t matter, but it does when you are talking about a phone! Tiny cell phones have great appeal because you can carry them around easily and bulky cell phones are a thing of the past. Perhaps you fancy a razor-thin cell you can slip into your back pocket or .....
- Standard Kitchen Cabinet DimensionsWhen planning a new kitchen or renovating your existing kitchen, there are various things that you need to know if you are going to do the work yourself, especially standard kitchen cabinet dimensions. “What are the standard kitchen cabinet dimensions” is a very common question to ask and you will need to know the answer so you can plan what to buy and also so you can plan what is going to go where and what exactly you are going to have in there. If space is at a premium you might be limited in the amount of drawers, cabinets and workspace you are able to get. Now, standard kitchen cabinet dimensions: base kitchen cabinets are 24 .....
- Easy Chicken Laksa RecipeLaksa is a spicy noodle soup, and this easy chicken laksa recipe is well worth making. It originates from the Peranakan culture, which is a blend of Malay and Chinese. This culture is found in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. There are 2 main kinds of laksa, curry laksa and asam laksa. The curry kind is a coconut curry soup and the asam kind is a sour fish soup. Different Kinds of Laksa Recipes Both kinds have noodles, and these might be thick rice noodles or rice vermicelli. Thick rice noodles are called ‘laksa noodles’ in some places. Curry laksa might include fish sticks, cockles, shrimp or bean curd puffs. Alternately it .....
- Chicken Fajitas RecipeHere in this excellent chicken fajitas recipe, we are pairing spiced chicken with delicious veggies, soft tortillas and whichever condiments you want to add. It makes a lovely dinner for any occasion. Although a lot of people assume fajitas are Mexican they are actually Tex-Mex. The word ‘fajita’ refers to barbequed meat which is served on a tortilla. Onions and bell peppers usually feature in these recipes, along with lettuce, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, tomato, and/or guacamole. Skirt steak is the original meat used to make a chicken fajitas recipe, and this tough cut of beef which is amazing when slow cooked has soared .....
- The Evolution of Starter RecipesIt’s interesting to learn about the evolution of starter recipes. Starters, or appetizers as they are also known, are served in most cuisines and cultures. These snacks were served in ancient Persia thousands of years ago and ancient Roman aristocracy used to enjoy eggs, fruit and similar treats before eating their main course. Appetizers have been served for many years in the UK as a snack before the main course arrived but modern ones can be quite different from old fashioned ones. Of course, you can still serve traditional recipes but it is also fun to experiment with the wide range of ingredients that are available today but that .....
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....
- Vegan Parsnip Crisps RecipeThis vegan parsnip crisps recipe is really well worth making. The crisps (chips) are made from parsnips. You can serve them as they are or with any dip you like, such as an onion dip, hummus or a salsa. These are one of our easiest vegan recipes. Vegan Parsnip Crisps: Crispy Crunchy Appeal Crisps are normally made from potatoes of course, and then you have ones made with sweet potatoes, but these are very similar, albeit offering a slightly more unusual flavor. Parsnips are tasty and versatile. They can be roasted or used to make a mash, or they might go in a soup or stew. Parsnips are lovely roasted and served alongside a roast, even a nut .....
- Simple Stuffed SquidsFeaturing a stuffing made with anchovies, parmesan, garlic, wine, parsley and breadcrumbs, this Greek inspired, simple stuffed squids recipe is hearty and tasty. You can see exactly what you need for this recipe and see how the filling is made in a skillet on the stove in stages. This is important because it gives the filling plenty of dimension. Stuff your squid then fry them in garlicky oil in the skillet. They will puff up on the stove and when they do it is time to add white wine and cover the skillet. Because this is a stovetop recipe you can watch the squid the whole time. It is also nice if you are using the oven to cook something .....