There are plenty of ways to cook salmon filets, which is good news if you love this tasty, healthy fish. Salmon is one of the most popular choices when it comes to fish, along with tuna and cod. These 3 fish are often known as ‘the big 3’ because they are so popular. Salmon has a distinctive flavor which pairs well with just about any cuisine, whether you are adding teriyaki and sesame seeds, hoisin or soy sauce for an Asian feel, lemon and parsley along with white wine for a Western European dish, or even barbecue sauce, avocado and tortillas for a Tex-Mex feast.
So what are some of the ways to cook salmon filets? Well salmon can be baked, broiled, grilled, pan-fried, poached, deep-fried, microwaved, steamed, or cooked on the barbeque. It can be cooked in a pressure cooker or crockpot, and you can even eat it raw as carpaccio or sushi perhaps. A salmon filet is a beautiful ingredient to use, regardless of which recipe or cooking technique you are opting for.
The biggest mistake you can make is overcooking the salmon. Regardless which ways to cook salmon filets you prefer to use, avoid overcooking at all costs! A lot of recipes say when the fish flakes easily it is done but actually if it flakes easily it is slightly overdone! I cook salmon filets until the center is still ever so slightly glossy and the rest is opaque, because it keeps cooking after being removed from the heat, and this ensures the moistest result. If you prefer your salmon more done, then go ahead and cook it a little longer.
Pasta con le sarde is a typical Sicilian dish. The name translates to mean ‘pasta with sardines’ and the sardines along with fennel are the main 2 ingredients in there, those which give it the characteristic taste. Saffron, currants or raisins, pine nuts, and toasted almonds or capers also enrich the dish, offering a unique and special flavor in the finished meal.
There are different pasta con le sarde recipes, some of which include tomato pulp and others which do not. Some are finished off in the oven for a few minutes so the pasta can finish cooking in there.
When to Make a Pasta con le Sarde Recipe
Make this pasta con le sarde whenever you want, but I would recommend March to September as the ideal window just because that’s the best time to get harvested wild fennel and fresh sardines at the market. Prepare the dish then add some toasted breadcrumbs to finish it off. You might want to use macaroni rather than bucatini or spaghetti, and in fact that would be more traditional in Sicily.
Some More Hot Content For You
If you are looking for new ideas for pizza, something other than the meat feast or tomato and cheese pizza you usually have, consider this brand new take on the Italian favorite. Topping with smoked salmon and capers, this offers a fresh, light flavor, and a gourmet appeal. If you are looking for an elegant Italian recipe which is easy to prepare rather than fussy, consider this smoked salmon pizza with capers and enjoy the smooth texture of the salmon and the salty little bursts of flavor in the capers as well as the satisfying pizza crust.
The smoked salmon pizza with capers takes a while to make, especially since the dough is homemade and needs to chill overnight. If you are short of time or not bothered about making the dough from scratch, you can either buy dough and roll it out yourself or use a readymade pizza crust. Either of these would be fine and nobody has to know you didn’t make your own dough. Roll out some readymade dough into a ‘non quite symmetrical’ shape and it’ll look homemade!
The ingredients for the topping are adaptable, so swap the red onion for white if you want, leave off the capers if you aren’t keen, or swap them for anchovies for extra seafood appeal. You can also add some thinly sliced mushrooms, pineapple chunks or anything else you want to put on there, or keep it simple with just the salmon and capers if you would rather. Continue reading
I had some leftover broccoli and decided to experiment a little, after the success of my vegetable jeon the other day. These Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes came out really well and I decided to share the recipe. They are so good!
What are Jeon?
Jeon (pronounced jun) is a Korean pancake and these fantastic little snacks make a great appetizer, or you could serve them as the main dish. Suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack, there are lots of different jeon recipes.
Making this Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes recipe is easy. Combine an egg, a couple tablespoons of flour and a handful of your main ingredient (could be mashed butterbeans, canned tuna, grated vegetables or anything else you fancy) with your preferred seasonings. You can then divide the mixture into patties and saute them in a skillet until golden brown. Continue reading
This tuna with a sesame crust is a fabulous way to showcase the wonderful flavor of fresh tuna, and you will not believe just how easy this recipe is to make, even if you’re new to cooking fresh fish or don’t often do it
Even a total novice in the kitchen will be able to pull this recipe off and end up with a very impressive dish.
To make it, you just need some tuna steaks and sesame seeds, both black and white, and then some oil for frying and salt to add extra flavor. In addition to that you will need a big nonstick skillet.
Tips for Cooking Tuna with a Sesame Crust
There is nothing hard about cooking fresh fish, especially not tuna. The only thing to watch out for is not too overcook it. Tuna is lean which means it can dry out if you’re not careful, and you don’t want to do that to this delicious fish. Continue reading
Salmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. It is high in omega-3’s which are essential for good health and the flavor is just amazing. That’s why I enjoy making this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe.
Sometimes I like to spice it up by adding Cajun, Mexican or Indian spices, but other times I like the salmon just as it is, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon or just some salt and pepper. Salmon is nice added to a risotto or quiche. There are so many things you can do with this wonderful fish.
The following 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe just requires 3 ingredients, and those are some Cajun seasoning which you can buy in a package, a little oil and the salmon itself. Griddling needs a high heat so you might not even want to use the oil. Continue reading
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup RecipeThis delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer. I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries. Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. .....
- 4 Budget Hotels in the South of Gran CanariaThere are plenty of great hotels to choose from in Gran Canaria’s sunny south, so if you are in the mood to soak up some sun in Playa del Ingles or Puerto Rico, consider the following budget hotels in Gran Canaria and see which you fancy. Finding your own flights and booking a hotel separately, instead of booking a package, means you get more control over dates and times, as well as how you fly and where you stay. No wonder many people like to book their own flights and accommodation, so they can create the tailor-made holiday of their dreams......
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others......
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Creamy Rich Butternut Squash SoupA nice rich butternut squash soup is a lovely option for the chillier months. There are plenty of things you can do with this naturally sweet vegetable though, not just soup. Try stuffing it with risotto or pilaf, cubing it and adding it to your next stew or curry, pureeing it to make a change from mashed potatoes, or using it to make a wonderful winter warmer of a soup. You can tinker with the rich butternut squash soup, adding more ingredients if you want. Some people like to swap half the butternut squash for pumpkin or potatoes, or even carrots. Doing this will change the flavor slightly and the color of the finished soup. Adding .....
- Healthy Easy Spiralizer Recipes and IdeasA spiralizer isn’t the most commonly talked about kitchen gadget, but it’s definitely one that has been gaining popularity recently. If you haven’t heard of this interesting invention before a spiralizer is basically a neat, time saving tool that turns vegetables into thin, noodle like strips to use in a bunch of different dishes. There are plenty of easy spiralizer recipes to have a go at too. If you have ever tried to thinly slice a zucchini using a julienne peeler, or worse – a knife – and given up halfway through because it was taking too long then the spiralizer will be your new culinary sidekick. The way a spiralizer works .....
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado AppetizersThese bacon wrapped avocado appetizers are absolutely gorgeous and you can serve them as an appetizer or side dish. They are low in carbs (if you leave out the sugar) but high in flavor. Spicy or Mild, Your Choice Use the chili or cayenne pepper if you wish, or just have the bacon wrapped avocado appetizers without if you want a milder finish. These are great to pop into the oven when you have something else cooking on the stove. I wasn’t sure these would work the first time I made bacon wrapped avocado appetizers. I have made bacon-wrapped shrimp before, and bacon-wrapped cheese, but this is the first time I used avocado. Although .....
- Easy Lamb Shanks with Garlic and HerbsLamb shanks are always good although they tend to be more expensive nowadays than before. Go back a few years and the price was much lower, the reason being well-known chefs are beginning to serve lamb shank recipes in their restaurants, pushing up the price. This easy lamb shanks with garlic recipe is reminiscent of classic lamb shank dishes. Never mind about the price being more than it was. Lamb shanks are not prohibitively expensive, they make a great dish, they are easy to cook and the meat, when cooked properly, is falling-apart tender and oh so flavorful. I like to cook easy lamb shanks with garlic often and I tend to cook them in the .....
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....
- Dim SumDim sum, which translates to mean ‘to dot your heart’ refers to small dishes eaten as snacks. These can be baked, deep-fried, steamed or braised, and they are presented well and delicious too. Examples of dim sum include har gao, steamed shrimp dumplings in a rice flour pastry, char siu bao, which are roast pork-filled steamed buns, lor bak ko, which is turnip cake, and woo kok, which is shrimp with Chinese mushrooms. A lot of dim sum restaurants also offer congee porridge, soups, steamed green vegetables and roasted meats. The serving size is small and you usually get three or four pieces in one dish. Dim sum is eaten with a cup .....