Detox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar.
The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon and fresh mint with chilled water to make a gorgeous drink.
What Nutrients Does It Offer?
Watermelon is rich in potassium and vitamin C, while lemon is full of vitamin C and can help cleanse the liver and aid with digestion. Mint stimulates fat digestion and is helpful in eliminating toxins. And as for water, well that’s essential to life itself.
You can either make a glass of this watermelon mint detox water or a whole pitcher. You can also tweak the recipe, swapping the lemon for lime, the watermelon for canteloupe or even the mint for half a cinnamon stick. Get creative with your detox water recipes and you are sure to find your perfect blend! Continue reading
Although pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste.
What are Pineberries Exactly?
This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, since a second generation just produces red strawberries. You can’t grow them in your garden like regular strawberries but you can buy pineberries in your local grocery store…maybe!
What do pineberries taste like then? Well I would say they are strawberry-textured but pineapple-flavored, or at least mainly. These berries begin green but then get paler as they get more ripe. Slightly less than an inch across in size, pineberries offer a juicy flavor which is not too sweet nor too acidic, and they are really aromatic. This makes pineberry recipes an attractive idea if you want to make something new.
Some More Hot Content For You
Although fried banana wontons are not the most diet-friendly dessert, they are great for an occasional treat. If you want something a bit healthier, then you could adapt this recipe or make another one. Healthy desserts with banana as one of the ingredients are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re healthier than a simple carb and sugar confection. Try baking the banana wontons instead of deep-frying them. You will need to spritz a little spray oil on them to get them crispy but baked wontons are also very good. You can serve a sugar-free chocolate sauce or fruit sauce with them.
Grilled Banana Recipe
Let’s think of some more healthy desserts with banana ideas. Something else you can make is grilled bananas. Simply peel a banana and wrap it in foil after adding some cinnamon, sugar or sweetener, and perhaps a tot of brandy or sherry too. Tightly seal the foil and pop the banana on the grill for ten minutes. Serve it as it is or with some cream or ice cream. Grilled bananas are lovely. Continue reading
Peach smoothie is perfect for any age or occasion, and you can adapt the following recipe as much as you want. Serve it in martini glasses, tall glasses or another kind, and garnish each one with a peach slice if you want, or a strawberry perhaps. This lovely recipe is quick and easy to make. Simply throw everything into a blender and press the button.
If you find yourself with a batch of fresh peaches to use up, consider making this recipe. You don’t have to use fresh peaches. Frozen ones will work too, either thawed or still frozen, and if you’re using still-frozen ones you can leave out the ice cubes.
Fruity and Fantastic
Peaches are wonderful in fruit smoothies, and you can also add other fruit, such as strawberries to make a strawberry peach smoothie or consider pineapple, pear, mango, melon or other fruits. Canned fruit is yet another option but drain off the liquid if they are in ‘syrup’ (which is only sugary water). Continue reading
This lovely summer fruits ice tea combines tea, honey and fruit with mint leaves. The result is refreshing and delicious. If you wish to make an alcoholic version, add a splash of Cointreau, Limoncello, Chambord or fruit brandy to the drink. If you are doing this and there are kids around, don’t forget to mark the pitcher so you know it’s for the grownup only.
This tasty drink is tasty, refreshing and free from additives. A lot of commercial teas contain lots of added sugar, as well as artificial colors and flavorings, and those are all things we could happily do without.
Feel free to tinker with the following recipe. Try adding lychee tea and lychees instead of the hibiscus and rosehip teas. If you want to make it fizzy, add some lemonade or sparkling water to the mix. Pineapple, passion fruit or berries can also go into this tea. Continue reading
This steamed couscous with fruit recipe is light, aromatic and really delicious. Combining the taste of couscous with sweet juicy fruit, this makes a great side dish or you can have it alone for lunch or a light supper.
You could also consider doubling or tripling the steamed couscous with fruit recipe to make a nice buffet or potluck dish. It is fine to stand at room temperature for a while since there is no meat or eggs in there.
Couscous is a lovely grain to cook with and you can use plain couscous or Israeli couscous (otherwise known as pearl couscous). It makes a nice change from rice or potatoes, and you can make salads, side dishes and main dishes using this grain. It is very easy to cook.
In this steamed couscous with fruit recipe, just cook it how it tells you on the package, adding some raisins to the cooking water. Soaking raisins in liquid, especially hot liquid, swells them up and makes them juicy. For special dishes and desserts they are nice soaked in brandy or rum. Continue reading
- What are Pineberries and Some Pineberry RecipesAlthough pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste. What are Pineberries Exactly? This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, .....
- Sticky Spare Ribs with Chinese Leaves and Noodles RecipeThis tasty oriental recipe will get your dinner off to a good start. Serve these sticky spare ribs with Chinese leaves and noodles and everyone is sure to enjoy the exotic Eastern flavor. Don’t worry if you haven’t cooked ribs before – they just need to roast. These ribs are sticky so if you make this starter recipe, you might want to give out finger bowls or wet flannels. In fact, you really should. How to Cook Spare Ribs Spare ribs should be crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside. There is nothing worse than overcooked meat and ‘well done’ simply does not apply to spare ribs. When they are cooked .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- Seafood Soup RecipeThis seafood soup recipe is made from scratch, so you will get all that amazing seafood flavour you love so much. Whether you are using lobster, crab, prawns or a mixture, the flavor is amazing. The better the seafood broth you use in this seafood soup recipe, the better it is going to taste. Whenever you are basing a whole recipe on a broth you need to make sure you use something of quality. It is so important. Great Ingredients Blend Together There are quite a few different ingredients in this seafood soup recipe but use them all and you will be so glad you did. The most important ingredients are the seafood and whatever you use to make .....
- How Many Calories in WineA lot of people dieting know how many calories are in food, or at least they have some idea and then find out the rest, so they can keep a record, but how about calories in wine because those count just as much. Wine drinkers might be surprised how many calories are in their favorite tipple. In fact, if you drink wine it’s vital to know. So, how many calories in wine exactly? Although most wines are less than 100 calories a glass that is not always the case and of course it depends on the serving size. Wine is lower in calories than a lot of other alcoholic drinks, with Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel at less than 80 calories a serving. .....
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- Baked Wonton Chips with Sesame SeedsYou can use black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds or gosiamo to make these baked wonton chips with sesame seeds. Gomasio is a mixture of sesame seeds, seaweed and salt. Have you seen these in your local store? If not, ask. The worst that will happen is the store doesn’t carry them in which case head to an Asian or international food store or else simply buy some white seeds and some black ones and make your own mix. These baked wonton chips with sesame seeds are so simple to make and you probably already have the required ingredients for them, since all you need are wonton skins, sesame seeds, oil and pepper. These wontons are baked .....
- Pork and Beef Crackslaw with Shredded VeggiesThis pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor. They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food .....
- Easy Sukiyaki RecipeOne of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties. Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes .....
- Authentic Thai Chicken Soup RecipeYesterday I decided to get a Thai massage. I suffer from a stiff neck and shoulders. For some reason, I hold all my tension in there! I love a good hot oil massage but the Thai massage is, well slightly different. More ‘painful’ but today I can move really freely and feel great! The woman was literally walking up my legs and back, digging her knees and elbows into me and making me yelp! However, ‘no pain no gain’ as they say, and today I can honestly say I feel great after it. And yes, all that gave me the inspiration to make this authentic Thai chicken soup recipe. Thai Food Inspiration While I was having this .....