Detox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar.
The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon and fresh mint with chilled water to make a gorgeous drink.
What Nutrients Does It Offer?
Watermelon is rich in potassium and vitamin C, while lemon is full of vitamin C and can help cleanse the liver and aid with digestion. Mint stimulates fat digestion and is helpful in eliminating toxins. And as for water, well that’s essential to life itself.
You can either make a glass of this watermelon mint detox water or a whole pitcher. You can also tweak the recipe, swapping the lemon for lime, the watermelon for canteloupe or even the mint for half a cinnamon stick. Get creative with your detox water recipes and you are sure to find your perfect blend! Continue reading
Although pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste.
What are Pineberries Exactly?
This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, since a second generation just produces red strawberries. You can’t grow them in your garden like regular strawberries but you can buy pineberries in your local grocery store…maybe!
What do pineberries taste like then? Well I would say they are strawberry-textured but pineapple-flavored, or at least mainly. These berries begin green but then get paler as they get more ripe. Slightly less than an inch across in size, pineberries offer a juicy flavor which is not too sweet nor too acidic, and they are really aromatic. This makes pineberry recipes an attractive idea if you want to make something new.
Some More Hot Content For You
Although fried banana wontons are not the most diet-friendly dessert, they are great for an occasional treat. If you want something a bit healthier, then you could adapt this recipe or make another one. Healthy desserts with banana as one of the ingredients are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re healthier than a simple carb and sugar confection. Try baking the banana wontons instead of deep-frying them. You will need to spritz a little spray oil on them to get them crispy but baked wontons are also very good. You can serve a sugar-free chocolate sauce or fruit sauce with them.
Grilled Banana Recipe
Let’s think of some more healthy desserts with banana ideas. Something else you can make is grilled bananas. Simply peel a banana and wrap it in foil after adding some cinnamon, sugar or sweetener, and perhaps a tot of brandy or sherry too. Tightly seal the foil and pop the banana on the grill for ten minutes. Serve it as it is or with some cream or ice cream. Grilled bananas are lovely. Continue reading
Peach smoothie is perfect for any age or occasion, and you can adapt the following recipe as much as you want. Serve it in martini glasses, tall glasses or another kind, and garnish each one with a peach slice if you want, or a strawberry perhaps. This lovely recipe is quick and easy to make. Simply throw everything into a blender and press the button.
If you find yourself with a batch of fresh peaches to use up, consider making this recipe. You don’t have to use fresh peaches. Frozen ones will work too, either thawed or still frozen, and if you’re using still-frozen ones you can leave out the ice cubes.
Fruity and Fantastic
Peaches are wonderful in fruit smoothies, and you can also add other fruit, such as strawberries to make a strawberry peach smoothie or consider pineapple, pear, mango, melon or other fruits. Canned fruit is yet another option but drain off the liquid if they are in ‘syrup’ (which is only sugary water). Continue reading
This lovely summer fruits ice tea combines tea, honey and fruit with mint leaves. The result is refreshing and delicious. If you wish to make an alcoholic version, add a splash of Cointreau, Limoncello, Chambord or fruit brandy to the drink. If you are doing this and there are kids around, don’t forget to mark the pitcher so you know it’s for the grownup only.
This tasty drink is tasty, refreshing and free from additives. A lot of commercial teas contain lots of added sugar, as well as artificial colors and flavorings, and those are all things we could happily do without.
Feel free to tinker with the following recipe. Try adding lychee tea and lychees instead of the hibiscus and rosehip teas. If you want to make it fizzy, add some lemonade or sparkling water to the mix. Pineapple, passion fruit or berries can also go into this tea. Continue reading
This steamed couscous with fruit recipe is light, aromatic and really delicious. Combining the taste of couscous with sweet juicy fruit, this makes a great side dish or you can have it alone for lunch or a light supper.
You could also consider doubling or tripling the steamed couscous with fruit recipe to make a nice buffet or potluck dish. It is fine to stand at room temperature for a while since there is no meat or eggs in there.
Couscous is a lovely grain to cook with and you can use plain couscous or Israeli couscous (otherwise known as pearl couscous). It makes a nice change from rice or potatoes, and you can make salads, side dishes and main dishes using this grain. It is very easy to cook.
In this steamed couscous with fruit recipe, just cook it how it tells you on the package, adding some raisins to the cooking water. Soaking raisins in liquid, especially hot liquid, swells them up and makes them juicy. For special dishes and desserts they are nice soaked in brandy or rum. Continue reading
- Gorgeous Mystic Topaz RingsAlso known as rainbow topaz, mystic topaz is a semi-precious gemstone. It has a high hardness and refractive index as well as not being sensitive to chemicals. This means it is a good stone to make jewelry and will last for many years. Invest in mystic topaz rings and you’ll have something you want to wear all the time. What is Mystical About It? Mystic topaz is colorless topaz which has been enhanced with a hi-tech process to give a rainbow effect. The better the original stone used, the better the end result will be, and this means the quality, polish and cut. So if you start with a high quality colorless stone you will end up with a .....
- Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should HaveMost people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply. Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen. Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets. Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and .....
- 1950s Kitchen StyleRetro is very popular right now and if you are thinking about designing your kitchen in a 1950s decor style it is quite easy to find 1950s kitchen style accessories. With a retro style 50s kitchen you can incorporate the funky 50s look with a modern 21st century kitchen. The 1950s were an optimistic, prosperous and conservative time and entertainment was revolutionized with the invention of televisions, rock and roll and new movies. Fifties Kitchen Style Airy, open floor plans were popular and kitchens were being outfitted with new stainless steel and chrome appliances, which make cooking easier and faster. Pastel colors like pink, yellow, .....
- Easy Banana Bread with ApplesauceThis incredibly easy banana bread with applesauce recipe is made by combining bananas with applesauce, eggs, vanilla and flour. Some sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt also go into the mix. Making this is very straightforward because you just have to combine the ingredients in a bowl, transfer the resulting mixture into a greased loaf pan, and then you can bake it until done. Easy Banana Bread with Applesauce: Such a Tempting Snack Served hot with butter and honey, this makes the most amazing snack, and it is a great comfort food. Homemade banana bread appeals to all the family from the youngest to the most senior, and there are all .....
- How to Make Wontons Like a ProThe first thing you need to do when making wontons is familiarize yourself with how these bite-sized treats are made, and find out what you need to make wontons. Knowing how to make wontons doesn’t require a whole lot of training. Practice makes perfect and really, it’s easy! You also need to decide what type of wonton recipe you wish to prepare. Do you want to make a classic wonton soup recipe or would you like to start off with baked wontons or fried ones? You can even steam them if you have a bamboo steamer and you want a softer texture. Once you have found a good recipe for your wonton filling, you can assemble your wontons .....
- Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine SauceI fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe. One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a .....
- Chicken Thighs with Apricot and CuminThis easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight? As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor. Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an .....
- Different Types of Glassware and StemwareThe word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from. Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base. Buy What You Personally Like Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those .....
- Anchovy Wrapped OlivesThis anchovy wrapped olives recipe is very simple and shows you how to make anchovy wrapped olives. The recipe is perhaps one of the simplest you have seen, since you only need two different ingredients to make it, and this basic salty snack is beautiful whether you enjoy it with a cold beer, a glass of wine, a soft drink or even a warm beverage. Anchovies are salty, fishy and have an interesting texture, while olives are smooth, soft and the pimento filling is somewhat sweet. Anchovy Wrapped Olives: Making Your Own When paired, these two ingredients offer a beautiful savory flavor and a wonderful balance. These anchovy wrapped olives are .....
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup RecipeCarrot is an ingredient which is used in many different soup recipes and if you make this delicious carrot and chestnut soup recipe, you will discover that it is very tasty alongside chestnuts too. This is a rich and creamy soup as well as being vitamin-rich and very healthy as well. Why Carrot and Chestnut? Carrot and orange soup is a popular type but carrot and chestnut is not so well known. If you often make popular soups such as chicken noodle soup, potato soup, pumpkin soup or beef and tomato soups, why not try this carrot and chestnut soup recipe for a change?.....