Pasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese.
In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the mayo too, like mustard, spices or dried or fresh herbs, as you like.
Use white pasta for the best result – perhaps penne, shells or another favorite. For pasta salad, avoid the long kinds like spaghetti or linguine, and go for something that’s easy to pick up on the fork or scoop up in a spoon.
This recipe can be made quickly and easy, and it is an excellent pairing for everything from grilled chicken to burgers, steaks or even fish. Why not make a big batch for your next barbecue event or party? Continue reading
Focaccia is a tasty Italian bread which complements all kinds of dishes. Although you can buy it from the bakery or grocery store, making your own easy tomato and onion focaccia loaf is worthwhile because let’s face it – you can’t beat freshly baked bread! And this one is certainly no exception.
How to Serve Focaccia
You can serve this easy tomato and onion focaccia as an appetizer, either alone or with dips like sour cream dip or onion dip, or else have it with your main dish. If you are having beef, chicken or similar in a sauce, focaccia bread can be used to scoop up every last drop of those yummy meat juices, making it a worthwhile accompaniment to any Italian meal.
This recipe is simple to follow. Grab some yeast, flour, salt, oil, onion, tomato and oregano to make it, and allow an hour or so time for the dough to rise. This baked Italian bread is similar to pizza dough and is often served with appetizers or tapas in Italian cuisine.
Why Focaccia Rises More
Focaccia uses more yeast than pizza dough though, so it rises more. Serve this easy tomato and onion focaccia flat bread with your appetizers, alone with aperitifs, with dips (fusion style) or alongside your Italian inspired meat or fish dish, and you’re sure to have a winner on your hands. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Gnocchi makes a change from pasta or pizza but is just as Italian. So if you are in the mood for Italian food but not something too, well, obvious, consider gnocchi! This dish, which comprises potato gnocchi, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella, is also known as gnocchi alla sorrentina. Gourmet gnocchi makes such a nice dinner. It’s the perfect balance between satisfying and delicate.
I like to add prosciutto to the dish but you could add serrano ham or regular ham instead (the thinly shaved kind) or else just leave it out, for a vegetarian result. You could even get creative here, adding shredded cooked chicken or similar, as a way of using up leftovers from last night’s meal.
What is Gnocchi Exactly?
Gnocchi is like a little dumpling made of potato and flour. You can make your own or grab a package from the pasta and rice aisle in the grocery store. Obviously it’s far easier just to grab some ready-made. If you add plenty of fresh ingredients you can restore a homemade flavor to the dish. We are adding cheese, tomatoes and ham, and this adds plenty of flavor and color, and it’s also really easy to make this simple Italian staple into a gourmet gnocchi meal ready to knock your partner’s socks off with big, bold flavors!
Serve this with some crusty bread, preferably ciabatta or another kind of Italian bread if you can get it, along with butter. Add a baby leaf salad and some kind of basic dressing like extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar, and you have a delicious entree which everyone will love. This certainly makes an exciting change from the usual pasta recipes. Continue reading
Pizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good!
The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza toppings to make the most amazing appetizer or main dish.
Why Use French Bread as a Pizza Crust
French bread makes a great pizza crust since it is naturally crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. It really is so delicious! Top with your favorite sauce and toppings and you will find just anything goes. Get as inventive as you wish with a homemade pizza on French bread.
In addition to French bread being crispo and tasty, it holds the sauce and toppings really well, so the next time you fancy Italian food but not spaghetti carbonara or traditional pizza, consider this French bread pizza recipe and rustle up something quick, easy and above all… tasty! I like shrimp on mine, or maybe tuna or another kind of seafood. I just like seafood pizza. Oh, and smoked salmon – that is good too!
This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there. Continue reading
This is such a great recipe for the fall (or maybe you call it autumn, depending where you’re from) and the juicy chicken, sweet pumpkin, comforting rice, and other tasty flavors in here combine beautifully to make this gorgeous chicken pumpkin risotto.
To make a flavor-packed risotto, stick to delicate, fragrant flavors, and you will experience this timeless Italian dish the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
That Wonderful Risotto Texture
To get the texture of the chicken pumpkin risotto just right, use risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli perhaps) and keep adding the liquid in small amounts, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. The rice is done when it is al dente, which means it still has a little bite to it. You might not need to use all the hot stock.
We are going to be cooking the pumpkin and chicken first, then sauteeing the onion and garlic in olive oil. Next the rice goes into the mixture, and you can add the wine, then the chicken stock bit by bit, letting the rice soak up the liquid.
Finally the chicken and pumpkin go back into the chicken pumpkin risotto and you can stir in the parmesan. Use freshly grated parmesan, not that cheap powdery stuff (which isn’t actually parmesan at all).
- Best Bling iPad CasesTake a look at these gorgeous covers and make your tablet really sparkle! iPad cases come in lots of styles but choosing ones with bling means your tablet will look incredible and who doesn’t love bling iPad cases? Choose from lots of different sparkly covers to jazz up your tablet and everyone will be jealous of it. Even if you are not sure what style you like, take a peek at some of the different designs on offer and perhaps you will find something you adore. Choose from various colors, styles and types of bling for your bling iPad cases, or pick out the perfect sparkly cover or case as a gift for someone in your family or friends .....
- What to Eat with Type 2 DiabetesType 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes affecting around 90 – 95 % of the 26 million children and adults with the condition in United States. Hardly surprisingly, controlling the diet is a very important part of looking after yourself. This is why knowing what to eat with Type 2 diabetes is so important. Also known as non-insulin dependent diabetes, it is a chronic condition where the individuals have problems regulating the blood sugar in their body. Those who have high blood sugar are either unable to produce enough insulin or are not responsive to insulin. In recent years the incidence of diabetes has increased, perhaps partly .....
- Dairy Free Cantaloupe and Prawn StarterThis dairy free cantaloupe and prawn starter recipe is also nut free and soy free, as well as dairy free. The delicious prawn salad is served inside a cantaloupe melon, making this a very attractive starter recipe as well as a delicious one. You can either cut the cantaloupe melons into wedges and serve them with the salad or use this recipe as the centrepieces for a buffet table. This is a colorful and appetizing starter recipe. Cantaloupe and Prawn Starter: Tweaks You Can Make You don’t have to use the melon at all for this seafood starter recipe if you don’t want to and a bed of salad leaves is fine instead. Use baby spinach, .....
- What is Tofu Exactly?Tofu is an ingredient which is made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks. It is used in various East and Southeast Asian cuisines. Tofu can be fresh or processed, and its subtle flavor suits a variety of savory and sweet recipes. It is often marinated or seasoned before use. If you’re wondering what is tofu exactly, you might also be interested in its history. Tofu dates back nearly 2000 years to ancient China and during the Nara period its production technique was introduced into Korea and Japan. Tofu is low in calories, featuring a lot of protein but not much fat. It is also high in iron and .....
- Amethyst Engagement Rings | 10 of the Most BeautifulAmethyst is a beautiful stone and a great choice for an engagement ring. I’ve found 10 stunning amethyst engagement rings which you are free to drool over! Not everyone wants a classic diamond solitaire. Some women prefer something more unique, which resonates with their personality more than a classic diamond. If you find amethyst magical, mystical or just beautiful consider amethyst engagement ring ideas and see which style resonates with what you personally love. Amethyst is usually a purple color but you can also get a green variety which is even more unusual. You can pair amethyst with white, yellow or rose gold, or even silver or .....
- Cilantro Shrimp Wonton SoupSome people make wonton soup by dropping their filled wontons into their prepared stock and letting them simmer in there but others prefer to cook the wontons in water and then add them to the soup, so as not to make the soup cloudy. Since you are the cook and the one who is going to be eating the dish, it is totally up to you. You can prepare your cilantro shrimp wonton soup however you prefer. The first few times I made cilantro shrimp wonton soup I put the wontons directly in the soup mixture and let them cook in there, but then I experimented with cooking them in water and then lifting them into warmed serving bowls using a slotted spoon .....
- Mini Onion Quiches RecipeTry this mini onion quiches recipe if you want a fresh and delicious flavor in every bite. The tasty little treats make a wonderful vegetarian starter recipe. The cheese and onion mixture is a melt in the mouth filling and the pastry comes out crisp and tasty. These individual onion quiches look great and taste even better. If you like quiche asparagus might be a flavor you’d like to try. Cheese and ham quiche is another classic dish. Feel free to adjust the ingredients in this quiche recipe if you want, to make your preferred quiche flavor. The sky is the limit when working on your own dishes, rather than having to settle for the .....
- New Pasta Recipes to TryThere is so much you can do with pasta, and also so many kinds to choose from. White or whole wheat pasta, penne, spaghetti, pasta twists, linguine… the list goes on. You can make hot recipes such as baked pasta dishes, or chilled ones like a salad. You can serve it as an entree or side dish, and there are many new pasta recipes to try. Pasta is economical and filling, and there are plenty of wonderful Italian recipes using it. Try the big noodles to make lasagna, long pasta like linguine or spaghetti to serve with a meaty sauce, or pasta shapes to make pasta salad or to cling to a thick sauce. Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes If you want .....
- Best Toaster Oven Under $30Buy the best toaster oven for less than $30 and be assured it will be perfect quality. Perhaps you have read some reviews of toaster ovens or maybe you are just thinking about adding one to your kitchen. Non stick cookware toasters review articles are essential to provide you with the information you need to decide if this toaster will suit your needs and budget. Toaster ovens are cheaper to run than large ones, so you can save money if you are just cooking or reheating a small amount of food. They will not overheat your kitchen the way large ovens can either, which is another benefit of the best toaster oven......
- Quick and Easy Banana PancakesWhether you are looking for a tasty breakfast recipe, a quick snack or even a sweet treat when you get peckish in the evening, this easy banana pancakes recipe is ideal. You can combine the ingredients in a couple of minutes, then cook the pancakes in a skillet on the stove for a few minutes. Serve them just as they are, drizzled with some syrup or perhaps will chopped fruit or berries as a filling. You can also tweak our recipe, perhaps adding some cinnamon or nutmeg or even a little brown sugar. The sweetness of the banana means you don’t really need to add any sugar to the pancake batter, especially if you are going to serve it with .....