These baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat.
A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings
The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish. Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked chicken wings will be very similar.
This baked chicken wings recipe can be doubled or tripled easily enough if you want to feed a crowd rather than just make a snack or meal for a couple of people. The chicken wings refrigerate well and they even stay crispy so you can enjoy them cold the next day with a salad perhaps, or take some to work with you.
Easy and Sure to Be Popular
This easy baked chicken wings recipe is one you will find yourself making often because the chicken is so flavorful and it comes out moist and juicy. Also, this is a good recipe if you are watching your figure because it’s healthier than fried chicken.
This is very typical food in Thailand, and you can find Thai fried rice with shrimp (or chicken or another protein) served everywhere from a food stand on the street corner to a fine Thai food restaurant. There are different ways to make Thai fried rice with shrimp and you can usually specify which meat you want to have in there. When making Thai fried rice, you can use up any meats or seafood and veggies left in the refrigerator so if you have leftovers it is a great way to use them up.
More about Thai Fried Rice with Shrimp
Unlike Chinese fried rice and some other kinds, Thai fried rice comes with a wedge of lime on the side along with prik nam pla, which is chilies and fish sauce combined together. Use the following recipe as a starting point, adjusting the ingredients to match what you happen to have available.
It is always best to use day-old cooked rice to make your Thai fried rice with shrimp, because freshly cooked rice is too moist and will steam instead of fry. If that isn’t possible though, just ensure your rice has time to cool down because this will dry it out quite well.
If you want to make your own prik nam pla (fish and chili sauce) to serve with this (and you really should, for an authentic Thai rice flavor!) then you should put 3 tablespoons of fish sauce in a bowl and add 4 sliced Thai chilies. Squeeze in the juice of half a lime if you like, although the lime is optional.
Some More Hot Content For You
Mapo tofu, which is sometimes written mapo doufu, is a delicious Chinese recipe from the Sichuan province in China. It is comprised of tofu in a reddish, spicy bean and chili based sauce. The tofu is usually cooked with ground meat, either beef or pork, along with fermented beans. There are variations of course, and everyone has their own way of making it. Discover how to make mapo tofu and you will fall in love with this dish!
Why is Mapo Tofu Called That?
So how did mapo tofu get its name? Well the ‘ma’ refers to ‘mazi’ which is pockmarks, and the ‘pa’ refers to ‘popo’ meaning old woman or grandmother. So interestingly mapo tofu means pockmarked grandmother or, better, pockmarked grandmother’s beancurd. This presumably refers to the old lady who first invented the dish. Learning how to make mapo tofu means you can relay this interesting history at the dinner table.
The Flavors of Mapo Tofu
This recipe is traditionally fiery, as many Sichuan dishes are, and this dish in particular is described using 7 Chinese adjectives, namely numbing, hot temperatures, spicy hot, fresh, soft and tender, flake, and aromatic.
The most important ingredients are the beancurd (tofu), salty bean paste or chili broad bean paste, fermented black beans, chili oil, garlic, green onions, rice wine, Sichuan peppercorns, and chili flakes. There might also be some starch to thicken up the sauce and often some kind of ground meat.
Indian is one of my favorite cuisines and I just love the food. I have traveled around India and tasted the dishes how they are supposed to be made, because westernized Indian food really isn’t the same at all. I like to make simple Indian recipes for beginners because I just love the flavors but don’t have all day to cook.
Indian food features all kinds of proteins from pork to chicken, fish, seafood, lamb and eggs, although beef isn’t used much in India, not at all in most places, because the cow is seen as holy in India.
Indian curries are cooked over an open flame traditionally, and include plenty of aromatic spices as well as some kind of oil or fat. Boiled or fried rice is a traditional accompaniment, along with flatbreads such as naan, chapatti or roti, breads which are made from flour or wheat dough and served warm with the main dish.
A salad with tomatoes, onion, cucumber and lemon makes a refreshing side dish and helps cut through the spice in the curry, so a lot of simple Indian recipes include it. Yogurt is also a popular condiment, contrasting with the heat of your entrée. Combine yogurt with grated cucumber, onions, cilantro and a pinch of chili powder to make a raita, similar to Greek tzatziki.
This Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe.
The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate.
You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad.
There are thousands of potato recipes, and many ways to prepare roast potatoes, including this spicy roast potatoes recipe. One of the nicest things to do with them is spice them up before roasting, and then you will be able to enjoy the aromatic spices and the potatoes too with their crispy outsides and fluffy hot insides.
The following spicy roast potatoes recipe is very simple to make. You will need floury potatoes like King Edward, Yukon Gold, Charlotte, Maris Piper, or Duke of York.
Floury varieties are better for mashing, fry-making or roasting, while non-floury potatoes suit boiling better.
If you try to boil a floury potato it is likely to disintegrate, but the dry, fluffy texture of floury potatoes make them idea for roasting when you want the outside to crisp up to golden brown perfection and the inside to be perfectly fluffy.
- Lebanese Cucumber Soup RecipeThis Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is a chilled soup. These soups are popular in the Middle East and you will find chilled soups very refreshing if you’re not used to them. Adding fresh mint helps with the cooling effect. Live, natural yogurt is a great ingredient because it’s very good for the digestion. Have you tried chilled soup before? The first chilled soup I ever tried was gazpacho, that tomato and vegetable soup from Spain which is always tasty and refreshing. I have also tried chilled watermelon soup and a strawberry soup too one time in a restaurant. This Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is different though because it is .....
- Cream Cheese Wontons with CrabCrab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds. Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried. What Kind of Crabmeat to Use Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can .....
- Hot and Creamy Crab DipThis hot and creamy crab dip recipe is lovely if you want something hot, creamy and with seafood in it. The crab is blended with cream cheese, Parmesan, hot sauce and more, for a hot and delicious dip. The dip is not too firm or too runny, so you can use it for chips, crudites or anything else. Chips should not snap off when you dip them in because, well, that’s just annoying! Hot and Creamy Crab Dip: Serve It Nice and Hot Because this is a hot dip, you will need to serve it immediately. Feel free to make it in advance though and pop it in the oven when your guests start to arrive. It will smell good while it heats up in the oven and .....
- Delicious Curried Deviled EggsDeviled eggs make a nice dish before any main course or you can serve them at a buffet or party. Curried deviled eggs are especially nice and the curry flavor goes really well with the egg taste. You can add a bit of sweet relish or minced sun-dried tomatoes too if you want to. You might also want to add a couple of drops of Tabasco sauce or a bit of Dijon mustard to spice this deviled eggs recipe up. If you prefer plain deviled eggs, just leave out the curry powder and green onions. Most people will prefer the eggs slightly curried though. More Tips for Curried Deviled Eggs If you don’t have a piping bag to pipe the egg yolk filling .....
- Ground Beef Wontons with Green OnionThese delicious ground beef wontons with green onion contain ground beef and green onions of course, along with soy sauce and more. You can either steam or simmer them, and you can even freeze them and cook them from frozen whenever you have a wonton craving! If you are wondering just how versatile wontons are the answer is… very! They can be steamed, boiled, baked or deep fried, and they can be filled with all kinds of wonderful fillings. Pork and shrimp make a typical filling, while other wonton recipes like Crab Rangoon wontons are also popular. Then there are beef recipes such as this one, and beef is both filling and rich-tasting, .....
- Spicy Veal Crackslaw with MushroomsI spotted some ground veal in the grocery store last week and, since I had never tried it before, decided to use it to make veal crackslaw. I am always looking for new ideas. Crackslaw is always good but I can get bored with beef at times. You can use any kind of ground meat to make crackslaw and I like veal escalope, so I thought why not see how ground veal works out? I combined the veal with mushrooms and other veggies, as well as all the Asian seasonings crackslaw is famed for, and the results were impressive. I really liked it! As well as the veal, I used a package of sliced veggies including mushrooms and leeks, to make this veal .....
- Discovering the Latest Modern Bathroom TrendsModern bathroom trends can suit every style, taste and budget, regardless of where you are in the world. More people than ever before are investing time and money into their bathrooms, and you will be amazed at the huge array of different trends available. There are several different ways that you can improve the look and feel of your bathroom with modern bathroom trends including a variety of different accessories and fittings. Creating the Perfect Environment You need to consider the overall feel that you want to achieve in your bathroom, and decide on your budget before you go shopping. Some of the latest modern trends are expensive so .....
- Asian Meatballs with Sweet Chili SauceThis is a wonderful recipe and it is also low in carbs. I love this Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce recipe because I never get tired of the taste. I used to own the site Crackslaw.com where you could find out how to make all kinds of crack slaw recipes, something else that offers a wonderful Asian flavor. I’ve since moved them all on to this blog, so look at our low carb category and you will find plenty more ideas. Anyway, back to the Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce. I had some ground beef to use up and some other bits and pieces and I asked my sister for inspiration and she came up with the idea to make these delicious .....
- 7 Ways to Cook Salmon FiletsThere are plenty of ways to cook salmon filets, which is good news if you love this tasty, healthy fish. Salmon is one of the most popular choices when it comes to fish, along with tuna and cod. These 3 fish are often known as ‘the big 3’ because they are so popular. Salmon has a distinctive flavor which pairs well with just about any cuisine, whether you are adding teriyaki and sesame seeds, hoisin or soy sauce for an Asian feel, lemon and parsley along with white wine for a Western European dish, or even barbecue sauce, avocado and tortillas for a Tex-Mex feast. So what are some of the ways to cook salmon filets? Well salmon can be baked, .....
- Greek Yogurt Avocado DipDips are always fun to make, especially if you have a food processor and can whip them up in seconds! Although sometimes a hot dip is good, such as this hot and creamy crab dip or even our tasty artichoke dip, cool and creamy dips are also good. Try our Greek yogurt avocado dip if you like cool, creamy dips for your chips or crudites. When I made this particular recipe I enjoyed it with Doritos, but you could serve this with crackers, vegetable crudites, melba toast, baguette bread slices, corn chips, potato chips, or anything else you want to dip in there. I made this in literally 3 minutes and the flavor was amazing. I wasn’t .....