Most people love to cozy up and relax during the colder months. There’s something about the winter weather that brings people together and gathering around some hearty and easy winter appetizer ideas is a great way to spend that time with friends and family.
In the winter, it’s best to serve warm foods, but don’t let that overwhelm you. There are plenty of ways to present a great spread without slaving away in the kitchen for hours. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy the winter appetizer ideas were to prepare!
One simple strategy for an appetizer sure to impress is to do fondue. Fondue can be easily customized to your party’s theme or guests’ needs and the communal nature of the dish works well in group settings. A popular type of fondue is cheese fondue. You can mix a variety of herbs and spices in with the cheeses to give unique flavors and serve pieces of bread, meats, and vegetables for dipping.
One of the things that brings people together is the enjoyment of food. There are few things better than gathering around a table on a summer evening to snack and relax with friends. And there are easy summer appetizer ideas for all palates and occasions, so you won’t be stuck for choice.
What makes appetizers so appealing when compared to full meals? Appetizers are usually bite size, making them easy to eat while socializing, and a table full of different options is far more exciting than committing to just one meal or flavor.
Many summer appetizer ideas are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare. Cold appetizers are especially effortless since they can look artfully done with just some chopping, arranging, and intentionally placed fresh herbs. Even some cooked appetizers are of the set-it-and-forget-it variety. Throw some ingredients in the slow cooker and wait awhile or skewer a couple different meat and vegetable combinations for colorful kabobs that can go from barbeque to plate in a snap.
Some More Hot Content For You
Having a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups.
A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of the ingredients that go into it.
Artichoke Dip Recipe: Lusciously Creamy
Just like with any other artichoke dip, the appeal of this one lies mostly in its creaminess. A mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream means you get plenty of creamy appeal, while the parmesan cheese and lemon elevate the flavor even more. This is a really delicious recipe to make and once you have made it once you are sure to want to make it again. You can throw this together in 10 minutes and it only needs about 20 minutes in the oven to make it nice and hot. Continue reading
This lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish.
The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander.
The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will have nowhere near such a fantastic taste! Here is a recipe for Western fish cakes if you want a simpler style. Continue reading
This delightful fish mousse starter recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to start your dinner off in style. If you want to learn how to make fish mousse, this is a great recipe to use because the mousse tastes fresh and flavorful, without being too strong. Serve it with crackers or bread.
A Great Starter Idea
Fish mousse goes nicely before any main course. This fish mousse starter recipe is made with smoked salmon but you can use any kind of fish – perhaps tuna, trout or something else.
This is a very basic recipe and it combines fish, cream, gelatin to make it set, a bit of dill and some lemon, so you can be creative. Continue reading
If you are looking for an easy tuna fishcake recipe, this one is simple to make and very tasty. The sweet potatoes add a Caribbean flavor and the canned tuna works very well in this fishcake recipe. For fish cakes tuna is always a good choice because it is tasty. Canned tuna is better than fresh tuna for fish cake recipes because it is more moist.
Fresh or Canned Fish for a Tuna Fishcake Recipe?
Salmon is often used to make fishcakes, both the fresh kind and the canned kind, but tuna is also popular. When making fishcakes it is usually better to use either leftover cooked fish (if it needs to be used up) or canned fish. Save the fresh filets for other recipes because fishcakes have other ingredients in them and canned fish is just as good in there. Continue reading
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- New Year’s Eve DumplingsIt is traditional for Northern Chinese families to spend New Year’s Eve making batches of jiaozi dumplings. They start to eat the dumplings after midnight and one lucky member of the family might find a coin inside their dumpling. This is similar to the British traditional of hiding a coin in the Christmas pudding. Yes, New Year’s Eve dumplings are really popular in China and a big part of the celebrations. New Year’s Eve Dumplings: Dumpling Soup Tips Wonton soup, or dumpling soup, dates back as far as the 7th century in China. These Chinese introduced these stuffed dumplings to Japan and actually the Japanese word .....
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts with TomatoesThis easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes dish is a wonderful recipe for busy weeknights. All you need to do is add the chicken with the other ingredients to an ovenproof dish and then bake it until the chicken is cooked through. Yes it really is that easy to make this wonderful easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes meal! Recipes like this appeal to the whole family from the smallest to the most senior, and you can either make the recipe as it is written, or take a look in your refrigerator and see which vegetables you have which can be used up. Serve the finished baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes, with broccoli and .....
- Electric Cookware for the KitchenTechnology has become a huge part of everyday life, and every area of your home will have some form of electrical item to make life easier. The kitchen is no exception, and there are many different electrical cookware items which will enhance your cooking experience. Perhaps you already have all the electric cookware for the kitchen, or it could be you are considering some new purchases. One thing is for sure, and that means you won’t be short of choice, because there are so many wonderful items to choose from. Alongside the traditional pots and pans, you are likely to see many new high tech cookware items. From electric griddles and .....
- Chicken Fajitas RecipeHere in this excellent chicken fajitas recipe, we are pairing spiced chicken with delicious veggies, soft tortillas and whichever condiments you want to add. It makes a lovely dinner for any occasion. Although a lot of people assume fajitas are Mexican they are actually Tex-Mex. The word ‘fajita’ refers to barbequed meat which is served on a tortilla. Onions and bell peppers usually feature in these recipes, along with lettuce, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, tomato, and/or guacamole. Skirt steak is the original meat used to make a chicken fajitas recipe, and this tough cut of beef which is amazing when slow cooked has soared .....
- How to Steam ChickenAfter you have discovered just how delicious your steamed ground beef wontons are, you might like to try steaming something else. Learn how to steam chicken and discover a brand new way of making it. After all, your steamer is a very handy piece of apparatus. So how about steaming a chicken? This is very healthy since you don’t need to add fat, and the water (the steam) keeps the meat moist and juicy. Cook small birds, like the Cornish hen, whole or larger ones in pieces, maybe just the breast or even quarters if you have a larger steamer. If you do not have an electric steamer, you can use a bamboo steamer or metal rack above a pan of .....
- How to Make a White Wine Pasta SauceAlthough pasta goes great with all kinds of sauces, the gentle aromatic appeal of a white wine pasta sauce is something incredibly special. White wine pasta sauce is so easy to make and other ingredients which go well with the wine include garlic, butter and parsley. A lot of these white wine pasta sauce recipes might include olive oil instead of the butter, or alongside it, and you can make such a sauce even if you don’t really drink white wine, since you are just using it for a rich flavor and typically only need a splash. When making a white wine pasta sauce, it is important to use a white wine you would drink, not something labeled .....
- Benefits of Tai ChiWhen most people think of exercise, they think of strenuous activity. Sweating it out at the gym while trying to figure out the weight machines or pounding the pavement outside isn’t the only way to exercise, though. Some exercise can be relaxing and Tai Chi is one of those. Tai Chi is not only an exercise for the body, but only for the mind. There are benefits of Tai Chi most other exercises won’t give you......
- Middle Eastern Shakshuka RecipeShakshuka is a Middle Eastern tomato, bell pepper and egg dish. Sometimes it is spelt shakshouka. This Middle Eastern shakshuka recipe actually originated in Northern Africa and there are many different variations on the basic theme. The feta cheese is not a traditional ingredient, for example, but I love to add it because the creamy tang goes so well with the dish. Leave it out if you prefer though. How to Serve a Middle Eastern Shakshuka Recipe It is often served for breakfast in Israel with challah or pita on the side. The dish is also good for brunch or lunch. I like it with pita bread, homemade hummus and other Middle .....
- Chicken Yakitori RecipeChicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking. A Traditional Japanese Flavor The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in .....