Most people love to cozy up and relax during the colder months. There’s something about the winter weather that brings people together and gathering around some hearty and easy winter appetizer ideas is a great way to spend that time with friends and family.
In the winter, it’s best to serve warm foods, but don’t let that overwhelm you. There are plenty of ways to present a great spread without slaving away in the kitchen for hours. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy the winter appetizer ideas were to prepare!
One simple strategy for an appetizer sure to impress is to do fondue. Fondue can be easily customized to your party’s theme or guests’ needs and the communal nature of the dish works well in group settings. A popular type of fondue is cheese fondue. You can mix a variety of herbs and spices in with the cheeses to give unique flavors and serve pieces of bread, meats, and vegetables for dipping.
One of the things that brings people together is the enjoyment of food. There are few things better than gathering around a table on a summer evening to snack and relax with friends. And there are easy summer appetizer ideas for all palates and occasions, so you won’t be stuck for choice.
What makes appetizers so appealing when compared to full meals? Appetizers are usually bite size, making them easy to eat while socializing, and a table full of different options is far more exciting than committing to just one meal or flavor.
Many summer appetizer ideas are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare. Cold appetizers are especially effortless since they can look artfully done with just some chopping, arranging, and intentionally placed fresh herbs. Even some cooked appetizers are of the set-it-and-forget-it variety. Throw some ingredients in the slow cooker and wait awhile or skewer a couple different meat and vegetable combinations for colorful kabobs that can go from barbeque to plate in a snap.
Some More Hot Content For You
Having a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups.
A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of the ingredients that go into it.
Artichoke Dip Recipe: Lusciously Creamy
Just like with any other artichoke dip, the appeal of this one lies mostly in its creaminess. A mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream means you get plenty of creamy appeal, while the parmesan cheese and lemon elevate the flavor even more. This is a really delicious recipe to make and once you have made it once you are sure to want to make it again. You can throw this together in 10 minutes and it only needs about 20 minutes in the oven to make it nice and hot. Continue reading
This lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish.
The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander.
The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will have nowhere near such a fantastic taste! Here is a recipe for Western fish cakes if you want a simpler style. Continue reading
This delightful fish mousse starter recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to start your dinner off in style. If you want to learn how to make fish mousse, this is a great recipe to use because the mousse tastes fresh and flavorful, without being too strong. Serve it with crackers or bread.
A Great Starter Idea
Fish mousse goes nicely before any main course. This fish mousse starter recipe is made with smoked salmon but you can use any kind of fish – perhaps tuna, trout or something else.
This is a very basic recipe and it combines fish, cream, gelatin to make it set, a bit of dill and some lemon, so you can be creative. Continue reading
If you are looking for an easy tuna fishcake recipe, this one is simple to make and very tasty. The sweet potatoes add a Caribbean flavor and the canned tuna works very well in this fishcake recipe. For fish cakes tuna is always a good choice because it is tasty. Canned tuna is better than fresh tuna for fish cake recipes because it is more moist.
Fresh or Canned Fish for a Tuna Fishcake Recipe?
Salmon is often used to make fishcakes, both the fresh kind and the canned kind, but tuna is also popular. When making fishcakes it is usually better to use either leftover cooked fish (if it needs to be used up) or canned fish. Save the fresh filets for other recipes because fishcakes have other ingredients in them and canned fish is just as good in there. Continue reading
- iPhone Airbags – Fact or Fallacy?Have you heard about these useful little things which attach to the cell and open out in the case of a fall? Although iPhone airbags are still a concept rather than a reality, if these can be concealed and not add bulk to the handset this could well become a reality soon. One drop on a hard floor can crack your screen or break it altogether, so this concept might not be as far-out as it sounds when you consider it like that. Now are iPhone airbags making a little more sense? This continues to be one of the most popular cells on the market, and with the latest apps and accessories, it is no surprise that it remains one of the market leaders. .....
- Fish Mousse Starter RecipeThis delightful fish mousse starter recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to start your dinner off in style. If you want to learn how to make fish mousse, this is a great recipe to use because the mousse tastes fresh and flavorful, without being too strong. Serve it with crackers or bread. A Great Starter Idea Fish mousse goes nicely before any main course. This fish mousse starter recipe is made with smoked salmon but you can use any kind of fish – perhaps tuna, trout or something else. This is a very basic recipe and it combines fish, cream, gelatin to make it set, a bit of dill and some lemon, so you can be creative......
- Hot Herring Starter Recipe with Mustard SauceMustard and white wine sauce goes beautifully with many types of fish and herring is no exception. The following hot herring starter recipe combines potatoes, herring, onion and mustard sauce for a full flavored starter recipe. The herring is flavored with lemon juice and grilled, the potatoes are boiled and the onion is served raw, to make a crunchy and piquant garnish. How to Serve this Hot Herring Starter This fish appetizer is suitable for a buffet table or a dinner party. Just serve it with a big serving spoon and let people help themselves. You can serve extra mustard sauce on the side if you like, as well as underneath the potato .....
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- Chinese Chicken SaladChinese chicken salad is a tasty, nutritious option and it makes a wonderful lunch. Perhaps you usually have ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or Italian dressing over mixed leaves and you are getting tired of it. Or it could be you are simply looking for new lunch inspiration. Whichever is the case, this Chinese chicken salad is very simple to prepare and the flavors work wonderfully together. What is Chinese Chicken Salad? You can use a julienne peeler to cut the vegetables into matchstick shapes, or if you don’t have one cut them by hand. We are using romaine and baby leaves in this dish too, along with grilled chicken, edamame .....
- Cream Cheese Wontons with CrabCrab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds. Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried. What Kind of Crabmeat to Use Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can .....
- Yeast Infection Diet AdviceYeast infections can manifest in several different areas of your body, and can affect anyone regardless of age or gender. This form of infection is most commonly found in women and will affect the vaginal area. One of the most natural ways to fight this off is following the yeast infection diet. There are several different reasons for the yeast infection to surface, including a poor diet, stress, unhygienic behavior or using antibiotics. Understanding Fungus and Why It is in Your Body Before explaining more about the yeast infection diet, let’s look at this disease in more detail. A yeast infection will occur when the level of natural .....
- Easy Cheese Stuffed Squid in Tomato SauceThis squid is stuffed with an aromatic garlic, ricotta and Parmesan mixture, and then slowly braised in a delicious tomato sauce. Choose cheese stuffed squid in tomato sauce if you want to impress. This is a classic stuffed calamari recipe and the flavor is so good. Squid has to be cooked very fast or very slow, and in this recipe it is slowly cooked for about half an hour and then you should be able to slide a sharp knife through the squid easily. When you can do this, it is ready to serve. The nicest way to stuff squid is to slice it into equal sized pieces and arrange them on a plate, so you can see the filling. You could just serve the .....
- Spinach Potato Knishes – Jewish Comfort FoodI first tried spinach potato knishes (pronounced kuh-NISH-es) at Kenny and Ziggy’s in Houston TX, and wow was this some spectacular comfort food. I’m British so I am used to Cornish pasties (a tasty pastry-enclosed meat and potato recipe from the southwest corner of England) and I also enjoy pastry-wrapped or pastry-enclosed vegetable recipes for lunch or as snacks. What are knishes, I asked myself, perusing the menu. Google to the rescue and I read the description. My mouth began to water and I thought wow I have to order these! So, now you’re asking what are knishes exactly? Well this tasty Jewish recipe is a savory pie. .....
- Electric Cookware for the KitchenTechnology has become a huge part of everyday life, and every area of your home will have some form of electrical item to make life easier. The kitchen is no exception, and there are many different electrical cookware items which will enhance your cooking experience. Perhaps you already have all the electric cookware for the kitchen, or it could be you are considering some new purchases. One thing is for sure, and that means you won’t be short of choice, because there are so many wonderful items to choose from. Alongside the traditional pots and pans, you are likely to see many new high tech cookware items. From electric griddles and .....