Although there are lots of types of sparkling white wine to choose from (cava, prosecco etc) it is fair to say nothing is the same as champagne. This sparkling white wine is made from chardonnay grapes in the Champagne region in France and is produced in a specific way. It is worth knowing how to enjoy champagne since its fullest so you can treasure every sip of this exquisite drink.
The rules of champagne making demand secondary fermentation of the champagne wine in the bottle to create the carbonation. The main grapes used to make it are white chardonnay, pinot meunier and black pinot noir, although these vary. A ‘blanc de blancs’ champagne, for example, only contains the chardonnay grape.
This wonderful fizz has been associated with royalty since the 17th century and the leading champagne manufacturers tried hard to associate their product with royalty and nobility with their packaging and advertising, which also brought it into the hearts of the emerging middle class. Continue reading
Although pasta goes great with all kinds of sauces, the gentle aromatic appeal of a white wine pasta sauce is something incredibly special. White wine pasta sauce is so easy to make and other ingredients which go well with the wine include garlic, butter and parsley.
A lot of these white wine pasta sauce recipes might include olive oil instead of the butter, or alongside it, and you can make such a sauce even if you don’t really drink white wine, since you are just using it for a rich flavor and typically only need a splash.
When making a white wine pasta sauce, it is important to use a white wine you would drink, not something labeled ‘cooking wine’ or something you don’t like, the reason being this is one of the main flavors in the finished dish, so use good quality ingredients and the resulting white wine sauce for your pasta will have a nice taste and not disappoint you.
Although whole wheat pasta is popular these days because of its fiber content, I like to use white pasta, and I also feel it goes best with a light, aromatic pasta sauce because white pasta has a more neutral taste so the flavors in the sauce will be more evident.
Some More Hot Content For You
A lot of people dieting know how many calories are in food, or at least they have some idea and then find out the rest, so they can keep a record, but how about calories in wine because those count just as much. Wine drinkers might be surprised how many calories are in their favorite tipple. In fact, if you drink wine it’s vital to know. So, how many calories in wine exactly?
Although most wines are less than 100 calories a glass that is not always the case and of course it depends on the serving size. Wine is lower in calories than a lot of other alcoholic drinks, with Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel at less than 80 calories a serving.
One glass of wine per night is apparently good for the health of your heart, making that evening glass of red an encouraging, as well as healthy, choice. Knowing how many calories in wine can help you make good choices about drinking. Continue reading
It is hard to think of a party or festive gathering without wine being part of the proceedings, so you might be curious about the history of wine. It is even known as the ‘elixir of happiness’ which is why people sometimes think it was born right when man was, but of course it wasn’t. So who came up with the idea of fermenting fruit in the first place?
It might interest you to know the history of wine goes back to ancient Egypt, and that was 2500 BC. Wine might even have been used before that. According to the evidence found, wine goes back to the ancient civilizations in Egypt.
It is probable that early man discovered what fermentation did to fruits, and especially grapes because they are high in sugar and therefore idea for fermenting. Excavations have uncovered ancient fermenting pools and even wineries, which makes it clear wine has been around for a long time. Continue reading
A wine cooler for the home is something you might want to consider. Wine coolers are becoming popular additions as more people include wine with every social gathering. Even if you do not enjoy a daily tipple you can still store your bottles in a cooler until required, then you know it will be the perfect temperature to serve.
Not only is wine served for events and parties but as an everyday drink, which is enjoyed throughout the day. Storing the bottles can be a challenge, as you need to ensure that it is chilled correctly and the contents remain in perfect condition. This is why a wine cooler for the home could help.
If you do not store the wine correctly it can spoil quickly, which can cost you money and ruin your party. Therefore, choosing the right wine cooler for the home for your needs is essential, and will guarantee that you have a perfectly chilled bottle for every occasion. Continue reading
Mulled wine is a hot beverage which is popular during the chillier months. This red wine-based cocktail is really flavorful and you will be able to taste the spices and fruit which go into it. Once you know how to make mulled wine you will often want to prepare it for chilly fall and winter evenings.
Our recipe is made with apple cider or juice, red wine and other flavorings. It is actually tastier the day after you make it and even more so the following day if you have any left by then!
Mulled wine is nice served in clear mugs so you can see the lovely color, and you can decorate the glasses with some orange zest or orange slices.
How to Make Mulled Wine: Perfect Party Drink
If you are having a party anytime during fall or winter, this is such a nice recipe to make. You could even make it in the slow cooker and then have it on the ‘keep warm’ setting and let people serve themselves. The amounts are adjustable of course and you can make much more or much less depending how many guests you are expecting to have. Discover how to make mulled wine like a pro and enjoy all the wonderful flavors it has to offer. Continue reading
- Easy Pakora RecipeBefore we go into the details of our easy pakora recipe you might be wondering what is pakora exactly. That is a very good question! Pakoras are made by combining grated or finely chopped vegetables (and perhaps other ingredients) with Indian spices, then cooking the results in little balls until crispy, either frying or baking them. Hot and Typically Indian This crispy Indian snack is best served hot. There are different types of pakora, and you can use meat to make it or even keep it vegetarian. These treats may be served alongside other Indian favorites, such as a chicken curry and rice, or you can enjoy them as an appetizer. Some people .....
- 100 Calorie Vegetable SoupI love making this 100 calorie vegetable soup but I am quite lazy sometimes! Even though I will go to the trouble of roasting pumpkin to make pumpkin soup or caramelizing onion for French onion soup, other times I like to toss the ingredients into a pot. Then I forget about it for an hour, then puree the results, and actually that’s how you end up with a really good vegetable soup recipe sometimes! If you’re new to making soup (or looking for some vegetable soup ideas) read on for a very easy recipe for 100 calorie vegetable soup. I’d like to share my 100 calorie vegetable soup recipe with you because I’ve made it a .....
- Top Benefits of YogaYoga is something that people overlook when talking about exercise. I mean how can it not be – it’s something that people only do for fun, right? Wrong, yoga is amazing in the benefits that it produces and the effect it has on people’s lives. There are benefits of yoga a lot of people don’t realize. You may see people bending and twisting their bodies in weird ways when you think about advanced yoga or even yoga for beginners, but in fact it’s something completely different. Yes, it does include stretching and it should be done when starting yoga. Although, if you’ve been doing yoga for a few years now, .....
- Authentic Egg Fried Rice without Soy SauceEgg fried rice without soy sauce is a dish lots of people want to make but since soy sauce is one of the key ingredients it can be puzzling working out how to get around that. Fried rice is one of the best-known Chinese dishes, but the authentic recipe is quite different to what you might be used to. For example, have you tried making egg fried rice without soy sauce? That is how it is made in China, well in many parts of the country, and the more authentic option in many cases. Egg Fried Rice without Soy Sauce: Such a Tempting Dish to Make Egg fried rice is the dish to make when you want to use leftovers to rustle up something quick and .....
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Chorizo Stuffed SquidThis chorizo stuffed squid recipe really is good. The baby squid are stuffed with chorizo to make this Spanish inspired chorizo stuffed squid meal. The end result is simply amazing. Whether or not you have cooked squid before, you are sure to find this a relatively easy recipe to follow and get right. Chorizo Stuffed Squid: Hmm, Fish and Meat Together? Although using chorizo and squid in the same recipe sounds odd, it really is good and the chorizo adds a beautiful salty finish to the seafood. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped fish or prosciutto-wrapped shrimp? Seriously, pork and fish do go together really well. I wasn’t convinced but .....
- The Atlantic Rally for CruisersThe Atlantic Rally for Cruisers is incredible and attracts thousands of spectators every year as it leaves Las Palmas in Gran Canaria for Rodney Bay, Santa Lucia. Every year since 1986, this amazing transatlantic rally has set sail and crossed the 2700 nautical miles of Atlantic Ocean. The event begins in November and attracts over 200 yachts from all over the world. The ARC, as the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has been named, is considered to be the most successful sailing event in the world and attracts amateurs as well as professionals from over 20 different countries. For many keen sailors this opportunity is a once in a lifetime dream. .....
- Cheese Baked OmeletThere are lots of egg recipes to choose from if you want to enjoy eggs for breakfast, and this delicious, filling ingredient can be prepared in various ways. This cheese baked omelet is just one of your options. Boiled, scrambled or fried eggs are always good, or you can make an omelet, either conventionally on the stove, or, if your stove is crowded with other breakfast delights such as bacon, sausage and mushrooms being fried, you can make an omelet in the oven. Keep things easy using just eggs, milk or cream and a little onion to give the omelet some crunch. You can also add extra vegetables like bell pepper, mushrooms or even some .....
- Healthy Easy Spiralizer Recipes and IdeasA spiralizer isn’t the most commonly talked about kitchen gadget, but it’s definitely one that has been gaining popularity recently. If you haven’t heard of this interesting invention before a spiralizer is basically a neat, time saving tool that turns vegetables into thin, noodle like strips to use in a bunch of different dishes. There are plenty of easy spiralizer recipes to have a go at too. If you have ever tried to thinly slice a zucchini using a julienne peeler, or worse – a knife – and given up halfway through because it was taking too long then the spiralizer will be your new culinary sidekick. The way a spiralizer works .....
- Easy Tofu PhoPho is a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup made with rice noodles, broth, meat, seafood or a vegetarian alternative, and herbs. Beef and chicken are the most popular flavors but you can make a great vegetarian pho with tofu. This easy tofu pho is just gorgeous and you’ll love the flavors. This is a well-loved street food in Vietnam, and the Southern Vietnamese enjoy it for breakfast or lunch, while those in the north of the country have it at any time of the day or evening. History of Pho Soup This dish dates back to the early 1900s and refugees introduced it to the rest of the world after the Vietnam War. There is no proof of the .....