These chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead.
This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner.
You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these potstickers include cabbage and green onions, along with ginger, sesame oil and garlic for flavor. First you make the filling for these chicken potstickers and then you will be dividing the filling between the gyoza or wonton wrappers to make the potstickers. They are then fried and then steamed, to give them the golden brown crust on the bottom and soft finish on top, the qualities they are famed for.
Wontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become.
Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork
Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or supper. Yes wontons really are that versatile and you can choose whether you want them for an appetizer or the main dish, choosing whether you make a few crispy ones to kick off your dinner in style, adding an oriental accent to the meal, or prepare a homemade wonton soup full of delicious homemade wontons.
Another possibility is potstickers, those soft wontons with a crispy side that are made in a pan. Any of these would make a wonderful appetizer or entree. Nothing beats wontons sometimes, and there are easy wonton recipes with pork for every palate.
Some More Hot Content For You
So you have made beef wontons, cheese wontons, seafood wontons, dessert wontons, several types of wonton soup and dumplings. Now what? There are plenty more ideas for wontons that you can consider. How about a filling of minced caramelized walnuts with toasted sesame seeds, or jelly and peanut butter? Those would be quirky yet delicious creative wonton ideas which would work beautifully.
Fresh cottage cheese with smoked paprika would work, as would an Indian style wonton made with potatoes, peas, biryani spices, ginger and cumin. Dip these spicy wontons in a cool yogurt sauce.
Chinese sausage meat could work, or make buffalo chicken purses with chicken, cream cheese, onion, hot sauce and bacon. Collard greens with vinegar and chopped pork loin wontons would be mouthwatering with a mustard dipping sauce, or you could try sautéed shiitake mushrooms with some garlic and cream. How are these creative wonton ideas sounding so far? Continue reading
This tempting deep-fried chicken dim sum recipe serves a crowd, and you can double it too. It is easy to make if you are methodical, mixing the filling together, then distributing it between the wrappers and working in batches. The crunchy hot chicken treats can be served alone or with your favorite sauce.
Why We Love Deep-Fried Chicken Dim Sum, Actually ALL Dim Sum!
Known as dim sum in Chinese, appetizers in the Western world, or tapas in Spain, small snacks will always have a place in our hearts and on our tables. They can precede a main dish or just be served as a snack. Dim sum, or Chinese appetizers, are versatile, tasty and just so yummy.
The following recipe takes you through the process of making crispy wontons and you can serve these just as they are or perhaps offer some other Chinese dim sum alongside them, like mini egg rolls or other small bites. Prepare to fall in love with deep-fried chicken dim sum. Continue reading
Although you might have enjoyed wontons at a Chinese restaurant or from a takeout, there is nothing quite like the flavor of homemade wontons. Easy wonton recipes are great and there’s nothing quite like them! Yes, they have a beautiful fresh flavor and of course you can decide what type of wontons you wish to prepare. Homemade wontons are wonderfully unique because you can experiment with the fillings and flavorings, perhaps making spicy wontons with a cooling dipping sauce, mild-flavored wontons with a spicy dipping sauce, or even traditional wonton soup or healthy baked wontons.
It is totally up to you how to make them, and you can make the most amazing wonton recipes with ease. There is nothing hard about making your own wontons and once you realize how easy wonton recipes are, you will want to experiment with different kinds.
Easy Wonton Recipes: Nothing Quite Like Them!
Wontons are the quintessential crunchy Asian snack and nothing else comes close. Whether you are serving plain fried wonton skins or stuffed wontons, crispy wontons which are still hot from the fryer make an amazing snack. There is also nothing quite like wontons if you are making an Asian soup recipe, and finding soft, succulent wontons floating in your fragrant soup means a meal you will not forget in a hurry. Continue reading
Everyone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time.
Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with square wrappers and dumplings are made with round ones. Wonton wrappers are also thinner than dumpling wrappers.
There were numerous wonton restaurants in cities during the Tang and Song dynasties, and they were filled with a delicate stuffing and boiled in soup. It was traditional in some regions to eat wontons on the midwinter day, and this is an important fact in the history of wontons. Continue reading
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- Buffalo CrackslawThis is a video for you to watch and wow, this buffalo crackslaw recipe looks so good! The chef uses the main crackslaw recipe, but watching him cook is a sheer delight. If you want to make something different, consider this recipe and you will find it easy to stick to your low carb diet and not feel deprived whatsoever. Mmm, you can almost smell this through your monitor. If you are new to making this dish then watching someone else cook it first is always handy. There is nothing difficult about making buffalo slaw but you might be curious about preparing the ingredients, cooking the mixture in the pan, or even what the dish should be .....
- How Many Calories in WineA lot of people dieting know how many calories are in food, or at least they have some idea and then find out the rest, so they can keep a record, but how about calories in wine because those count just as much. Wine drinkers might be surprised how many calories are in their favorite tipple. In fact, if you drink wine it’s vital to know. So, how many calories in wine exactly? Although most wines are less than 100 calories a glass that is not always the case and of course it depends on the serving size. Wine is lower in calories than a lot of other alcoholic drinks, with Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel at less than 80 calories a serving. .....
- Best Starter Recipes with PineapplePineapple is more than just a fruit and more than merely a dessert ingredient. You can make starter recipes (as they are called in the UK) or appetizers (as those of you in the US and Canada will know them) with pineapple because its sweet flavor contrasts beautifully with savory flavors like cheese, bacon, or chicken. There are starter recipes with pineapple for all occasions. Why not serve a fruit salad or pineapple sorbet – who’s to say an appetizer has to be savory Pineapples are an excellent fruit to include in the family’s diet, and you will all benefit from having this delicious food daily. This tropical fruit has a .....
- Classic Cajun Food and 4 Cajun RecipesThere are not many exact recipes in Cajun cooking, because most of it is done to taste not to measurements, and the same dish can be prepared a different way each time, even by the same chef. This is because Cajun cuisine is an art form and the result of the dish depends on the mood of the chef as well as what happens to be in the refrigerator and cupboards. This means creating classic Cajun food is largely about getting a ‘feel’ for the ingredients and flavors. Although there are plenty of adaptations and tweaks you can make when making classic Cajun food, if you do want to follow a recipe it can be hard to find the right .....
- Why White Noise Helps You SleepSome people find it hard to fall asleep without a fan whirring while others find the sound of a blow dryer or washing machine soothing. But how come making more noise can help with sleep? Isn’t a silent room the most conducive to getting a good night’s rest? Actually that isn’t always the case, and some people even buy white noise machines or download white noise apps to ensure they get to sleep quickly and easily, and stay asleep until morning. A lot of people have hear it works but don’t know exactly why white noise helps you sleep. What is White Noise? This consistent sound comes out across all audible frequencies .....
- Rice Stuffed Zucchini with Veggies and WalnutsThis is a great recipe for stuffed zucchini, or stuffed courgette if that’s what it’s known as in your neck of the woods. You can cut your zucchini in to ‘boats’ or lengthwise strips or into wide slices. Perhaps you can get mini zucchini, or 8-ball zucchini, in which case one of those makes one serving. For the filling we are using rice, vegetables and walnuts, along with some garlic, thyme and cheese for added flavor. Feel free to tweak any of the ingredients in this rice stuffed zucchini . Pecans would work in place of the walnuts, or you could sub parsley, basil or even mixed dried herbs for the thyme. First we are .....
- An Introduction to Breda for VisitorsBreda (pronounced bray-DAH) is a city and municipality in the south of the Netherlands. The name comes from ‘brede Aa’ which means ‘wide Aa’, referring to where the rivers Mark and Aa meet. In 2014, Breda, Netherlands had 180,420 residents. Breda is known for its food and drink industry, and companies like Van Melle (Mentos), Kwatta (chocolate), Hero (soft drinks), and De Faam (licorice) are based there and known throughout Western Europe. Breda beer is exported all over the world, and there is also a sugar factory there to supply the sweet stuff to the food and beverage factories. The biggest brewery in the Netherlands, Oranjeboom, was .....
- Gluten Free Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese RecipeThis grilled lettuce with goat cheese is a delicious starter recipe and is ideal for people who can’t eat gluten. This might be a simple recipe but it tastes really good. You might not have cooked lettuce before but it is perfect in this delicious gluten free recipe. Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese: Uh, Cooked Lettuce – Really? Yes, you really can cook lettuce and not end up with a watery mess in the pan. That does not apply to all lettuce though and you will need to choose something which holds its shape quite well like Little Gem or Romaine. The lettuce just needs to be heated up and crisped on the surface touching the pan. .....
- Orange and Avocado Salad RecipeIf you are looking for a quick, easy vegetarian salad recipe, this one is very good and takes just minutes to put together. The sharpness of the oranges contrasts very well with the soft creaminess of the avocado and the lemon juice and oil dressing finishes it off just right. I love this orange and avocado salad recipe and have made it a few times now. Simple Yet So Good This orange and avocado salad recipe might sound very basic but a lot of recipes are great because they are kept simple, not in spite of it. Avocado offers a creamy nutty flavor which is wonderful with the orange, and this is also a colorful dish, not just a tasty one. It .....