These chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead.
This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner.
You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these potstickers include cabbage and green onions, along with ginger, sesame oil and garlic for flavor. First you make the filling for these chicken potstickers and then you will be dividing the filling between the gyoza or wonton wrappers to make the potstickers. They are then fried and then steamed, to give them the golden brown crust on the bottom and soft finish on top, the qualities they are famed for.
Wontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become.
Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork
Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or supper. Yes wontons really are that versatile and you can choose whether you want them for an appetizer or the main dish, choosing whether you make a few crispy ones to kick off your dinner in style, adding an oriental accent to the meal, or prepare a homemade wonton soup full of delicious homemade wontons.
Another possibility is potstickers, those soft wontons with a crispy side that are made in a pan. Any of these would make a wonderful appetizer or entree. Nothing beats wontons sometimes, and there are easy wonton recipes with pork for every palate.
Some More Hot Content For You
So you have made beef wontons, cheese wontons, seafood wontons, dessert wontons, several types of wonton soup and dumplings. Now what? There are plenty more ideas for wontons that you can consider. How about a filling of minced caramelized walnuts with toasted sesame seeds, or jelly and peanut butter? Those would be quirky yet delicious creative wonton ideas which would work beautifully.
Fresh cottage cheese with smoked paprika would work, as would an Indian style wonton made with potatoes, peas, biryani spices, ginger and cumin. Dip these spicy wontons in a cool yogurt sauce.
Chinese sausage meat could work, or make buffalo chicken purses with chicken, cream cheese, onion, hot sauce and bacon. Collard greens with vinegar and chopped pork loin wontons would be mouthwatering with a mustard dipping sauce, or you could try sautéed shiitake mushrooms with some garlic and cream. How are these creative wonton ideas sounding so far? Continue reading
This tempting deep-fried chicken dim sum recipe serves a crowd, and you can double it too. It is easy to make if you are methodical, mixing the filling together, then distributing it between the wrappers and working in batches. The crunchy hot chicken treats can be served alone or with your favorite sauce.
Why We Love Deep-Fried Chicken Dim Sum, Actually ALL Dim Sum!
Known as dim sum in Chinese, appetizers in the Western world, or tapas in Spain, small snacks will always have a place in our hearts and on our tables. They can precede a main dish or just be served as a snack. Dim sum, or Chinese appetizers, are versatile, tasty and just so yummy.
The following recipe takes you through the process of making crispy wontons and you can serve these just as they are or perhaps offer some other Chinese dim sum alongside them, like mini egg rolls or other small bites. Prepare to fall in love with deep-fried chicken dim sum. Continue reading
Although you might have enjoyed wontons at a Chinese restaurant or from a takeout, there is nothing quite like the flavor of homemade wontons. Easy wonton recipes are great and there’s nothing quite like them! Yes, they have a beautiful fresh flavor and of course you can decide what type of wontons you wish to prepare. Homemade wontons are wonderfully unique because you can experiment with the fillings and flavorings, perhaps making spicy wontons with a cooling dipping sauce, mild-flavored wontons with a spicy dipping sauce, or even traditional wonton soup or healthy baked wontons.
It is totally up to you how to make them, and you can make the most amazing wonton recipes with ease. There is nothing hard about making your own wontons and once you realize how easy wonton recipes are, you will want to experiment with different kinds.
Easy Wonton Recipes: Nothing Quite Like Them!
Wontons are the quintessential crunchy Asian snack and nothing else comes close. Whether you are serving plain fried wonton skins or stuffed wontons, crispy wontons which are still hot from the fryer make an amazing snack. There is also nothing quite like wontons if you are making an Asian soup recipe, and finding soft, succulent wontons floating in your fragrant soup means a meal you will not forget in a hurry. Continue reading
Everyone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time.
Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with square wrappers and dumplings are made with round ones. Wonton wrappers are also thinner than dumpling wrappers.
There were numerous wonton restaurants in cities during the Tang and Song dynasties, and they were filled with a delicate stuffing and boiled in soup. It was traditional in some regions to eat wontons on the midwinter day, and this is an important fact in the history of wontons. Continue reading
- Carb Blockers – Everything You Need to KnowDieting isn’t always easy. If it was, we would all be slim, right? The problem with a lot of diets is you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods (you know, all those ones that taste good) and feel hungry in order to shed a pound or two, if you’re lucky. So what about carb blockers – everything you need to know about these might just convince you to give them a try but honestly, do they really work? Reducing the intake of carbs is a popular way of lowering weight, and you can try diets such as Atkins to show you how to keep your carbs very low. The problem with diets like this is they eliminate (at least in the .....
- Best Cajun Chicken Pasta RecipeAre you in the mood for Cajun cuisine or something Italian? This Cajun chicken pasta recipe offers the best of both worlds. Pasta is an Italian favorite of course, and Cajun seasoning just brings out the beauty of the chicken and the pasta, resulting in a dish you will adore. You might have enjoyed something similar before or perhaps the combination of Italian and Cajun is a brand new treat for your palate. Either way you will certainly enjoy this tasty dish. This is simple enough for beginner cooks to master and once you have made it you will be sure to want to make it again. The following recipe makes enough for 2 people so you can easily .....
- Easy Beef Chow MeinAn easy beef chow mein is one of the tastiest Chinese dishes and if you are in the mood to rustle up your own, rather than ordering takeout, you can expect not only to save money but also to be able to enjoy a superior, more authentic flavor. You can make this easy beef chow mein in about 15 minutes flat, maybe less, and enjoy it for lunch or dinner. Different Types of Chow Mein Chow mein translates to mean fried noodles. Chow means ‘fried’ and ‘mein’ means noodles. There are 2 main variations of the dish – Hong Kong style which is with crispy noodles, or steamed chow mein. In this recipe we are pairing beef and .....
- Chicken Tortilla Soup with Rotel TomatoesChicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite soups. I love everything about it – the juicy chicken, the tomato-ey broth, the crisp tortillas on top, the cheese, just… everything! I like to keep my soup recipes simple, so you will see the following is as streamlined as I could make it. Grab the ingredients you need and make this. I promise, whether you want a light lunch or simple supper, you’re going to love it. There are lots of different chicken tortilla soup with Rotel tomatoes recipes to try but I happen to like this one just because it is so easy. What You Need to Make It Along with the cooked chicken and Rotel tomatoes .....
- Sauteed Jerusalem Artichoke RecipeAlso known as sunchokes, Jerusalem artichokes should not be confused with globe artichokes. This tuber or root vegetable, also known as earth apple, sunroot or topinambour, is in the same family as the sunflower, and there is a Jerusalem artichoke recipe for every palate once you know how to cook this tuber. They are perhaps easier to find in Europe than in the United States, although the roots are often used to make inulin, which is used as a source of dietary fiber in processed food instead of other fillers such as sugar. Jerusalem artichokes are high in potassium, iron and thiamin, low in calories, and a great source of fiber. They are .....
- Rune Stones – A Beginner’s GuideWhat are rune stones? Well, rune stones, or runes as they are also known, are a system of communication, decision making and divination. There are 24 runes in a set and they are like an alphabet of the North and North Central Europe. To Buy or Make Rune Stones You can buy runes from New Age shops or online, but a lot of people like to make their own, and you can use stones or discs made from wood. Rune stones are often engraved but some are painted or drawn on instead. One way to make your own runes would be to find 24 similar size pebbles or cut 24 discs out of wood, and write on each one with a black marker pen......
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- Mexican Cauli RiceKnowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is. This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and .....
- Five Reasons to Make Your Own Easy Wonton RecipeWontons are both economical and easy to make yourself. You can of course buy readymade wontons or wonton soup, or you can buy it from a Chinese restaurant, but when you do you are cheating yourself. Nothing is as yummy as your homemade wontons. Everyone can rustle up an easy wonton recipe, regardless of cooking ability and experience or lack thereof. The top five reasons to make your own easy wonton recipe, using a time-honored wonton recipe are as follows: 1) Wonton recipes are easy, there is no doubt about it. If you use a single ingredient (applesauce or cream cheese, for example) for the filling, plus readymade wonton wrappers, you will .....
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....