Grilled Avocado with Pico de Gallo | Keto Friendly
This recipe is low carb and very tasty. Avocados respond well to grilling in that they hold their shape and get nice grill marks. The grilled avocado here is paired with a homemade pico de gallo for freshness and zing in every mouthful.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 minced or finely chopped red or white onion
- 4 large tomatoes (or 6 medium ones)
- 1 minced de-seeded jalapeño or serrano pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Bunch of fresh cilantro
- Preheat the grill to medium-hot.
- Mix the onion with the chili pepper, lime juice and salt.
- Chop the cilantro and tomatoes.
- Stir them into the onion mixture.
- Add more salt if necessary.
- At this point you can cover and keep the pico de gallo covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and discard the pits.
- Grill the avocados cut side down for about 5 minutes or until they have grill marks.
- Remove from the grill and fill the 8 halves with pico de gallo.
- Serve immediately.
- Everyone has their own tolerance and preference when it comes to spice levels, so you can adapt the amount of chili used, or even omit the chili pepper altogether.
- If you aren’t keen on cilantro (fresh coriander) then just use less. If you hate it, leave it out (don’t replace it with parsley in this recipe).
Keywords: grilled avocado with pico de gallo, how to grill avocado, can you grill avocado, pico de gallo stuffed avocado