Grilled Halloumi Cheese Salad Recipe
You won’t be disappointed with this delicious grilled halloumi cheese salad. It makes a change from more common salad recipes and you can grill veggies at the same time to personalize what’s going on the plate.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- 1 pack of halloumi cheese
- ½ a sliced red onion
- 1 package mixed salad leaves
- ½ a yellow bell pepper
- Small handful alfalfa sprouts, for garnish
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Unwrap the halloumi and pat it dry with kitchen towels.
- Slice it into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Preheat the grill to moderately hot.
- Whisk the garlic, lime zest, lime juice, capers, vinegar, cilantro, and mustard with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Brush the remaining oil over the bell pepper.
- Grill the bell pepper on both sides until it is just beginning to char.
- Grill the cheese until it is hot and has grill marks on it.
- Put the salad leaves on a serving platter and arrange the sliced red onion on top.
- Finely slice the bell pepper and add it to the salad, then add the halloumi cheese and alfalfa sprouts.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Since this grilled vegetable salad recipe is best when the cheese is hot and melting, serve it as soon as you can when the cheese comes off the grill.
- You can cook the bell pepper just before the cheese if you like, since it will take longer and it is easier to chop up if you let it cool down a bit first.
Keywords: halloumi cheese, halloumi salad, grilled halloumi salad, grilled halloumi cheese salad