3 Ingredient Satay Sauce
The satay sauce you can buy is loaded with sugar, so why not make your own? This satay sauce recipe calls for just 3 ingredients and you can make it in a few minutes. So simple!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons runny honey
- Add some peanut butter, soy sauce and honey to a dish or measuring cup. You will need about the same measure of each item – a couple tablespoons per person.
- Grab a fork and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Test it and see what you can taste. The main flavor should be the peanut butter and the honey should add a little sweetness while the soy sauce adds a touch of salt.
- If it is too sweet, add a little more soy sauce.
- If it’s too salty, add more honey.
- If it’s just right, great!
- Replace the soy sauce with tamari if you wish, the honey with ‘vegan honey’ or a sugar-free alternative.
- As for the peanut butter, you could try almond butter or another nut butter. I haven’t done this but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Keywords: 3 ingredient peanut sauce, 3 ingredient satay sauce, 3 ingredient sate sauce