Low Carb Fishcakes
These Atkins induction-friendly fishcakes are full of amazing flavor, and they come out really crispy. They can be made with absolutely any kind of fish you like.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb (450g) fresh fish filets, or well-drained thawed or canned fish
- 1 small onion or 2 shallots
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Whiz the fish, onion and egg into a paste, using a food processor.
- If you do not have a food processor, finely dice the ingredients and stir by hand.
- Stir in the egg whites, salt, pepper, red chili and lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet until it is very hot.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of the fish mixture into the pan.
- Flatten it into a patty using a wooden spoon.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture so you have 6 to 8 fishcakes.
- After 5 minutes, or when the base of the fishcakes are golden brown, flip them over.
- Cook for 5 more minutes then serve.
- I love these made with canned crab, but you could try half canned crab and half leftover fish filet if you want, or another combination.
- Use one shallot and one green onion instead of the yellow onion if you wish.
- Use a griddle pan if you like – I can fit 8 fishcakes in there.
- If you only have a small sauté pan, make these in 2 batches.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: low carb fishcakes, keto fishcakes, keto fish cake recipe, fish cakes low carb