Bacon Wrapped Avocado
Avocado pieces are wrapped in bacon and baked, to make this wonderfully simple appetizer. Serve these hot from the oven and you will really like their incredible taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix the sugar with the chili powder, if using.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Peel and remove the pit from the avocado and cut it into 3/4-inch (2cm) lengthwise slices.
- Slice through the middle to cut all of the slices in half so that you end up with thick avocado chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in several pieces and wrap each piece around the avocado.
- Roll them in the brown sugar mixture (if using) and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove to a platter and stick a toothpick into each for serving.
- If you want to make a keto version of these, omit the brown sugar or use a sweetener like Brown Swerve.
- Calories: 857
- Sugar: 73g
- Sodium: 1207mg
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 34g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 90g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: bacon wrapped avocado, bacon wrapped avocado bombs