These bacon wrapped avocado appetizers are absolutely gorgeous and you can serve them as an appetizer or side dish. They are low in carbs (if you leave out the sugar) but high in flavor.
Bacon Wrapped Avocado Bombs: Spicy or Mild
Use chili or cayenne pepper if you wish, or just have them without if you want a milder finish.
These are great to pop into the oven when you have something else cooking on the stove. Then you can enjoy them as a snack or appetizer or even as a side dish. You could also cook them on a grill or in a smoker.
I wasn’t sure these would work the first time I made them. I have made bacon-wrapped shrimp before, and bacon-wrapped cheese, but this is the first time I used avocado.
Although avocado is usually served raw, you can cook it or at least heat it. It also freezes well if you puree it with sweetened condensed milk, to make ice cream.
If you accidentally cut open an avocado which isn’t ripe enough to enjoy, then why not make these appetizers? The brief cooking time softens the avocado a bit, and the contrast between the salty bacon and the creamy avocado is fantastic. This bacon wrapped avocado appetizers dish will serve 2 people as a side or appetizer.
Bacon Wrapped Avocado
Avocado pieces are wrapped in bacon and baked, to make this wonderfully simple appetizer. Serve these hot from the oven and you will really like their incredible taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix the sugar with the chili powder, if using.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Peel and remove the pit from the avocado and cut it into 3/4-inch (2cm) lengthwise slices.
- Slice through the middle to cut all of the slices in half so that you end up with thick avocado chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in several pieces and wrap each piece around the avocado.
- Roll them in the brown sugar mixture (if using) and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove to a platter and stick a toothpick into each for serving.
- If you want to make a keto version of these, omit the brown sugar or use a sweetener like Brown Swerve.
- Calories: 857
- Sugar: 73g
- Sodium: 1207mg
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 34g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 90g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: bacon wrapped avocado, bacon wrapped avocado bombs