Warm Grilled Vegetable Salad
A warm grilled vegetable salad is always a delicious treat. I like to pair this with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio and then enjoy the whole meal al fresco. It’s perfect for warm evenings and grilling vegetables chars them lightly and brings out their amazing flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and in 1-inch (2½ cm) strips
- 6 spears asparagus, in 1-inch (2½ cm) pieces
- 2 sticks celery, in 1-inch (2½ cm) pieces
- 6 broccoli florets
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 4 torn leaves of romaine lettuce
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and in 1-inch (2½ cm) strips
- 1 torn bunch of arugula (rocket)
- ¼ cup (60g) parmesan shavings
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in the bell pepper, asparagus, celery, broccoli, and onion.
- Toss well to coat.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over a high heat and grill the vegetables until they are tender.
- Toss the romaine and arugula in the bowl with rest of the vinaigrette and arrange it on a serving platter.
- Top with the grilled veggies and scatter the Parmesan shavings over the vegetables.
- Serve right away while still warm.
Keywords: warm grilled vegetable salad, grilled vegetables, how to grill vegetables, warm salad recipe