This grilled vegetable salad combines warm grilled vegetables with salad greens and parmesan cheese. The cheese melts slightly when you scatter it over the hot vegetables. The combination of colors in this vegetable salad recipe is just as pleasing as the combination of soft warm ingredients with crunchy cold ingredients.
This is a very healthy grilled salad and you can serve a vegetable salad as an appetizer, side dish or main meal, making it very versatile. Feel free to alter which vegetables you use. Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and cauliflower are equally good in this grilled vegetables salad and you can try different herbs too if you want.
It might also interest you to know that grilled romaine is a thing! If you want to grill it, it’s best to grill wedges. Grilling individual leaves isn’t really going to work, but if you want those attractive griddle marks, go ahead and grill romaine in a wedge!Print
Warm Grilled Vegetable Salad
A warm grilled vegetable salad is always a delicious treat. I like to pair this with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio and then enjoy the whole meal al fresco. It’s perfect for warm evenings and grilling vegetables chars them lightly and brings out their amazing flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and in 1-inch (2½ cm) strips
- 6 spears asparagus, in 1-inch (2½ cm) pieces
- 2 sticks celery, in 1-inch (2½ cm) pieces
- 6 broccoli florets
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 4 torn leaves of romaine lettuce
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and in 1-inch (2½ cm) strips
- 1 torn bunch of arugula (rocket)
- ¼ cup (60g) parmesan shavings
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in the bell pepper, asparagus, celery, broccoli, and onion.
- Toss well to coat.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over a high heat and grill the vegetables until they are tender.
- Toss the romaine and arugula in the bowl with rest of the vinaigrette and arrange it on a serving platter.
- Top with the grilled veggies and scatter the Parmesan shavings over the vegetables.
- Serve right away while still warm.
Keywords: warm grilled vegetable salad, grilled vegetables, how to grill vegetables, warm salad recipe