The following chanterelle baby bella mushroom sauce will make an excellent partner to many vegetarian dishes but it is not just limited to dishes without meat.
It would be an excellent pairing with beef, pork or even veal. The possibilities are endless and this sauce has a level of sophistication not found in many plain mushroom sauces.
The blend of commercial and wild mushrooms is a pairing that is both balanced and multi-leveled. It has the power to elevate any dish it is served with to something special.
Chanterelle Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce is Well Worth Making
Although there are quite a few steps, believe me – they are fairly simple and well worth the process for a dinner you want to impress your guests with. Wild mushrooms are something you should only use from reliable sources or someone that is extremely knowledgeable in wild mushrooms.
The reason is that some wild mushrooms have serious risks involved. With that said though, when used properly, the right kinds have a taste that makes you know why some of the finest cooks in the world seek these out for use in recipes.
Make Mushroom Sauce Like a Pro
You don’t have to pay for a world class chef if you follow the steps in the following recipe. I’ll take you through the whole process from basic mushroom info, to how to reconstitute them and how to use them in your recipe.
This way you can avoid the pitfalls that come with using any ingredient you are unfamiliar with. When used right though you will never look at store-bought mushrooms the same.Print
Chanterelle Baby Bella Mushroom Sauce
If you have ever wanted to try using wild mushrooms in recipes this one is a good blend of commercial and wild mushrooms together to make a balanced sauce that will make you wonder why you waited so long to try them. This chanterelle baby bella mushroom sauce is soooo good!
This mushroom sauce uses both baby bella mushrooms and wild chanterelles to give it a distinct and wonderfully earthy taste that should be saved for special dishes. The wild mushrooms are a bit pricy but once you try them you will see why they are very sought after by some of the best know chefs for use in many sophisticated recipes.
The blend of the mushrooms accent each other nicely and this is a sauce that just is at home with a vegetarian dish as it is with many meat dishes. Chanterelle baby bella mushroom sauce will definitely elevate any dish to a higher level of enjoyment.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove
- 4 ounces (115g) finely chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 4 ounces (115g) reconstituted (dried) chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil.
- Chop and sauté the baby bella mushrooms until tender.
- Add the reconstituted Chanterelles and cook for just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a food processor.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk with the cornstarch until it makes a paste.
- Now mix in the tomato paste, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- In the skillet, add just a dash of olive oil and then whisk in the mixture and cook until slightly brown.
- Whisk in the vegetable broth and allow to come just to a boil.
- Hurt down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Continue simmering until it is fairly thick, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour the sauce into the food processor, pulsing with the mushrooms until it forms a thick sauce.
- Remove and place in individual serving ramekins and garnish fresh chives if desired.
- Dried chanterelles are very tasty but do require a bit of special attention in their preparation. First, after reconstituting, they do require cooking but only for a short while or they can become tough. So they should be added into the recipe after the baby bellas.
How to Reconstitute Chanterelles
- To reconstitute them, put the mushrooms in a glass bowl. Pour boiling water into the bowl; you will need enough to cover the mushrooms.
Allow them to sit for a minimum of 20 minutes in the hot liquid until they are tender. Strain the mushrooms with a sieve and transfer the juice into a glass mason jar for use in other recipes.
The mushrooms are now ready to use, although they can be a bit woody and tough so they’re best in dishes where they will be pureed.
Keywords: chanterelle baby bella mushroom sauce, mushrooms, chanterelle, baby bella, sauce