This easy chicken and peach salad takes mere minutes to put together and it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. I’ve made it with chicken breast but you could use other cooked chicken pieces or some deli chicken slices. You could even use rotisserie chicken to make this (perhaps, still warm – yum!)
This easy chicken and peach salad is made on a bed of iceberg lettuce, but of course you can switch the iceberg for any variety. Baby salad leaves would be good or chopped romaine. I like to add some lamb’s lettuce or a contrasting variety as well. Then you have the chicken on top, plus some peach for juicy sweetness, and then some crispy, crunchy croutons for a contrasting savory flavor and different texture.
Tangy Chicken and Peach Salad Dressing
The dressing is an interpretation on Marie Rose sauce or thousand island dressing. The whisky in our easy chicken and peach salad dressing is optional (but throw some in if you have it) or you can use brandy. Actually this sauce is normally served with seafood recipes such as prawn cocktail but it goes just as well with chicken thanks to the chicken’s neutral, simple taste.
Tweak this easy chicken and peach salad recipe to your heart’s content. All kinds of things would go here, such as pineapple chunks, cashews, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, or whatever else. If you’re using leftover chicken, increase the amount of chicken to take this dish from an appetizer to a main dish.Print
Easy Chicken and Peach Salad
This is an easy, tasty recipe which combines moist chicken with juicy peach, along with salad greens, croutons and an easy-to-make Marie Rose type sauce. This makes a colorful, appealing lunch for two.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 large handfuls iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices cooked chicken breast
- 1 small handful watercress, lamb’s lettuce or microgreens
- 1 ripe peach cut into 8 wedges
- Small handful croutons
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup (65ml) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon whisky or brandy (optional)
- Divide the iceberg lettuce between 2 chilled serving dishes.
- Now arrange the sliced chicken on top.
- Scatter the watercress, lamb’s lettuce or microgreens on top.
- Arrange the peach wedges around the outside.
- Scatter the croutons around the outside.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and whisky or brandy (if using) together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately.