How to Griddle Chicken Breast
The griddle is a fantastic tool which I often use in the kitchen for cooking not only chicken but steak, fish and vegetables too. You need less fat than if you were to shallow fry or saute, and can expect attractive griddle marks, either lines or crisscross, depending how you turn the chicken while it is cooking. Learning how to griddle chicken breast is so easy and worthwhile.
A nice cast iron griddle pan is a worthwhile investment, and since you can cook all kinds of meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and even some kinds of cheese (like halloumi) in there, you will find yourself using it frequently.
Griddled Chicken Breast Uses
One of the best things to cook on there has to be chicken breast. This lean, tasty meat is perfect for any kind of diet (well, except vegetarian!) and you can serve it in all kinds of ways, perhaps marinating it first or adding a spice rub or sauce. You can also cook it plain, then use it to top a salad, chop it and add it to omelets or tacos, or find many other uses for it. Some people like to cook a big batch of griddled chicken breast because it keeps in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and you can enjoy it as a snack or as part of a meal. If you know how to griddle chicken breast you can make all kinds of chicken dishes.
Get organic chicken breast if possible, if it’s available where you are and within your budget, because it is healthier and tastes better. You can even grab a bunch of chicken breasts if you spot some on sale, because they freeze well. Just thaw them overnight and then the following day you can make a griddled chicken breast recipe.
How to Griddle Chicken Breast in a Top Rated Griddle Pan
This is a wonderful addition to any kitchen and the griddle pan comes pre-seasoned so it’s all ready to use. Anyone can use a griddle pan because knowing how to griddle chicken breast and other proteins is simple. If you can use a pan you can use this. Just get it nice and hot then add your meat or fish and flip it over halfway during cooking.
You can clean this with warm, soapy water, or even wash it in the dishwasher (that’s how I clean mine!)
Expect even, uniform cooking and a great performance. It is ribbed so any fat will drip off your meat or fish and into the grooves. Use this on the stove, grill, campfire, or even in the oven. It is 10 1/4 inches square and it retains heat well so you can get it really hot and sear your meat beautifully.
This griddle pan is going to last for decades and you might even want to pass it down to your own children (if you can bear to part with it).
Whether you like to griddle meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, or even halloumi cheese, the delicious flavors, versatility, low-fat results, and appealing griddle-marks on your food are all factors to tempt you into investing into such a wonderful pan.
The next time chicken breast or steak is on the menu for dinner, consider the griddle rather than a pan, for a very flavorful, low-fat result which everyone will love.
Top Rated Griddle Pan, on Amazon
Griddled Chicken Marinade Idea
Know how to griddle chicken breast but ensure you add plenty of flavor too. Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano, 3/4 teaspoon of lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in a Ziploc bag or shallow glass dish, and mix well. Add the chicken and let it sit in this mixture for between 30 minutes and 6 hours to infuse it with flavor. Then remove the chicken, discard the marinade, and proceed with the recipe. This adds an exciting flavor to the dish and is worth knowing if you plan to learn how to griddle chicken breast and make it really tasty.
- 2 chicken breasts
- Oil or cooking spray, as needed
- Salt, black pepper, dried herbs and/or spices (optional)
- Pound the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until about ½ inch (1¼ cm) thick.
- Heat the griddle pan for a few minutes or until a droplet of water 'dances' on there when flicked on.
- Rub a little oil (any cooking oil) over the chicken or spritz it with cooking spray.
- At this point you can also add salt, pepper, or any dried herbs or ground spices you want.
- Cook the chicken for 4 or 5 minutes on each side or until done through.
- If you want a crisscross pattern instead of stripes, then rotate it after 2 minutes on each side.
- When the chicken is no longer pink in the center, it is done.
- Now you know how to griddle chicken breast you can make this easy recipe anytime.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Ham and Cheese French ToastFrench toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups! Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches .....
- Beef in Chinese CuisineBeef in Chinese cuisine. Yes it’s there, just not the most popular choice, at least in authentic Chinese cuisine. Beef is not used nearly as much as pork in Chinese cuisine, so when the Chinese talk about ‘meat’ they are usually referring to pork. Beef is used quite a bit in Szechuan cuisine, probably because there are more oxen in that region. Steamed beef is coated with cornstarch to make a gravy, while stir-fried beef is cooked until chewy. Beef is not as versatile as pork, for example they are not good for making a beef version of pork meatballs, which is why beef is not so popular. You will not find beef in Chinese .....
- Chinese Prawn Toast RecipeChinese prawn toast, or Chinese shrimp toast, is very popular and makes a tasty hot starter. You don’t have to serve Chinese food as the main course since this Chinese prawn toast recipe goes nicely as an appetizer before a Thai main course, Indian main course or anything else you like. How Does a Chinese Prawn Toast Recipe Taste? These little appetizers often have sesame seeds on but that is not essential. The toasts should be crispy without being burned, and taste fishy without being too fishy. Prawn toasts usually feature on Chinese restaurant menus because their wonderful crunch makes them very appetizing......
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Canapes for a PartyCanapes (KAH-nah-pays) for a party, which are also known as hors d’oevres, are little snacks which are served with drinks, either by themselves or before the sit-down meal is ready. These canapes for a party can be very simple and might be something spread on crackers or melba toast, or even a stuffed cherry tomato or deviled egg. The best canapes for a party are those which can be eaten with the fingers, so people can just pick them up without making their fingers messy. Also, they should be able to be eaten in one or two bites, and you shouldn’t need cutlery. A canape in one hand and a drink in the other is fine. Add cutlery .....
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- How to Plan Kitchen ImprovementsIf you want to improve your kitchen it is vital to plan it properly. If you don’t plan well, you might end up with an expensive bad kitchen which you are unhappy with. This is why it’s vital to learn how to plan kitchen layout, improvements and everything else. In the past, kitchen planning involved the stove, sink and refrigerator work triangle and the work surfaces took second place. Today there is a lot more to think about. Do you want a modern style kitchen? Do you want a rustic style kitchen with a kitchen pantry? Do you have your own ideas about how to blend styles to give your kitchen your own personal touch? It is common these .....
- Chili Squid with TomatoesThis chili squid with tomatoes recipe is for lovers of all things spicy, since chili is used plentifully. Chili and tomato goes well, which is good because the sauce is tomato-based. You could use fresh tomatoes for this but honestly the canned type are just as good here. The squid is stuffed with a mixture of egg, bread and cilantro. This is how you make this chili squid with tomatoes a success. The filling should be sticky but not too ‘wet’ so add the egg a little at a time. If it is not wet enough add extra egg to it. This is a very simple filling so you can appreciate the flavor of the squid without any of the ingredients .....
- Gorgeous Mystic Topaz RingsAlso known as rainbow topaz, mystic topaz is a semi-precious gemstone. It has a high hardness and refractive index as well as not being sensitive to chemicals. This means it is a good stone to make jewelry and will last for many years. Invest in mystic topaz rings and you’ll have something you want to wear all the time. What is Mystical About It? Mystic topaz is colorless topaz which has been enhanced with a hi-tech process to give a rainbow effect. The better the original stone used, the better the end result will be, and this means the quality, polish and cut. So if you start with a high quality colorless stone you will end up with a .....
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....