Vegan Quinoa Salad with Garlic Lime Dressing
Although nobody ever gets tired of pasta salad or rice salad recipes, there is something so special about a vegan quinoa salad, perhaps because of its unusual texture or because it is something different to what you usually have.
This salad is especially good because the quinoa is combined with a variety of tasty veggies as well as seasonings.
The following vegan quinoa salad recipe shows you how to make an easy quinoa salad using this delicious grain. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is easy to cook and work with and combines well with various flavors.
If you are new to using this grain, then you will enjoy the following recipe and once you have made it you might wish to adapt it and make something similar. Quinoa can also be served hot. There are plenty of recipes for this wonderful and versatile grain.
Vegan Quinoa Salad: Tips for a Delicious Dressing
If you want a more ‘moist’ dish you can add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the dressing. This will obviously add calories, but it’s your salad and your choice.
Use lime juice (don’t sub lemon juice) for a wonderful tang in this vegan quinoa salad dish. This recipe is just so well balanced and I’ve made it a few times already and love it.
- 1½ cups (250g) well-rinsed raw quinoa
- 2¼ cups (550ml) water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- ⅔ cup (15g) minced fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup (7.5g) minced fresh mint
- 1 cup (175g) corn kernels
- 1 diced jalapeño pepper
- 1½ cups (325g) cooked chickpeas
- 2 diced green onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth or bean cooking liquid
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa following the directions on the package, adding the salt and garlic to it too.
- Fluff it and let it cool.
- Mix the veggies together in a bowl, then mix in the quinoa.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together then pour over the salad.
- Mix well and chill for half an hour.
- Add more lime juice if needed, then serve.