Oven Baked Turkey Burgers with Feta
Making a change from your usual burgers perhaps, these boast the lighter flavor of turkey. We are adding lemon and oregano for flavor, and stuffing the oven baked turkey burgers with feta cheese for a wonderful tang.
The mint-cucumber dressing with these oven baked turkey burgers adds a Mediterranean touch, and you just need to combine equal parts of yogurt and grated cucumber to make it, adding in some fresh mint too. Oven baking these burgers is simple although you may pan-fry them if you prefer, or even pop them on the barbecue if it’s fired up already. If you wish to prepare the patties in advance you can just leave them in the refrigerator until it’s time for dinner.
How to Serve Oven Baked Turkey Burgers
Serve these oven baked turkey burgers with a simple salad, with some grilled or sauteed veggies, or with coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, or anything else you are in the mood for. Whoever knew oven baked turkey burgers could be so flavor-packed and delicious? This recipe makes 4 of them, so you can double it if there’s a crowd of you. I haven’t tried this with ground chicken but that would probably be good too.
Homemade oven baked turkey burgers are always better than commercial ones, especially those thin, hockey-puck type burgers many of us keep in the freezer ‘for a rainy day’. In fact I never buy commercial burgers. Making my own is just so easy and I like to try different flavors in there. When I make regular burgers I usually add hot sauce, liquid smoke, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and garlic and onion powders, to get a rich and hearty flavor, while poultry is nice with more subtle additions, or you can give it an Asian twist. Anything goes where these oven baked turkey burgers are concerned, so tweak this recipe to your heart’s content and enjoy the burgers!
- 1 lb (450g) ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ oz (45g) crumbled feta cheese
- Cooking spray, as needed
- ¼ cup (65 ml) plain yogurt
- Grated cucumber, as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 red onion slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the turkey, salt, pepper, lemon zest and oregano.
- Divide this mixture into 4 equal-sized portions.
- Press a dent into the middle of each and add the cheese.
- Fold the turkey mixture around the cheese to fully enclose it.
- Put the burgers in a greased baking dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until they are 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) inside.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt with the same amount of grated cucumber, then stir in the mint.
- Put a lettuce leaf and then a cooked turkey patty on each hamburger bun bottom..
- Top it with the tomato, red onion and yogurt mixture.
- Add the hamburger bun tops and serve.
Some More Hot Content For You
- 7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh RecipesChicken thighs are a wonderful option. Not only are they cheap and easy to find, but they are also very tasty, boating plenty of flavor. You can make all kinds of delicious boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes and you are sure to adore the taste. Unlike chicken breast, which can dry out quickly, the higher fat content in chicken thighs keeps them succulent and moist. They are forgiving even if you overcook them a bit. If you spot some on sale in the grocery store, grab them because there are plenty of wonderful boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes you can rustle up using chicken thighs. You can expect a great flavor from a good chicken .....
- Homemade Pizza on French BreadPizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good! The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza .....
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....
- Thick and Creamy Pumpkin SoupThick and creamy pumpkin soup is a winter favorite. There are many ways to make it and a lot of people like it thick, rich and sweet, but there are also more savory options. In some parts of Europe, for example, the soup will include onion, garlic, bacon and herbs. In other parts of the world this soup is made very sweet and can almost be compared to a dessert. No wonder thick and creamy pumpkin soup is so popular with the kids. Personally I love the ‘comfort food’ kind of pumpkin soup and I love adding maple syrup, cream and other wonderful ingredients to bring out the flavor of the pumpkin. I like to roast my pumpkin before .....
- How to Cook Fresh MusselsLearn how to cook fresh mussels and you will be able to prepare this delicious seafood whenever you’re in the mood. Mussels can be purchased or you can pick your own, depending of course where you live. If you are collecting your own then ensure the water is unpolluted. Mussels are nicer during the colder months which are not in the breeding season. If you are shopping for them, then shop around and choose ones with tightly closed shells. When cooked, you will want juicy, plump flesh and the taste of the sea. Mussels are white if male and orange if female, so color does not indicate freshness. Knowing how to cook fresh mussels means .....
- Chinese Napa Cabbage Side DishI made this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish recipe using half a cabbage and half the ingredients, and it made a great dish for 2 people. I made soy sauce chicken to go with it. To make that, you need to slice chicken breast in half across the width, then soak it in soy sauce for an hour and cook on the griddle until cooked through. The 2 dishes together were lovely. You could also serve noodles or rice on the side but I didn’t. This recipe is very easy and it really brings out the Chinese Napa cabbage side dish flavor. Even if you aren’t sure whether or not you are a cabbage fan, this dish is worth trying, and cooking cabbage in .....
- British Recipe for Shepherd’s PieA lot of people find this British recipe for shepherd’s pie perfect for the colder months, and I fall into that group. Really, is there anything more comforting or delicious than shepherd’s pie when the nights are getting cooler? Shepherd’s pie is often confused with cottage pie, but shepherd’s pie is made with ground lamb not ground beef. Think about it – shepherds have sheep not cows! If you want to use ground beef, then that’s also tasty but it’s technically cottage pie. Our British recipe for shepherd’s pie is made with lamb. We are making this in the British style, using bay leaves, thyme .....
- How to Make Mapo TofuMapo tofu, which is sometimes written mapo doufu, is a delicious Chinese recipe from the Sichuan province in China. It is comprised of tofu in a reddish, spicy bean and chili based sauce. The tofu is usually cooked with ground meat, either beef or pork, along with fermented beans. There are variations of course, and everyone has their own way of making it. Discover how to make mapo tofu and you will fall in love with this dish! Why is Mapo Tofu Called That? So how did mapo tofu get its name? Well the ‘ma’ refers to ‘mazi’ which is pockmarks, and the ‘pa’ refers to ‘popo’ meaning old woman or .....
- Wonderful Weightwatchers RecipesWeightWatchers is certainly a diet to consider if you want to lose a few pounds. This company was founded by Jean Nidetch from Brooklyn in the 1960s. Today WeightWatchers is international and operates in more than thirty countries. There are lots of WeightWatchers recipes you can make, most of which are really tasty. This diet program includes regular meetings, group support and a points system to calculate how much food you can eat in order to shed excess weight. Weightwatchers Recipes and Weight Watchers Points Each type of food or beverage has a point value and you first calculate how many points you are allowed per day (depending on your .....
- Super Low Calorie Cajun Lime Stir FryLow in calories yet sky-high in flavor, this low calorie Cajun lime stir fry is something you will want to make regularly. Vegetables such as bell peppers, celery, carrot and mushrooms are combined with tomato concentrate, Cajun seasoning and lime juice to make a simple yet wonderfully flavored dish. Work out the calories and it is only about 100, which is very low indeed. The bell peppers are the main ingredient in this low calorie Cajun lime stir fry, supported by the other veggies, but you can swap the vegetables for others if you wish. Broccoli, zucchini and okra would all work in our low calorie Cajun lime stir fry recipe. The sauce is .....