Oven Baked Turkey Burgers with Feta
Making a change from your usual burgers perhaps, these boast the lighter flavor of turkey. We are adding lemon and oregano for flavor, and stuffing the oven baked turkey burgers with feta cheese for a wonderful tang.
The mint-cucumber dressing with these oven baked turkey burgers adds a Mediterranean touch, and you just need to combine equal parts of yogurt and grated cucumber to make it, adding in some fresh mint too. Oven baking these burgers is simple although you may pan-fry them if you prefer, or even pop them on the barbecue if it’s fired up already. If you wish to prepare the patties in advance you can just leave them in the refrigerator until it’s time for dinner.
How to Serve Oven Baked Turkey Burgers
Serve these oven baked turkey burgers with a simple salad, with some grilled or sauteed veggies, or with coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, or anything else you are in the mood for. Whoever knew oven baked turkey burgers could be so flavor-packed and delicious? This recipe makes 4 of them, so you can double it if there’s a crowd of you. I haven’t tried this with ground chicken but that would probably be good too.
Homemade oven baked turkey burgers are always better than commercial ones, especially those thin, hockey-puck type burgers many of us keep in the freezer ‘for a rainy day’. In fact I never buy commercial burgers. Making my own is just so easy and I like to try different flavors in there. When I make regular burgers I usually add hot sauce, liquid smoke, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and garlic and onion powders, to get a rich and hearty flavor, while poultry is nice with more subtle additions, or you can give it an Asian twist. Anything goes where these oven baked turkey burgers are concerned, so tweak this recipe to your heart’s content and enjoy the burgers!
- 1 lb (450g) ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ oz (45g) crumbled feta cheese
- Cooking spray, as needed
- ¼ cup (65 ml) plain yogurt
- Grated cucumber, as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 red onion slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the turkey, salt, pepper, lemon zest and oregano.
- Divide this mixture into 4 equal-sized portions.
- Press a dent into the middle of each and add the cheese.
- Fold the turkey mixture around the cheese to fully enclose it.
- Put the burgers in a greased baking dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until they are 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) inside.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt with the same amount of grated cucumber, then stir in the mint.
- Put a lettuce leaf and then a cooked turkey patty on each hamburger bun bottom..
- Top it with the tomato, red onion and yogurt mixture.
- Add the hamburger bun tops and serve.
Some More Hot Content For You
- 7 Cauliflower Rice RecipesCauliflower rice, also known as cauli rice, is a low-calorie, low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can make it with a food processor or, if you don’t have one, a cheese grater. There are different ways to cook cauliflower rice recipes too, such as on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although cauliflower obviously doesn’t share the exact same flavor as rice, you can get the appearance and texture very close. It is well worth knowing how to make cauliflower rice recipes, even if you are not trying to reduce your carb or calorie intake. Cauliflower is rich in protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, .....
- British Bangers and Mash RecipeWhat is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top. I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch. What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe? .....
- Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack SlawThis raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already. Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic! Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it .....
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....
- Help for Yeast Infections During PregnancyYeast infections are incredibly common, and women of all ages can suffer with this irritating problem, and throughout pregnancy it can get far worse. These infections are never fun but yeast infections during pregnancy can be extra rough. Many women will discover that a yeast infection is common when they are expecting a baby. Therefore, seeking a solution to the problem is essential, and will ensure that your pregnancy is comfortable. Your body is an amazing thing, and there are several different factors that can contribute to you suffering with yeast infections during pregnancy. The fungus Candida is present in your body at all times, .....
- How to Cook Fresh MusselsLearn how to cook fresh mussels and you will be able to prepare this delicious seafood whenever you’re in the mood. Mussels can be purchased or you can pick your own, depending of course where you live. If you are collecting your own then ensure the water is unpolluted. Mussels are nicer during the colder months which are not in the breeding season. If you are shopping for them, then shop around and choose ones with tightly closed shells. When cooked, you will want juicy, plump flesh and the taste of the sea. Mussels are white if male and orange if female, so color does not indicate freshness. Knowing how to cook fresh mussels means .....
- Amazing Chocolate Walnut CakeThis is a rich and tasty chocolate walnut cake featuring all the best sweet flavors that go amazingly together. Chocolate cake is good, as is walnut cake, but combine the two and – bam! You have an incredible cake boasting the rich taste of chocolate and the distinctive crunch of walnut in every mouthful. This cake is easy to prepare and decorating it with the ganache is a breeze. To make this flavorful cake you are going to need butter, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, eggs, sugar and walnuts. The frosting uses cream and dark chocolate along with some more walnuts to garnish the finished cake. When to Make this Chocolate Walnut Cake This .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Easy Creamed Spinach RecipeCreamed spinach makes a lovely side dish and it is very easy to prepare. Try out this easy creamed spinach recipe if you want to make your own from scratch. It really is good. Grab a bag of spinach and then just add some cream cheese and seasonings. The recipe also features some optional ingredients so you can ensure your creamed spinach comes out perfectly for your palate. I usually buy the unwashed spinach and soak the leaves in cold water for a few minutes but you can also get pre-washed fresh spinach. Do use fresh spinach for this recipe for the brightest color and freshest flavor. I haven’t made this with the frozen kind but I .....
- Oysters in Chive Sauce RecipeOysters are great served either cold or warm like in this delicious seafood starter recipe. You can serve this as a canape or as a starter dish for a summer dinner. Oysters are not the cheapest type of seafood but they are special and you do not have to serve a lot to each diner. Make this oysters in chive sauce recipe and you won’t regret it. Oysters in Chive Sauce Recipe: Surprisingly Simple to Make A lot of people think twice about making oysters recipes because they are thought to be difficult but actually the opposite is true. Oysters are easy to work with. In this recipe for oysters you simply make the sauce and grill the oysters .....