Jamie Oliver Superfood Salad Copycat
My husband and I had lunch at the Jamie Oliver restaurant in Cardiff last year and it was really good! I had the avocado superfood salad with smoked salmon and it really made an impression. I loved all those flavors and it looked gorgeous too. I wanted to recreate it so I came up with this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe. It’s not identical but pretty close!
What’s in It?
The Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat salad is made with avocado, beets, grains, kale, toasted seeds, and a tasty harissa and lemon dressing. On top of that you have avocado, pomegranate and poppy seeds. The following recipe is a copycat attempt, in case you wish to recreate some of this wonderful meal, but I can’t say it is totally accurate since I’m just going by what I remember.
In the restaurant you can order free-range chicken or smoked salmon on the side, or some feta cheese if you want. I am all for tweaking recipes so take the following Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe and tweak it to your heart’s content. Consider adding walnuts, olives, capers, cucumber, grated carrot, baby spinach, or anything else. Consider this recipe as a starting point and lovingly make this recipe your own.
Why is this Jamie Oliver Superfood Salad Copycat Recipe So Good?
I don’t know why I love this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat salad so much, but I think it’s largely to do with the fact we eat with our eyes first, and those colors are just amazing, then you take a bite and enjoy not only the combination of sweet and savory flavors, of crunch and creaminess, but the textures in there too. Of course, knowing this is healthy also helps, because this salad will give you plenty of energy. Our recipe makes 6 servings but make less if that’s too much or perhaps halve it.
You can use puy lentils and cook them following the instructions on the package or else use precooked lentils (just drain them well). Then the dressing I make with extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and harissa, which is a North African hot chili pepper paste, made with roasted peppers, garlic, caraway, oil, coriander seed and more. You can use a little paste in the recipe if you want, but I usually use the powder since it keeps for ages. Anyway, try this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe out for yourself.
- 7 oz (200g) puy lentils (or use 2 x 8 ½ oz (250g) packs precooked lentils)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for the avocado
- 2 teaspoons harissa powder
- 5½ oz (155g) chopped cooked plain (not pickled) beets
- 3 tablespoons chopped baby kale
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 oz (340g) smoked salmon
- 3 halved, de-stoned ripe avocados
- 6 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Toasted seeds (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- If you are using fresh lentils, cook them following the instructions on the package, then drain and cool.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and harissa together to make the dressing.
- Season with salt.
- Tip the lentils into a bowl and the stir in the dressing.
- Stir through the kale and beets.
- Divide the salmon between 6 serving dishes.
- Top with the lentil mixture.
- Top each one with an avocado half.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the avocado (this stops it going brown).
- Now divide the cottage cheese between each plate.
- Add the poppy seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Add some toasted seeds too if using (sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or pine nuts)
- Grind over salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Types of Bath Tubs and Bath TapsBathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want. There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both. Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best .....
- Tom Kha Gai Soup Recipe | Quick and EasyThis delicious Thai tom kha gai soup recipe is made with 10 ingredients only plus a few optional extras for serving. We are using chicken and mushrooms to make this, along with typical Thai ingredients like galangal, lemongrass, lime, coriander, coconut, fish sauce and palm sugar to make it. This is a tasty, filling Thai chicken soup recipe and it’s also therapeutic if you’re under the weather or suffering from a cold or the flu. The chicken and vegetables are nourishing while the steam from the soup helps with decongestion. As for the garnish, we like to present this traditional tom kha gai soup recipe with cilantro, chilies, .....
- Quick Mackerel Pate RecipeIf you are in a hurry it’s good to know that you can make this quick mackerel pate recipe in a matter of minutes. Smoked mackerel fillets are used for this pate as well as soft cheese, onions, lemon and tabasco. Serve this pate with melba toast or crackers and perhaps some grapes or basil leaves for garnish. Homemade is Always Best Buying pate from the shop is easy but homemade pate is always in a league of its own. In fact there is no comparison between the two. If you want to make a nice starter recipe for a dinner party then consider mackerel paté and you will be very tempted. Soft cheese, spring onions and lemon work harmoniously .....
- A Great Dipping Sauce for WontonsMany people are eager to start making the best and most easy wonton recipes but wait – what are you going to serve with the wontons? If you are serving them in soup then that is one thing but if not, you might like to serve a wonton dipping sauce on the side, to dip your steamed, baked or fried wontons into. You are going to need a tasty dipping sauce for wontons. A wonton dipping sauce can be something out of a bottle such as soy sauce, oyster sauce or chili sauce, or it can be something you make yourself. Consider the wonton filling when thinking about what type of wonton dipping sauce to prepare. Examples of a Good Dipping Sauce for .....
- 30 of the Best Easy Chili RecipesLook at this tempting selection of recipes and consider making chili for dinner tonight. After reading some of these easy chili recipes perhaps you won’t be able to resist! Nothing beats yummy chili, after all. Chili con carne is so simple to make and it is really flavorful. Here we have not only 30 recipes for chili but also plenty of hints and tips to ensure yours comes out really well, and also some videos and other suggestions to ensure your best chili recipes are always a huge success, and something you will eagerly anticipate making again and again. Chili con carne has a rich history with much speculation regarding where the dish .....
- Duck Breast a l’Orange with Grand MarnierEasy to make yet sure to deliver a flavor that wows, duck breast a l’orange makes a fantastic dinner, whether you are serving it up to the family or considering what to make for a dinner party or special occasion. Our duck breast a l’orange recipe combines duck breast with orange, Grand Marnier for a special touch, cream, and bouillon, and the result is a perfectly balanced dish. If you do not want to buy a whole bottle of Grand Marnier (or similar orange liqueur) just get a miniature, or even omit it if you prefer. This duck breast recipe is easy enough for any home cook to manage with ease, even if it is your first time .....
- Asian Meatballs with Sweet Chili SauceThis is a wonderful recipe and it is also low in carbs. I love this Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce recipe because I never get tired of the taste. I used to own the site Crackslaw.com where you could find out how to make all kinds of crack slaw recipes, something else that offers a wonderful Asian flavor. I’ve since moved them all on to this blog, so look at our low carb category and you will find plenty more ideas. Anyway, back to the Asian meatballs with sweet chili sauce. I had some ground beef to use up and some other bits and pieces and I asked my sister for inspiration and she came up with the idea to make these delicious .....
- How to Cook Gammon SteakGammon steak is one of the most delicious treats you can have for your dinner. Learn how to cook gammon steak and you will be able to make a delicious meal. If you have not enjoyed this juicy treat in a while you might be in the mood for it tonight, in which case read on and find out how to prepare it like a pro for juicy and succulent results. Gammon steak cooks quickly and some people accidentally overcook it, which you will want to avoid. What is Gammon Steak Anyway? If you are in the UK you will probably already know what gammon is, but our friends across the Pond might not! Gammon comes from an Old Northern French word .....
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....
- Easy Wonton Recipes with PorkWontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become. Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or .....