Having a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices.
This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups.
A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. However if you want a spinach & artichoke dip in particular, add some in there!
The dip comes out an off-white color because of the ingredients that go into it. Use canned artichokes or try our recipe for preparing fresh artichokes for a superior result.
Artichoke Dip Recipe: Lusciously Creamy
Just like with any other artichoke dip, the appeal of this one lies mostly in its creaminess. A mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream means you get plenty of creamy appeal, while the parmesan cheese and lemon elevate the flavor of this artichoke dip even more.
This is a really delicious recipe to make and once you have made it once you are sure to want to make it again. You can throw this together in 10 minutes and it only needs about 20 minutes in the oven to make it nice and hot.
Zesty Artichoke Dip
Combine artichoke hearts with cream, mayo, cheese, lemon and red onion, to make this delicious dip. This is a dip which is best heated in the oven and served warm with bread, chips or crudites.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: American
- 120ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 120ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 400g (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 110g (4 oz) grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50g (2 oz) red onion, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan and onion.
- Add the lemon juice, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper.
- Put this mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until light brown on the top.
- Instead of sour cream and mayo, you could use sour cream, mayo and cream cheese if you prefer a thicker dip.
- Serve this hot or enjoy it as a cold artichoke dip by chilling it for an hour or so. Personally I love it warm from the oven!
Keywords: artichoke dip recipe, easy artichoke dip, how to make artichoke dip, warm artichoke dip, cold artichoke dip, how do you make artichoke dip
Artichoke hearts have a special and unique flavor and you can find them in risottos, soups and other dishes. What is really great about them is how good they are for making dips, and especially creamy dips. Take this artichoke dip recipe for example.
The artichoke offers its own special taste as well as the nutrients and health benefits always associated with veggies.
Then you have the rich creaminess too, so you can enjoy this with crudités, crackers, bread or anything else you wish to dip. Try tortilla chips perhaps, or even celery stalks, or offer a selection of dip-friendly foods!
Image courtesy of The Pageman, on Flickr.com