If you’re looking for a great ribs recipe but using the oven instead of the grill, this oven baked short ribs recipe is certainly worth considering. It’s easy to make and the kitchen is going to smell incredible when you make this wonderful meal.
What You Need for Oven Baked Short Ribs
We are baking the ribs in the oven and adding a delicious sauce made with peach preserves, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, paprika, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. These oven baked short ribs are really tasty and falling-apart tender. The whole family will enjoy this succulent treat.
What Kind of Ribs for Oven Baked Short Ribs?
We are using meaty bone-in beef short ribs to make this oven baked short ribs dish, but if you are using boneless short ribs you might need to use more ribs or reduce the amount of sauce, depending on how meaty they are.
Serve your oven baked short ribs with cornbread, corn on the cob, potato salad, green salad, steamed asparagus, broccoli salad, pasta salad or anything else you want on the side, although some good old Southern side dishes are always a great bet with such a recipe.Print
Barbequed Short Ribs
Meaty beef short ribs are combined with delicious ingredients like peach preserves, lemon, sugar, paprika and more, and the result will be falling-apart ribs which everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) meaty bone-in beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup (65g) peach preserves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Arrange the ribs on a rack over a shallow baking pan.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine everything else in a small saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat until thickened, stirring all the time.
- Set this sauce aside.
- Remove the ribs and rack from pan and discard the fat.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F (180°C).
- Return the ribs to the pan, then you can pour the sauce over them.
- Bake uncovered, basting occasionally, for an hour to 1 1/2 hours or until the ribs are tender.
Photo by John Benson, on Flickr