How does a warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots sound to you? This is a really satisfying recipe, and one of those you will be happy you made. Here, spinach is teamed with spinach and shallots, as well as garlic, nutmeg and even some hard-boiled egg if you like.
Go ahead and add all your favorite ingredients to this warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots. Go ahead and personalize this salad as much as you want. It is going to taste great anyway.
The result is a salad which is ideal for the cooler months and can be served alongside any meat, poultry or even seafood dish. Or you can enjoy the warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots by itself, as a light lunch, or add some buttered bread alongside, just to make it go a little further.
This is a salad-and-a-half because you have all the elements of salad in there but also added benefits like the fact this is served warm, the fact it has some crunch to it, and of course the fact it features bacon!
Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and Shallots: Optional Additions
Whether you add parmesan and/or croutons to the finished warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots is up to you, and it is just as good without them (well not for me, but I’m a real bacon fan!) The egg is also optional and if you just want the spinach and bacon flavors you may omit it.
Perhaps you are looking for new recipes for salad, in which case consider this recipe because it really is tasty, and it is easy to make as well.Print
Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and Shallots
Spinach is served with bacon, garlic and eggs to bring out its lovely and unique flavor. Served warm, this makes a comforting side dish and it goes well with meat or chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 6 (Side Dish) or 4 (Appetizer) 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: USA (Traditional)
- 2 lbs (900g) spinach leaves
- 4 chopped thick-cut bacon slices
- 3 thinly sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Salt, black pepper and ground nutmeg, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Parmesan flakes, for topping (optional)
- Croutons (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon to the skillet and brown it.
- Take the bacon out and put the shallots and garlic in the pan to cook 3 or 4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan using the vinegar.
- Put the spinach in the pan and turn it a few times (don’t cook it).
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, just a pinch of each.
- Divide the spinach mixture between 6 plates (or 4 if it’s an appetizer not a side dish).
- Top the spinach with the quartered eggs, bacon and cheese shavings (if liked) as well as croutons (if liked).