Crackslaw is usually made with Chinese ingredients but add some Teriyaki sauce and you get a sweeter result which also has a distinct Japanese flair. Whether you are counting your carbs or simply looking for something really tasty, this Japanese chicken crackslaw recipe is a real winner. Perhaps you have made the classic crack slaw recipe before and you wonder what a similar dish but made with slightly different flavors would taste like, in which case try this recipe for a change of pace.
You may use canned or fresh chicken. It should be cooked before adding it to the recipe, so this is a great dish to make if you have leftover chicken to use up. Alternatively try using turkey for a slightly different result.
This Japanese chicken crackslaw recipe has fewer ingredients than some of the others. You may shred cabbage and carrot yourself or else use a bag of coleslaw mix. These are basically the same thing. I tend to get the coleslaw mix, since it works out about the same price, at least here, and it saves time. I can pick up a bag of it on sale sometimes to make a very economic dinner which is high in flavor but low in carbs. Continue reading
Cut the carbs in your diet by using seafood and low carb ingredients to make a tasty meal. This crab crackslaw recipe features crab instead of the beef used in the original recipe.
This is a rich, spicy recipe so the crab flavor is not so strong but that is what we are aiming for here, a dish with a hint of seafood flavor. And lots of typical crackslaw flavor.
Crab is recommended if you are low-carbing but if you want to replace the crab with crabsticks or imitation crab watch out, because those do contain carbs and sometimes sugars which you obviously want to avoid when making low carb crab crackslaw.
Canned crab is an economical alternative to fresh crab, so perhaps that would be the best choice, since the spicy flavors mask some of the crab flavor anyway. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This pork crack slaw recipe is really good if you want to make use pork in a low carb dish. Featuring ginger, garlic and green onions, this pork crack slaw recipe has a strong Asian theme which you will love. The original crackslaw recipe is Asian and, while you can theme your crackslaw on Greek, Italian or another cuisine, the Chinese recipes always taste best, at least in my opinion.
Ground pork is a budget choice and while it is often used to make meatballs or burgers it is also great in this recipe because it suits the Asian flavors and soaks up all the different tastes. It just works well!
Pork Crack Slaw: Maybe Try a Ground Beef/Pork Mix
Where I live you can’t buy ground pork, you can only get ground half-and-half, which is half pork half beef. I’ve used that in this recipe and it’s been fine.
That’s the great thing about crackslaw recipes – you can change them up however you want, adding a bit of this or a bit of that, and altering the end result. I could always grind my own pork I guess, but I’m happy with the half-half mix so I haven’t done that yet. Just see what ground meat you can get or what is on sale and rest assured it will make a tasty crackslaw. Make sure you double-check it’s 100% meat though, no sugar added. You don’t want sugar in a low carb pork crack slaw recipe. Continue reading
This is a video for you to watch and wow, this buffalo crackslaw recipe looks so good! The chef uses the main crackslaw recipe, but watching him cook is a sheer delight. If you want to make something different, consider this recipe and you will find it easy to stick to your low carb diet and not feel deprived whatsoever.
Mmm, you can almost smell this through your monitor. If you are new to making this dish then watching someone else cook it first is always handy.
There is nothing difficult about making buffalo slaw but you might be curious about preparing the ingredients, cooking the mixture in the pan, or even what the dish should be looking like at various stages of the cooking, so if you are brand new to the world of crackslaw just sit back and take a look at this video. Continue reading
If you want to try something brand new, this Thai vegetarian crackslaw recipe offers an aromatic Asian flavor. Use Quorn, TVP (textured vegetable protein) or your favorite vegetarian meat alternative as well as julienne-cut veggies to make this dish commonly known as veggie crack or vegetable crackslaw.
You will love the fragrant Thai flavors this dish offers, and probably want to make it again and again. This dish is low in carbs yet high in flavor.
Thai Vegetarian Crackslaw
If you want to use meat or poultry by all means go ahead. Just ensure it is fully cooked before adding the other ingredients to the pan. This recipe offers a wonderful taste of Southeast Asia and you won’t regret making Thai vegetarian crackslaw. In fact, I promise you’ll want to make it again and again! Continue reading
Say you are in a hurry and you want to make some of your favorite recipe but you only have 10 minutes to spare – what can you do? The answer is to make 10 minute crackslaw. Rather than cooking the meat and vegetables separately, you will be saving time by cooking everything together.
I always used to make the dish the regular way, which meant frying the meat, draining it, cooking the vegetables, then adding the meat back in and the seasonings, but since fat is not ‘the enemy’ when low carb eating you don’t even have to drain the meat after browning it, although if you’re using high-fat ground meat you might prefer to.
10 Minute Crackslaw Tip: Keep Stirring!
The key to making this Thai vegetarian crackslaw work is to stir, stir and stir! A lot of Chinese recipes are made in the wok and you need to stir constantly, keeping the heat as high as you can without allowing the ingredients to burn. This recipe is similar.
Keep those ingredients moving and they will cook faster. As soon as the beef is browned all over with no pink remaining, serve the crackslaw. Whether the veggies are soft, al dente or a little crunchy it will be good. Continue reading
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....
- Herring, Potato and Dill Salad RecipeFish and potatoes have been served together for centuries and dill complements both of them. Sour cream, mayonnaise and gherkins finish off this delicious fish starter recipe perfectly. This herring, potato and dill salad recipe is easy to make and suits any occasion. Simple But a Nice Balance There are not many ingredients in this tasty herring recipe and that is because they would be unnecessary. This is a perfectly balanced dish and one of our more interesting starter recipes. Herrings are delicious and if you want ideas for fish starters, this is well worth considering......
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Vegetable Jeon Recipe – Korean PancakesIf you are looking for something new and delicious, why not try this jeon (pronounced ‘jun’) recipe? Our vegetable jeon recipe is simple to prepare and there are various tweaks you can employ to add your own touch to the flavor. Jeon is a tasty Korean dish which you will love and this recipe combines vegetables with Asian seasonings to make the tastiest little bites. Vegetable Jeon Recipe: So Addictive and Yummy Try this vegetable jeon recipe once and you will be hooked because the crispy texture and amazing flavor make these a lovely appetizer, snack or meal. In Korea the word jeon refers to food coated in egg and flour, and .....
- A Great Dipping Sauce for WontonsMany people are eager to start making the best and most easy wonton recipes but wait – what are you going to serve with the wontons? If you are serving them in soup then that is one thing but if not, you might like to serve a wonton dipping sauce on the side, to dip your steamed, baked or fried wontons into. You are going to need a tasty dipping sauce for wontons. A wonton dipping sauce can be something out of a bottle such as soy sauce, oyster sauce or chili sauce, or it can be something you make yourself. Consider the wonton filling when thinking about what type of wonton dipping sauce to prepare. Examples of a Good Dipping Sauce for .....
- Corned Beef Hash with a TwistThis corned beef hash recipe is fantastic and it is versatile enough to be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or just a comfort food snack if you are in the mood for it. The twist is the cream in the recipe and even though that might sound like an odd ingredient for corned beef hash it totally transforms it from good to great, so give this recipe a try and this might be how you make your corned beef hash from now on. As well as the potatoes and corned beef you will need butter and cream to add a luxurious mouth feel, onion and bell pepper to add nutrients, color and crunch, and some eggs if you wish to garnish your corned beef hash with fried eggs .....
- Squid Cooking TipsCooking squid is not difficult and it is important to be aware of that. Too many cooks quit before they even begin, not knowing how straightforward this type of seafood is to prepare. Read the following squid cooking tips and find out how to prepare and cook this wonderful ‘fruit of the sea’. Step by Step Guide If you are faced with a whole squid the first thing you need to do is pull the tentacles away from the body. Reach up inside the body for the quill, which is going to feel like a shard of plastic. Pull this down, out of the squid, and throw it away. Rinse inside the ‘hood’ (squid body) with cold running water. .....
- Bring Modern Kitchen Trends into Your HomeModern kitchen trends can be daunting and many homeowners are concerned that they will dominate the house or not look right, or they find another reason to stick with the old stuff. However, if you research the different trends correctly, and ensure that you choose wisely, your kitchen will look and feel fantastic. You can include as many or as few of the modern kitchen trends as you want, and they can enhance your kitchen ensuring that you add personality to the room. Deciding Which Modern Kitchen Trends to Choose There are many different ways that you can enhance your kitchen and ensure that you include modern trends which will not cost .....
- Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with FetaThis Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming. Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much .....
- Beautiful Pandora Charm Bracelet IdeasPretty much every girl and woman knows about Pandora charm bracelets, and there is no doubt these are an exciting piece of jewelry. You can choose from silver or gold, pick out the charms that mean something special to you, and change them whenever you like, perhaps considering green and red charms around Christmas time, romantic pink ones for Valentine’s, fun summer ones for the summer, and so on. There are lots of Pandora charm bracelet ideas regardless of your personal style. Perhaps you want to buy a baby-related charm when you have a child or another one. Let your Pandora charm bracelet tell the story of your life and give it .....