Authentic Stetson Salad Recipe
This is my favorite salad right now. The flavors are simply amazing and I adore this stetson salad recipe. I am a fan of chopped salad anyway and often make cobb salad for dinner, but once I heard about this one I just had to find out more about it, and it’s definitely my number one favorite now!
The ingredients in a stetson salad recipe are colorful and tasty, and the dressing goes beautifully with the flavors in this Stetson salad. This salad is one of the most popular items on the menu at Cowboy Ciao, a restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona. Depending where you live you might not be able to get all the ingredients for Stetson salad but that’s OK because they’re quite easy to tweak.
If you don’t like smoked salmon, for example, you can use chopped chicken breast in the stetson salad recipe instead. If you can’t get Asiago cheese then fresh parmesan makes a good substitute. Likewise, you can swap the dried berries for currants or raisins.
Some people swap the pearl couscous (Israeli couscous) for regular couscous or even quinoa, but I love pearl couscous. Cook it for 11 minutes though, not 12 (on the package it will probably say 11 or 12) else it gets too sticky and will stick to your hands and the plate when you’re trying to make the rows.
What’s in a Stetson Salad Recipe Dressing
The dressing is gorgeous and blends buttermilk, pesto, aioli, and other flavors. You will have some left over but it keeps for a week in the refrigerator so go ahead and make it, then you can use it on future salads.
Stetson salad can be arranged in rows or you can arrange rows on a bed of greens or on a bed of pearl couscous. You can even toss everything together if you prefer to mix it all up.
How to Make Stetson Salad Recipe Dressing
The dressing for this is what really brings the ingredients to life. You can either make or buy the pesto and/or aioli, depending how much time you have. I usually use store-bought pesto, but for the aioli I just throw some mayonnaise and garlic cloves into the food processor and make it that way, for a fresher flavor.
They do sell a nice aioli here though. It’s higher in calories and fat than what I make but it’s really tasty. The following recipe makes about twice the dressing you need, so either halve it or make it like that and then enjoy it the following day with some veggies for lunch! Everyone is sure to love this stetson salad recipe. The flavors are amazing.
- 1 cup (340g) uncooked pearl couscous
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup (60g) crumbled Asiago cheese
- ½ cup (60g) salted, roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (60g) dried blackcurrants
- 1 cup (180g) roasted dried corn kernels
- 1 cup (50g) chopped arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup (200g) chopped smoked salmon
- ½ cup (125g) aioli (or just under ½ cup mayo plus a garlic clove)
- ½ cup (125g) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60g) basil pesto
- 1 diced small shallot
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the pearl couscous in boiling water for 11 minutes or until tender.
- Drain it then let it cool.
- Combine the Asiago, pumpkin seeds and dried blackcurrants (this will be one row).
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and whiz to blend.
- Taste it and add salt if necessary (it might not need it).
- Arrange the ingredients in rows, pushing each to the side with your hand to make space for the next.
- Serve with some dressing drizzled over and the rest on the side.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Folding Bikes ReviewA folding bike will fold into a compact form when not being used, which makes both storage and transportation easier. Fold the bike after using it and it can be carried into your apartment easily or stored in your car. You can also transport a folding bicycle on a plane or boat. Find out which one is the best for you by reading a folding bikes review and prepare to enjoy your new ride. The folding mechanisms for such bikes vary and each kind of mechanism differs, so it pays to examine the different kinds available and consider such things as how many parts the bike comes in, the folding ease and speed, how compact the bike is, how much it .....
- Cilantro Shrimp Wonton SoupSome people make wonton soup by dropping their filled wontons into their prepared stock and letting them simmer in there but others prefer to cook the wontons in water and then add them to the soup, so as not to make the soup cloudy. Since you are the cook and the one who is going to be eating the dish, it is totally up to you. You can prepare your cilantro shrimp wonton soup however you prefer. The first few times I made cilantro shrimp wonton soup I put the wontons directly in the soup mixture and let them cook in there, but then I experimented with cooking them in water and then lifting them into warmed serving bowls using a slotted spoon .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes RecipeSo what do you do when you have leftover mashed potatoes? It’s a waste to throw them out, but who wants to reheat them and risk cold lumps or dried out mash? Let me come to your rescue with my best leftover mashed potatoes recipe ideas. Through experimenting I’ve come up with a really good way to use up leftover mashed potato, and this recipe is easy to make and really good. It goes with everything! I made the original mashed potatoes using half Carisma and half sweet potato (my husband’s diabetic so we avoid regular mash) but as usual I made too much! One of the Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ideas I mashed a little .....
- Amazing Chocolate Walnut CakeThis is a rich and tasty chocolate walnut cake featuring all the best sweet flavors that go amazingly together. Chocolate cake is good, as is walnut cake, but combine the two and – bam! You have an incredible cake boasting the rich taste of chocolate and the distinctive crunch of walnut in every mouthful. This cake is easy to prepare and decorating it with the ganache is a breeze. To make this flavorful cake you are going to need butter, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, eggs, sugar and walnuts. The frosting uses cream and dark chocolate along with some more walnuts to garnish the finished cake. When to Make this Chocolate Walnut Cake This .....
- Lahmacun Turkish Pizza RecipeEveryone loves pizza but perhaps you are becoming a little bored with your usual pepperoni or meat feast option. In that case, it might be high time you try something brand new like our lahmacun Turkish pizza recipe. Just about every cultures has its own take on pizza. It really is a global phenomenon. In Turkey, lahmacun is a typical dish, and it is basically a pizza base topped with meat and Turkish flavors. What Goes on Top of a Lahmacun Turkish Pizza Recipe Also known as an Armenian pizza recipe, a lahmacun Turkish pizza recipe is usually topped with either lamb or beef, along with minced veggies and herbs, including tomatoes, onions and .....
- Easy Pan Fried Tuna with a Sesame CrustThis tuna with a sesame crust is a fabulous way to showcase the wonderful flavor of fresh tuna, and you will not believe just how easy this recipe is to make, even if you’re new to cooking fresh fish or don’t often do it Even a total novice in the kitchen will be able to pull this recipe off and end up with a very impressive dish. To make it, you just need some tuna steaks and sesame seeds, both black and white, and then some oil for frying and salt to add extra flavor. In addition to that you will need a big nonstick skillet. Tips for Cooking Tuna with a Sesame Crust There is nothing hard about cooking fresh fish, especially not .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....
- Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and ShallotsHow does a warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots sound to you? This is a really satisfying recipe, and one of those you will be happy you made. Here, spinach is teamed with spinach and shallots, as well as garlic, nutmeg and even some hard-boiled egg if you like. Go ahead and add all your favorite ingredients to this warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots. Go ahead and personalize this salad as much as you want. It is going to taste great anyway. The result is a salad which is ideal for the cooler months and can be served alongside any meat, poultry or even seafood dish. Or you can enjoy the warm spinach salad with bacon and .....
- Watermelon Mint Detox WaterDetox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar. The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon .....