How pretty do these salmon pate stuffed eggs look? This recipe takes deviled eggs to the next level, by combining the egg yolk with salmon, lemon and creamy ingredients to make a pale pink, delicious-tasting appetizer. One or two egg halves per person is a good estimate although some people won’t be able to stop munching on these lovely little snacks.
There are different ways to prepare these. You can make them the traditional way by slicing the eggs in half lengthwise or you could remove a wedge from the top (like in the picture) for a different look.
How to Add the Salmon Pate Stuffed Eggs Filling
The filling is better piped in with a piping bag (or a plastic bag with the corner cut off) but if you don’t have one or you don’t want to pipe, you can simply spoon the filling in.
Chill the salmon deviled eggs for half an hour then serve them perhaps with some snipped chives on top or with some fresh herb sprigs. Maybe add some lemon wedges to the platter too.
This tasty snack is easy to prepare and you can make them ahead, making them ideal buffet food or party snacks. If you’re making them any more than half an hour ahead though, cover them with plastic wrap before popping them in the refrigerator.
Be careful not to wrap them too tight – you won’t want to ruin your carefully piped filling!Print
Creamy Salmon Pate Stuffed Eggs
Eggs are filled with a creamy salmon filling, flavored with Worcestershire sauce and lemon. Not only do these salmon pate stuffed eggs look beautiful but they make tasty appetizers for a crowd.
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 oz (60g) softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 4 oz (120g) smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Put the yolks in the food processor with the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, salmon, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce chives and black pepper.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the egg whites.
- Chill for 30 minutes then serve these salmon pate stuffed eggs.
Photo by: Apolonia, at FreeDigitalPhotos.net