These baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat.
A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings
The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish.
Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked chicken wings will be very similar.
This baked chicken wings recipe can be doubled or tripled easily enough if you want to feed a crowd rather than just make a snack or meal for a couple of people.
The chicken wings refrigerate well and they even stay crispy so you can enjoy them cold the next day with a salad perhaps, or take some to work with you.
Easy and Sure to Be Popular
This easy baked chicken wings recipe is one you will find yourself making often because the chicken is so flavorful and it comes out moist and juicy. Also, this is a good recipe if you are watching your figure because it’s healthier than fried chicken.Print
Spicy Oven-Baked Wings
This healthy baked chicken wings recipe is cooked in the oven rather than being fried. The paprika and cayenne spiked flour coating gets really crispy sealing in all those delicious meaty juices.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- 10 chicken wings, tips removed
- 1⁄3 cup (45g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut the wings at the joints.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Ensure the chicken wings are thawed and use paper towels to dry them.
- Mix the flour with the paprika, pepper, garlic salt and cayenne pepper in a Ziploc bag.
- Shake to mix, then add the wings and shake again.
- Put foil on a baking sheet and melt the butter on it in the oven.
- Add the wings to the baking sheet and turn to coat.
- Bake in the oven for half an hour.
- Turn them over and bake for another 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve these baked chicken wings hot or warm.