This easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes dish is a wonderful recipe for busy weeknights. All you need to do is add the chicken with the other ingredients to an ovenproof dish and then bake it until the chicken is cooked through. Yes it really is that easy to make this wonderful easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes meal!
Recipes like this appeal to the whole family from the smallest to the most senior, and you can either make the recipe as it is written, or take a look in your refrigerator and see which vegetables you have which can be used up.
Serve the finished baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes, with broccoli and fries, or even on a bed of fluffy white rice. Who could resist this easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes? Not me.
There are many serving ideas to choose from, so just pick your favorite. If you are adding extra vegetables to the dish, forget serving veggies on the side and just have potatoes, rice or pasta perhaps. You might like to change the ingredients as well as the side dishes every time you make this. It really is a super-versatile recipe.
Baked Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes: Quick and Easy
You can make this easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes dish in about 40 minutes flat, and that includes the cooking time. The exact time depends on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, as well as your oven, but this is quick and easy to make anyway, and certainly a recipe you will want to make again and again.
Check the chicken is done before serving. There should not be any pink in the middle and you can also use a meat thermometer to check it is 165F in the thickest part. Chicken should always be properly cooked, for safety reasons.Print
Easy Baked Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes
This recipe for moist chicken breasts includes tomatoes, cheese and mushrooms. It is quick and easy to prepare, and the flavor is perfect. The whole family will love this speedy weeknight recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb or 450g in total)
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 3 chopped fresh tomatoes (or a 14 oz/400g can of tomatoes, drained)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 sliced button mushrooms
- 1 minced garlic clove or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Handful of shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Fresh parsley and chives, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Spread the onions on to the bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Put the chicken on top.
- Mix together the tomatoes, mushrooms, dressing and garlic.
- Pour this over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese(s).
- Bake for half an hour or until the chicken is done and no longer pink in the center.
- The chicken should be 165F (75C) in the thickest part.
- Serve hot, with a parsley and chive garnish if liked.