This hot and creamy crab dip recipe is lovely if you want something hot, creamy and with seafood in it. The crab is blended with cream cheese, Parmesan, hot sauce and more, for a hot and delicious dip.
The dip is not too firm or too runny, so you can use it for chips, crudités or anything else. Chips should not snap off when you dip them in because, well, that’s just annoying!
Easy Hot Creamy Crab Dip: Serve It Hot
Because this is a hot dip, you will need to serve it immediately. Feel free to make it in advance though and pop it in the oven when your guests start to arrive. It will smell good while it heats up in the oven and the top will begin to go golden brown after 20 minutes or so. That is your cue to serve it.
This hot and creamy crab dip is certainly something you might wish to bookmark because once you taste it you will want to make it again and again. The crab flavor is so good, especially when combined with the lemon, cheese and other great ingredients.
If you prefer a cold crab dip you can soften some cream cheese in the microwave then stir in drained canned crab, a little mayo or sour cream, salt, pepper and onion powder. That way you can make it in just a few minutes, but the following hot crab dip recipe is, in my humble opinion, much better!Print
Hot and Creamy Crab Dip
A creamy crab dip featuring crabmeat, which is ideal for dipping chips, breadsticks or vegetable crudités. You could also serve this with a baked potato. I like it with sour cream flavor Pringles.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb (1/2 kg) flaked cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 lb (1/4 kg) softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) grated parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Salt, to taste
- Baguette slices or crackers, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the horseradish, garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce, parmesan, cayenne and salt.
- Fold in the crabmeat.
- Put the crab dip in an ungreased 2-cup baking dish.
- Cook for about 22 minutes or until the top is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
- Use fresh or canned crab – canned crab must be thoroughly drained.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce if you like, or omit it for a milder tasting dip.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a fresh flavor, and fresh-grated parmesan for the best result.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 888mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 183mg
Keywords: creamy crab dip, best crab dip, easy crab dip, crab dip recipe, dipping sauce with crab