Thai curries are fragrant and aromatic, and this quick Thai green curry with chicken is no exception. Even though it can be on the table in under half an hour, the flavor is authentic and wonderful.
You are not going to be missing anything by making a speedy curry over one that has to be cooked for longer, or takes longer to make.
Quick Thai Green Curry with Chicken: Such Great Flavors
The following Thai green curry with chicken dish is based on chicken breasts and green curry paste, and it also features garlic, ginger and lime juice for aromatic flavor, mushrooms and mushroom soup.
Although Thai curry is usually made with coconut milk, but mushroom soup offers a different flavor which I am sure you will like.
To make this simple quick Thai green curry with chicken, just cook the spices, add the chicken and soup and let it simmer until everything is done. This can be served with rice or noodles. Jasmine rice is my preferred side dish. It is fragrant and goes beautifully with the green curry flavor.
If you would prefer to use shrimp or tofu, you can add one of those options instead of the chicken, adding them during the final 2 minutes because shrimp and tofu don’t take anywhere as near as long as chicken to cook.
Once shrimp turn pink they are done. Tofu just needs to warm through but use the extra-firm kind because the silken type just falls apart.Print
Quick Thai Green Curry with Chicken
Curry in a hurry is a perfect idea for a speedy weeknight meal. As well as chicken, this curry boasts ginger, garlic, lime, mushroom soup, cilantro and more.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Thai
- 2 cubed chicken breasts
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 sliced green onions
- Zest and juice of ½ lime
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Spray oil
- Chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
- Heat the spray oil and add the garlic, ginger, green onions, lime and green curry paste.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes.
- Add the soup, simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs (cilantro or basil go especially nicely).
- Use shrimp or tofu (add either of these in the final 2 minutes) instead of chicken if preferred.
- Use reduced fat mushroom soup to reduce the fat content of this curry.
Keywords: green thai curry, quick thai curry green