I first tried this gorgeous peanut butter wolf cocktail at Ruby Burgers in Queen Street, Exeter, currently my favorite American diner style restaurant in England! Although I don’t know the exact recipe they use, I have a copycat recipe for peanut butter wolf cocktail here which tastes very similar if you wish to recreate the flavor of this cocktail in your own home.
It’s not the healthiest beverage but hey, festive times are a-coming and it’s always worth having a cocktail recipe like this up your sleeve! And consider trying my copycat version of their hoisin duck brioche too!
Delicious Ingredients for Peanut Butter Wolf Cocktail
We are using chocolate ice cream, malted milk powder, peanut butter and milk as the main ingredients in this peanut butter wolf cocktail, adding a splash of bourbon (you can double the amount to make it more boozy if you wish) and also adding ice to get it cold and thick. Swap the malted milk powder for a tablespoon of Horlicks if you like (actually that’s always a good ingredient if you want to convert a basic ice cream shake into a malt shake).
What You Need to Make It
You will need a blender to whiz all the ingredients together and 4 glasses to serve the cocktail in. Whipped cream is great on top, either the homemade kind or the squirty kind, then you can add maraschino cherries, malt balls (Maltesers) and/or chocolate curls or a little bit of hot chocolate powder on top to finish it off. Bet you just love the flavor of this peanut butter wolf cocktail!Print
Ruby’s Copycat Peanut Butter Wolf Cocktail
This gorgeous chocolate cocktail is made with Bourbon, malt, ice cream and more. It is rich and thick, and it’s like having a delicious chocolatey dessert in a glass. Make this and you will love it!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups (500ml) chocolate ice cream
- 10 large ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (250ml) cold milk
- 2 fl oz (60ml) Buffalo Trace Bourbon (or another brand)
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) whipped cream, to serve
- 8 malt balls or Maltesers, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- 4 maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Put the ice cream, ice, malted milk powder, peanut butter, milk and Bourbon in a blender.
- Blend on low, turning the speed up until the drink is smooth.
- If it is too thick, add more milk and blend again.
- Divide the cocktail between 4 glasses and top with whipped cream.
- You can add optional garnishes too, like malt balls (Maltesers), chocolate shavings, or a cherry on top, if liked.
- Serve immediately and get the party started!
Leave out the Bourbon and this makes a delicious milkshake for the kids or for people who don’t want alcohol.