Salmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel.
This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well.
If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for chips, bread or veggie crudites. If you are serving this with mashed potatoes, simply ladle some of the extra sauce over those too. We are going to broil (UK: cook under the grill) the salmon for optimum results, and you will find the other ingredients add plenty of appeal to the overall flavor.
Flavoring Salmon in Mustard Cream Sauce
I like to use 2 or 3 garlic cloves, but feel free to reduce this to a single one (or omit it) depending on your preference. There are plenty of salmon recipes to choose from including lemon and lime salmon and Cajun grilled salmon.
But – if you want an elegant result for minimum effort, this salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is the one to opt for. Check out why this brain food is so good for you and then make this recipe – you won’t be disappointed!Print
Salmon in Mustard Cream Sauce
Delicious and healthy salmon filet is served with a rich and creamy sauce, for an easy weeknight meal which goes perfectly with your favorite type of potatoes and a green vegetable on the side.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 4 skinless salmon filets (about 6oz/170g each)
- Oil, melted butter or cooking spray, as needed
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves (or a pinch of garlic powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the broiler (UK: grill).
- Put the salmon filets on a broiler pan (UK: grill pan) and grease lightly with oil, butter or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with the garlic plus 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Broil for 6-8 minutes or until the salmon just starts to flake when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile you can combine the rest of the black pepper with the sour cream and remaining ingredients.
- Serve the salmon filets with the sauce spooned over.
- Remember when fish flakes ‘easily’ it is likely overdone. When it is just beginning to flake, it’s perfect. It will keep ‘cooking’ once removed from the heat!
- The sauce is cold and the salmon is warm, so as soon as you spoon the sauce over the fish, serve it up!
Keywords: salmon in mustard cream, mustard cream sauce, salmon with mustard