3 Ingredient Cajun Griddled Salmon
Salmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. It is high in omega-3’s which are essential for good health and the flavor is just amazing. That’s why I enjoy making this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe.
Sometimes I like to spice it up by adding Cajun, Mexican or Indian spices, but other times I like the salmon just as it is, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon or just some salt and pepper. Salmon is nice added to a risotto or quiche. There are so many things you can do with this wonderful fish.
The following 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe just requires 3 ingredients, and those are some Cajun seasoning which you can buy in a package, a little oil and the salmon itself. Griddling needs a high heat so you might not even want to use the oil.
3 Ingredient Cajun Griddled Salmon: Cooking Salmon Perfectly
Cook the fish over a high heat for a couple minutes a side and it won’t stick. This depends on your griddle pan. You can also poach, steam, fry, broil, grill or bake salmon, and the same principles apply. When it’s nearly ready to flake and hot all the way through, it’s done.
Serve this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon with a starch such as rice, potatoes or pasta, as well as a vegetable such as broccoli, zucchini, snow peas or corn on the cob. I like to serve it with 3-bean salad or sometimes with a baby leaf salad.
- 14 oz (400g) salmon filet (no skin, no bones)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, melted butter or a mix of both
- Rub the fat over the fish, if you are using fat, then sprinkle on the Cajun spices and rub them in.
- Heat the griddle pan over a very high heat then add the fish.
- Open a window (the spices might blacken and cause smoke!) and cook the fish for a couple of minutes.
- Flip it over using a wide, large spatula, then cook the other side until it's nearly flaking and hot all the way through.
- Serve with a wedge of lime if liked.
If you enjoy this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon, why not try a griddled steak recipe? You will get the same charred griddle-marks and the meat will come out really tender and tasty. Our griddled chicken breast recipe is also very tasty, not to mention low in fat and healthy too.