This raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw-style crack slaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already.
Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic!
Raw Crack Slaw: Tips
Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it alongside steak, chicken or fish, or just have it by itself.
You can make this and take it to work in a sealed container, enjoying it at room temperature, or make a batch and enjoy it over the course of the next few days as a tasty side dish or whenever you fancy a snack.
A lot of people are not sure which crack slaw recipe to make first, and I always suggest making a classic crack slaw recipe. This is simply because that is the original one unless you expressly want something raw or you don’t want to cook for whatever reason.
This is a nice recipe and it makes a change from regular hot crackslaw recipes but make sure you also try those!
Raw Crack Slaw: Satisfying and Crunchy
This coleslaw crack slaw recipe will satisfy you completely and the crunch is part of what makes it so good.
You could cook regular classic crack slaw to al dente but if it is crunch you want then make this version. The flavor won’t let you down and you will love the texture too.
If you fancy a change of pace but you still fancy the appeal that crack slaw offers and the filling result it has, you can’t go wrong with this tasty recipe.Print
Low Carb Coleslaw Crackslaw
This tasty treat is just like regular coleslaw except it features low carb ingredients. So if you want a tasty side dish for your meat, chicken or fish, try this low carb coleslaw recipe. You will be impressed with the flavors, the texture, everything in fact!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low Carb
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 orange (or yellow) bell pepper
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste
- 1/2 sliced chili pepper or 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Fresh orange or lime juice, to taste
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Finely shred the cabbage, and slice the peppers and onions finely.
- Whisk the citrus juice and vinegar until combined, then whisk in the oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chili if you want to use it.
- Add the vegetables and toss to mix.
- Let it stand for half an hour at room temperature (so the flavors can blend) then serve.
- Garnish with mint if you like, if you’re letting people serve themselves or making a potluck or buffet dish.
Keywords: chilled crack slaw, keto coleslaw, low carb coleslaw, crackslaw cold