I often make this dish because it is so simple, and all you need to make it are 2 ingredients – beef and BBQ sauce. Any tough cut of beef which needs to be braised or slow cooked will work, so opt for braising or stewing steak, or something like skirt or flank. You will also need a crockpot and it is up to you whether you want to cook this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe on high, medium or low.
How Long Should 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef Cook?
Use high and the beef will be done in about 5 hours. Double that for low, and guess somewhere in between the 2 for medium. Of course, the exact time depends on your crockpot and the meat you are using, but once you can easily pull the meat apart using a pair of forks it is ready to serve.
You can also keep this on your crockpot’s ‘keep warm’ setting for hours. Once the beef is tender it will not toughen if you keep it warm or cook it a little longer, making this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe rather foolproof!
Serve this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef with your favorite vegetables or some shredded iceberg lettuce if you prefer. You can also use it as a taco or fajita filling. I like to serve extra BBQ sauce at the table and add a little more to reinforce that lovely smoky, sweet flavor.
2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef: What Kind of BBQ Sauce to Use
Some recipes show you how to make your own BBQ sauce (scroll down to see a video about that if you want) but I like to use ready-made sauce to save time, usually choosing the smoky kind because I like the taste better.
Some of the juices will come out of the meat and combine with the sauce, thinning it. I usually just add a squeeze of sauce rather than measuring it out, but you will need about 1/4 of a cup, just enough to smear over the beef.Print
2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef
All you need to make crockpot beef is BBQ sauce and the beef itself. Leave it whole or shred it, and can serve it with veggies or use it for tacos, sandwiches, and so much more.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: USA (Traditional)
- 2 lbs (900g) stewing beef
- 1/4 cup (60ml) BBQ sauce
- Put the beef in the crockpot (leaving it whole is fine).
- Spread the BBQ sauce all over the beef using your fingertips.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or until the meat can be separated easily using 2 forks.
- Other ingredients you can add include chopped onion, hot sauce, minced garlic, dried herbs or chilies.
- You can serve this meat whole or shred it if you prefer.
- This beef freezes nicely so you might like to make a whole batch and freeze some of it.
- I usually flip the beef over halfway through the cooking time but this is optional.
Keywords: crockpot beef, slow cooker beef, bbq beef, barbecue beef
This video is worth a look too, if you want to see the process of making BBQ beef in the crockpot and also make the sauce yourself. Once you discover just how easy this recipe is you will want to make it often. Feel free to use pork instead for a change of flavor.