There are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake with real bananas is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good!
Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done.
How to Serve this Banana Cheesecake with Real Bananas
Serve this with a few banana slices if you like. If you are cutting the banana more than a few minutes before serving the cheesecake, coat the slices in lime or lemon juice else they will turn brown.
Save some cookie crumbs to sprinkle over the finished banana cheesecake and consider drizzling fudge or chocolate sauce over the finished dessert. However you choose to serve it, this is a recipe which is sure to be a huge hit with everyone at the dinner table.
This recipe will make 6 servings of banana cheesecake with real bananas but if you’re feeding some hungry people then it might stretch to 4 only. It depends how much you love cheesecake, but seriously this one is really good! Personally I like it with vanilla ice cream and some whipped cream on the side.Print
This banana cheesecake is sure to be a hit regardless of whether you are serving it as a snack with coffee or after a tasty main dish. We are using cream cheese, vanilla and more for a great result.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup (125ml) melted butter
- 2 lbs (900g) softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (cornflour)
- 2/3 cup (140g) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (155g) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix the cookie crumbs and butter and press into the base of a greased spring-form pan.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and light using an electric mixer.
- Now you can beat in the cornstarch and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat the mixture well after each addition.
- Add the cream, bananas and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set in the center.
- Let it cool completely then refrigerate uncovered for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Serve with banana slices and some fudge sauce if liked. You can also save some cookie crumbs to sprinkle over the finished cheesecake if you want.