There are lots of egg recipes to choose from if you want to enjoy eggs for breakfast, and this delicious, filling ingredient can be prepared in various ways. This cheese baked omelet is just one of your options.
Boiled, scrambled or fried eggs are always good. Or you can make an omelet, either conventionally on the stove, or, if your stove is crowded with other breakfast delights such as bacon, sausage and mushrooms being fried, you can make an omelet in the oven.
Keep things easy using just eggs, milk or cream and a little onion to give the omelet some crunch. You can also add extra vegetables like bell pepper, mushrooms or even some snipped chives or fresh basil.
More Cheese Baked Omelet Tips
The following cheese baked omelet recipe offers four servings, but this omelet keeps for several days in the refrigerator, so enjoy it the next day, maybe with fried or grilled mushrooms on the side or some wilted spinach. Consider this too: halve a tomato and bake that along with the omelet.
Baked omelets do not look like fried ones because the shape is different, but they do taste the same. It’s just a different cooking method, that’s all.Print
Cheese Baked Omelet
A baked omelet offers all the delicious flavor and texture of an omelet cooked on the stove. This recipe shows yo how to make a delicious cheese baked omelet. Why not add some chopped veggies too?
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk (any kind – whole, 2% fat, coconut milk, Half & Half etc)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- Small handful shredded cheddar cheese
- Small handful sliced red bell pepper (optional)
- Small handful sliced button mushrooms (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk the eggs with the milk or cream.
- Grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into a round casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the onion over the top, along with the cheese.
- Now add the mushrooms and/or bell pepper too if using.
- Bake the omelet for 20 minutes or until set.
- Cut it into wedges to serve, garnished with fresh parsley if you want.