This traditional sauce for Bolognese sauce is so good. Once you have made it you will never want to use a jar of spaghetti sauce again! Making your own is always best and this recipe is so easy as well.
Featuring ground beef and red wine for a full flavor, this easy spaghetti Bolognese sauce also includes garlic sausage or bacon, as well as garlic and mushrooms, for a gourmet flavor.
In fact this easy spaghetti Bolognese sauce would be special enough to serve at a dinner party. Everyone loves Italian food and serve this over fresh spaghetti with a sprig of green basil on top for a beautiful meal.
Serve a glass of Italian red wine on the side (Chianti and Montepulciano are good) to add to the Mediterranean feel of the meal. Perhaps offer some tiramisu for dessert just to make the meal even more Italian and memorable.
Sauce for Bolognese: See How Easy It Is
Most of this spaghetti Bolognese sauce recipe is just a question of adding the ingredients to a dish and pressing ‘cook’ on the microwave. That is honestly how easy it is.
Once this is cooking in there, put on a pot of pasta and then serve everything together, with some freshly grated parmesan for sprinkling over the top. Yum!
Making your own spag bol sauce means you can tweak it however you wish. Feel free to add extra components or leave ones out you don’t want to have. Here are a few ideas you might like to consider:
- Omit or leave out the garlic.
- Replace the mixed dried herbs with a pinch each of oregano, rosemary, basil, and anything else you want.
- This is a keto-friendly sauce for Bolognese and you can always replace the spaghetti with zucchini (courgette) noodles or palmini (low carb noodle replacement made from hearts of palm).
- Leave out the ground meat, sausage and/or bacon for a vegetarian version, perhaps replacing the beef with your favorite vegetarian meat alternative (such as Quorn or TVP).
Easy Sauce for Bolognese: How to Cook It
This pasta Bolognese sauce is made in the microwave for the sake of convenience. If you do want to cook it on the stove, you can. The cooking time will be about the same but there will be more stirring and watching to make sure it doesn’t stick or dry out.Print
Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce
Tasty sauce for Bolognese can be made in the microwave or pan but to keep your stove clutter-free the microwave option works just fine. This sauce is flavored with garlic and red wine.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 diced onion
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3½ oz (100g) sliced mushrooms
- ½ lb (225g) lean ground beef
- 3 fl oz (100ml) red wine
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 3½ oz (100g) diced garlic sausage or bacon
- 14 oz (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate (tomato paste)
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the onion, garlic, pepper and oil in a bowl.
- Microwave on ‘high’ for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on ‘high’ for 10 minutes.
- Then cook on ‘medium’ for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or any kind of cooked pasta.
- Cook the sauce for Bolognese on the stove if you prefer. It will take longer but if you have time you can expect a richer flavor from the slower cooking time.
Keywords: sauce for bolognese, spaghetti bolognese sauce, the best bolognese sauce, best recipe for bolognese sauce