This recipe is your best friend if you want to make a perfect vegetable omelet, and this is a skill everyone should know. Learning how to make vegetable omelet is very easy and you can serve this for any meal. Omelets can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and this recipe makes enough for 2 servings. You will love the perfect flavor and texture this offers.
How to Make Vegetable Omelet: Some Handy Tips
If you want to cut the fat and calories, swap the butter for margarine and use skim milk. You can also use reduced-fat cheese in it.
As for the vegetables, pretty much anything works. Tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, fresh herbs and bell pepper all go into my omelets regularly, and I love the addition of cheese too.
Sometimes I make Spanish omelet, which means using potatoes instead of the vegetables. I love the combination of eggs and potatoes. If you are learning how to make vegetable omelet you will definitely want to experiment with different veggies!
Use a medium skillet for making this, and keep the heat medium too. You don’t want the omelet to cook too fast or too slow. If you want to put the veggies into the omelet before it sets, rather than roll them in the finished cooked omelet, that is up to you.
How to Make a Veggie Omelette Recipe and How to Serve It
Serve this with potatoes or fries, and perhaps a simple green salad. If you are serving it for breakfast, a hash brown or 2 on the side would go well.
Omelets are great for satisfying your hunger, regardless of which meal you have one for, and kids love them too.
So that means you can rustle this recipe up anytime you want a speedy weeknight supper which will taste good and leave you feeling totally satisfied.
Omelets are versatile so you can add meat, poultry or even seafood if you want, or you can divide the mixture in half, adding veggies to one half and something else to the other half.
Do this in the pan perhaps and cut the omelet in half crosswise so each person gets a taste of each half. There are so many things you could do with omelets actually, so just use your imagination.
Once you get in the habit of making omelet for breakfast or for a snack, this tasty dish will just pop into your mind whenever you fancy a nice hot snack and you will love how easy they are to prepare, and also how many different kinds of omelet you can actually make. Now you know how to make vegetable omelet and can proceed with the recipe.Print
How to Make Vegetable Omelet
This delicious veggie omelet recipe, know across The Pond as a veggie omelette recipe, boasts such a wonderful flavor. Feel free to alter the veggies, using whatever you want to use. Serve a nice salad on the side or perhaps some fries.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: French
- 4 eggs (medium or large)
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 oz (57g) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes or until the veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies are cooking, beat the eggs with the milk, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Shred the cheese.
- Take the vegetables off the heat, transfer them to another bowl and sprinkle the last 1/4 teaspoon salt over them.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over a medium heat.
- Coat the skillet with the butter.
- When it is bubbly, add the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs start to set on the bottom of the pan.
- Lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow towards the edges.
- Keep cooking for another couple minutes or until the center of the omelet is looking dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the middle of the omelet.
- Fold one edge over the vegetables.
- Let the omelet cook for another couple minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Slide the omelet out of the skillet and on to a serving plate.
- Cut in half and serve right away.
- I like to use half red bell pepper and half green
- Add some chili powder or cayenne for a touch of spice
- Serving Size: 1/2 omelet
- Calories: 386
- Sodium: 1158
- Fat: 29.8
- Carbohydrates: 9.1
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 21.7
- Cholesterol: 481
Keywords: vegetable omelet recipe, veggie omelet, veggie omelette recipe,