A papadzules recipe is the perfect Mexican recipe for those times when you want authentic south of the border food. Theses are a great way to treat the family with some traditional Mexican recipes that they will love. Resembling enchiladas, these consist of filled tortillas with a sauce on top, and are a must-make if you want to sample true Yucatan cuisine.
Most households serve Mexican recipes like this one for dinner because they are cheap and affordable to make. You can fill their bellies without draining your wallets. Make the best ever recipe for papadzules and learn the secrets to real Spanish cooking.
Friends and family will be begging you for your recipe for papadzules. This is a traditional egg and tortilla dish that is very inexpensive to make. Your kids will be begging you to make this recipe after they taste the first bite.
Papadzules Recipe: How to Serve Them
Make this recipe for your Mexican breakfast buffet or brunch. Serve it as a dinner recipe or a breakfast recipe. No matter how you love to eat yours, try making this one for something new.
Eating out gets so expensive but when you can make an authentic Mexican tamale recipe at home you don’t have to spend as much.
Eating home allows you to save money and time. You don’t have to worry about gas, traffic and other people upsetting you at the restaurant. Just make this papadzules recipe at home and enjoy all the Mexican food has to offer.
You can make this papadzules recipe for any occasion but it’s especially good for breakfast with the family. There are so many time when you wish you could have something different and unique for breakfast and here you have it.
A wonderful recipe for papadzules is a true Yucatan tradtion. Make this recipe for anyone you love and find out why it’s as popular as it is. Everyone is going to be begging you to make this recipe papadzules every time they come over.Print
Papadzules Recipe | What are Mexican Papadzules?
These papadzules are made with eggs, chicken, chilies, and more, and this creamy Mexican dish is both flavorful and very satisfying. Try this once and you will really love it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 onions (1 peeled and chopped, the other halved)
- 6 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 roasted, seeded, peeled serrano chilies
- 3 cups (300g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 7 peeled garlic cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lard or oil
- 2 sprigs epazote
- Grind the pumpkin seeds into a paste, adding water to the mixture.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the onion halves, half the garlic, the jalapeno, and a sprig of epazote.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then strain the broth and discard the herbs and vegetables.
- Fry the tomatoes, remaining garlic, chopped onion, oregano, roasted serrano chilies and salt in the lard or oil until sauce gets reddish pink.
- Warm the tortillas and dip them into the sauce with tongs.
- Arrange them on a warmed plate and put a couple of tablespoons of chopped egg down the middle of each.
- Roll them up and arrange seam side down in the dish.
- Repeat with three stuffed tortillas on each plate.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top then pour the tomato salsa over the middle of the tortillas.
- Finish off with more chopped egg.
- At first glance people will be very curious about this dish, since it does not resemble any other Mexican dish, but anyone familiar with papadzules will recognize this exciting meal at once.
- Based on corn tortillas, vegetables and eggs, the pumpkin seeds and Mexican herbs and spices give this the typical look and flavor.
- The wonderful sauce poured over the rolled up tortillas looks really good and this is a great dish to make if you want to impress a group of people, or treat yourself to some authentic Mexican cooking.
Keywords: papadzules recipe
Photo by Kevin, on Flickr