There are plenty of ways to cook salmon filets, which is good news if you love this tasty, healthy fish. Salmon is one of the most popular choices when it comes to fish, along with tuna and cod. These 3 fish are often known as ‘the big 3’ because they are so popular. Salmon has a distinctive flavor which pairs well with just about any cuisine, whether you are adding teriyaki and sesame seeds, hoisin or soy sauce for an Asian feel, lemon and parsley along with white wine for a Western European dish, or even barbecue sauce, avocado and tortillas for a Tex-Mex feast.
So what are some of the ways to cook salmon filets? Well salmon can be baked, broiled, grilled, pan-fried, poached, deep-fried, microwaved, steamed, or cooked on the barbeque. It can be cooked in a pressure cooker or crockpot, and you can even eat it raw as carpaccio or sushi perhaps. A salmon filet is a beautiful ingredient to use, regardless of which recipe or cooking technique you are opting for.
The biggest mistake you can make is overcooking the salmon. Regardless which ways to cook salmon filets you prefer to use, avoid overcooking at all costs! A lot of recipes say when the fish flakes easily it is done but actually if it flakes easily it is slightly overdone! I cook salmon filets until the center is still ever so slightly glossy and the rest is opaque, because it keeps cooking after being removed from the heat, and this ensures the moistest result. If you prefer your salmon more done, then go ahead and cook it a little longer.
Pasta con le sarde is a typical Sicilian dish. The name translates to mean ‘pasta with sardines’ and the sardines along with fennel are the main 2 ingredients in there, those which give it the characteristic taste. Saffron, currants or raisins, pine nuts, and toasted almonds or capers also enrich the dish, offering a unique and special flavor in the finished meal.
There are different pasta con le sarde recipes, some of which include tomato pulp and others which do not. Some are finished off in the oven for a few minutes so the pasta can finish cooking in there.
When to Make a Pasta con le Sarde Recipe
Make this pasta con le sarde whenever you want, but I would recommend March to September as the ideal window just because that’s the best time to get harvested wild fennel and fresh sardines at the market. Prepare the dish then add some toasted breadcrumbs to finish it off. You might want to use macaroni rather than bucatini or spaghetti, and in fact that would be more traditional in Sicily.
Some More Hot Content For You
I love trying new ways of making crackslaw, and fish makes a nice, light alternative to meat. Of course, it is carb-free just like meat is, and you can choose anything between sole for a light flavor or cod for a richer flavor. I really enjoyed this fish crack slaw and want to make it often.
There are plenty of other types of fish you can use in fish crack slaw as well and examples that come to my mind include tilapia, snapper, halibut, monkfish, dogfish, basa fish, and haddock. As long as it’s skinless and boneless it will work.
Don’t use imitation seafood in fish crack slaw though, like those imitation crab pieces or crab sticks you can get, the reason being they usually contain either sugar or some kind of filler with carbs. If you aren’t watching your carbs it doesn’t matter but if you are, choose fresh, thawed or canned fish with no added ingredients. Go for 100% fish or seafood and the crackslaw will be low in carbs.
Make It on the Cheap
Because crackslaw is a spicy dish, you might like to use an economical kind of fish, because a lot of the flavor will be overpowered by the spices used to make the dish. Of course, this is your fish crack slaw recipe, so if you prefer to tone down the spice factor so you can taste the fish better, by all means go ahead.
If you are in a hurry it’s good to know that you can make this quick mackerel pate recipe in a matter of minutes. Smoked mackerel fillets are used for this pate as well as soft cheese, onions, lemon and tabasco. Serve this pate with melba toast or crackers and perhaps some grapes or basil leaves for garnish.
Homemade is Always Best
Buying pate from the shop is easy but homemade pate is always in a league of its own. In fact there is no comparison between the two. If you want to make a nice starter recipe for a dinner party then consider mackerel paté and you will be very tempted.
Soft cheese, spring onions and lemon work harmoniously with the mackerel and this quick mackerel pate recipe will have a good, firm texture as well as a pleasing flavor. You can make this in literally 3 minutes, but make it ahead so you have time to chill it. That way the flavors will all blend together. Continue reading
If you are looking for new ideas for pizza, something other than the meat feast or tomato and cheese pizza you usually have, consider this brand new take on the Italian favorite. Topping with smoked salmon and capers, this offers a fresh, light flavor, and a gourmet appeal. If you are looking for an elegant Italian recipe which is easy to prepare rather than fussy, consider this smoked salmon pizza with capers and enjoy the smooth texture of the salmon and the salty little bursts of flavor in the capers as well as the satisfying pizza crust.
The smoked salmon pizza with capers takes a while to make, especially since the dough is homemade and needs to chill overnight. If you are short of time or not bothered about making the dough from scratch, you can either buy dough and roll it out yourself or use a readymade pizza crust. Either of these would be fine and nobody has to know you didn’t make your own dough. Roll out some readymade dough into a ‘non quite symmetrical’ shape and it’ll look homemade!
The ingredients for the topping are adaptable, so swap the red onion for white if you want, leave off the capers if you aren’t keen, or swap them for anchovies for extra seafood appeal. You can also add some thinly sliced mushrooms, pineapple chunks or anything else you want to put on there, or keep it simple with just the salmon and capers if you would rather. Continue reading
This tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is right up your street if you are looking for something new to do with pasta and tuna, and you would prefer something cold to hot.
This dish can be eaten by itself, paired with mixed salad leaves, taken to school or work as a box lunch, or made in bulk for a potluck supper, gathering or special event. It is simple to prepare and you can use canned tuna and artichokes for ease of preparation.
This lovely tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is usually served chilled but, for a change of pace, you might want to serve it warm, while the pasta is hot and the tuna mixture is cold. Combine all the ingredients well and the resulting dish will be warm. This might be nicer if the weather is chilly. Continue reading
- Aromatic Crab Cakes RecipeThis lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish. Exciting Ingredients The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander. The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will .....
- Beef and Carrot CrackslawCarrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings. This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer. Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In Although you can make this beef and .....
- Pet ID Tags for Dogs and CatsIf your pet ever gets lost then having an ID tag is an absolute must, so you can be reunited quickly and relatively easy. The longer a pet is missing the more that can go wrong, and let’s face it, our pets are so precious. They are like members of the family, so consider pet ID tags as a must-have. A lost animal might not be able to find his or her way home, so invest in one of these tags (many cost under $5, even the personalized engraved ones) and if anything does happen, whoever finds your pet will know how to contact you to let you know they found your dog or cat......
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....
- Edamame Noodle Salad with AlmondsThis edamame noodle salad is a fantastic recipe and boasts wonderful Asian accents in every mouthful. Making this edamame salad recipe couldn’t be simpler. You just need to prepare and combine the salad ingredients, whisk all the dressing ingredients together then combine the lot to make a colorful, healthy salad. This is a vegetarian edamame salad but swapping the honey for agave nectar makes this a vegetarian edamame salad if you want to do that instead. If you aren’t vegetarian or vegan, feel free to add some shredded cooked chicken breast to the mix. This edamame noodle salad makes a great lunch and because there are no .....
- Top Tips for Gorgeous FoodStarters are supposed to make people want to tuck into them, so choosing a nice garnish as well as the best recipes is important. Learn some top tips for gorgeous food and find out how to present the most gorgeous looking dishes imaginable. You can even serve something basic like raw broccoli and carrot pieces with a dip in style. Make sure you only use perfect crudites and make them all the same size. Present the dip in a nice bowl and arrange the crudites around the outside. You can make any meal look good, even if it is something quite plain and not colorful. That’s what tips for gorgeous food are all about. Take meatballs for .....
- How to Griddle Steak Like a ProSteak is one of the most popular cuts of meat but unfortunately a lot of people are rather clueless about how to transform a raw steak into something flavorful, tender and perfectly cooked. Perhaps it is your first time cooking steak or maybe you are keen to find out some griddle tips, because this ridged pan is so handy in the kitchen. Either way, read on for my foolproof recipe and learn how to griddle steak like a pro every time you make it. Barbecuing is one of the best ways to cook this cut of meat, because you can’t beat the lovely smoky flavor, but what happens if you can’t barbecue and you don’t want to pan-fry? The .....
- How to Cook Gammon SteakGammon steak is one of the most delicious treats you can have for your dinner. Learn how to cook gammon steak and you will be able to make a delicious meal. If you have not enjoyed this juicy treat in a while you might be in the mood for it tonight, in which case read on and find out how to prepare it like a pro for juicy and succulent results. Gammon steak cooks quickly and some people accidentally overcook it, which you will want to avoid. What is Gammon Steak Anyway? If you are in the UK you will probably already know what gammon is, but our friends across the Pond might not! Gammon comes from an Old Northern French word .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....
- Easy Hummus Recipe with Peanut ButterUsing peanut butter instead of tahini is a great idea if you want a great-tasting and easy hummus recipe which boasts plenty of nutrition from the peanut butter. Our easy hummus recipe with peanut butter will appeal to everyone, old or young, because it is creamy and flavorful. This hummus recipe without tahini is very simple to make and you can serve it as a dip, perhaps with celery or pita bread, or use it as a spread in sandwiches, pairing it with chicken and cucumber or salad leaves and sliced boiled egg. How to Make Hummus Without Tahini You will need a food processor or blender to combine the ingredients for this hummus, then you can .....