Crab rangoon wontons are always popular at buffets and dinner parties. They make a great appetizer before a meat or poultry main course. You can garnish them with fresh dill if you like. Since dill is traditionally served with fish, this will indicate to your dinner guests that the wontons contain fish or seafood. Crab rangoon wontons are known as crab puffs in Pacific northwest states. They might also be called crab meat cheese, cheese crab wontons, crab pillows or crab cheese wontons. Regardless of how you call them, these crab rangoon wontons are always amazing.
History of Crab Rangoon
Crab rangoon has featured on Trader Vic’s menu since 1957. This San Francisco eatery claims the Polynesian-style dish came from an authentic Burmese recipe and was invented there, although modern crab rangoon wontons have evolved from the original spiced crab dish. Cream cheese is not used in Asian cuisine so the filling is unlikely to have Asian roots. Serve these delicious crab rangoon wontons with plum sauce, mustard, sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce, for dipping.
Crab Rangoon wontons are always great to serve as an appetizer or to liven up your buffet table. The combination of crab and cream cheese is simple yet magical and although this is not an authentic Chinese recipe, the use of wonton wrappers to contain the crab and cheese filling is genius, and you are sure to love both the texture and the taste of these magnificent little treats. The kids will love these and so will the grownups. Because the cheese keeps the wontons very moist, you do not need to serve a dipping sauce with these unless you especially want to. Continue reading
This anchovy wrapped olives recipe is very simple and shows you how to make anchovy wrapped olives. The recipe is perhaps one of the simplest you have seen, since you only need two different ingredients to make it, and this basic salty snack is beautiful whether you enjoy it with a cold beer, a glass of wine, a soft drink or even a warm beverage.
Anchovies are salty, fishy and have an interesting texture, while olives are smooth, soft and the pimento filling is somewhat sweet.
Anchovy Wrapped Olives: Making Your Own
When paired, these two ingredients offer a beautiful savory flavor and a wonderful balance. These anchovy wrapped olives are just so delicious and they are one of the yummiest appetizers I can think of. Serve them with little crackers and some hard cheese perhaps, and don’t forget the wine! They sell anchovy wrapped olives in the deli near where we live but they are cheaper (and fresher tasting) if you make your own. With an anchovy wrapped olives recipe this simple you can’t go wrong. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This dairy free cantaloupe and prawn starter recipe is also nut free and soy free, as well as dairy free. The delicious prawn salad is served inside a cantaloupe melon, making this a very attractive starter recipe as well as a delicious one. You can either cut the cantaloupe melons into wedges and serve them with the salad or use this recipe as the centrepieces for a buffet table. This is a colorful and appetizing starter recipe.
Cantaloupe and Prawn Starter: Tweaks You Can Make
You don’t have to use the melon at all for this seafood starter recipe if you don’t want to and a bed of salad leaves is fine instead. Use baby spinach, meslun, arugula or whatever mixture of crisp seasonal salad leaves you prefer. Continue reading
Chinese prawn toast, or Chinese shrimp toast, is very popular and makes a tasty hot starter. You don’t have to serve Chinese food as the main course since this Chinese prawn toast recipe goes nicely as an appetizer before a Thai main course, Indian main course or anything else you like.
How Does a Chinese Prawn Toast Recipe Taste?
These little appetizers often have sesame seeds on but that is not essential. The toasts should be crispy without being burned, and taste fishy without being too fishy. Prawn toasts usually feature on Chinese restaurant menus because their wonderful crunch makes them very appetizing. Continue reading
This lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish.
The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander.
The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will have nowhere near such a fantastic taste! Here is a recipe for Western fish cakes if you want a simpler style. Continue reading
This delightful fish mousse starter recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to start your dinner off in style. If you want to learn how to make fish mousse, this is a great recipe to use because the mousse tastes fresh and flavorful, without being too strong. Serve it with crackers or bread.
A Great Starter Idea
Fish mousse goes nicely before any main course. This fish mousse starter recipe is made with smoked salmon but you can use any kind of fish – perhaps tuna, trout or something else.
This is a very basic recipe and it combines fish, cream, gelatin to make it set, a bit of dill and some lemon, so you can be creative. Continue reading
- Sunny Pumpkin Rice SoupPumpkin rice soup is always good, especially when you stumble upon a brand new recipe for it and discover how to give the soup a different edge. This recipe makes use of ginger, chili and rice, to give it not only an aromatic and spicy flavor, but the heartiness of rice. The recipe calls for brown rice but feel free to use white rice, basmati perhaps. How to Serve Pumpkin Rice Soup Serve this pumpkin rice soup for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer if your main dish does not include rice. You will find this soup very simple to make. Choose how thick you want it. If it is looking too thick at any time you can add more .....
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner......
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef RoastCoffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it. To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need. Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make .....
- Easy Roast Duck Leg with PotatoesThis easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe makes a wonderful dinner. The duck combines perfectly with the roasted potatoes and you should also add your favorite green vegetable, or even some kind of salad on the side. A Greek salad would go well with this or consider some stewed red cabbage or similar. You will need a couple of duck legs for this easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe, along with potatoes and thyme. The duck is fried skin side down in a roasting pan, then you can flip it over and add the potatoes. Add thyme, salt and black pepper, and then you can roast the duck and potatoes for about an hour and a half or up to two .....
- Low Carb CookingLow carb cooking and following a low carb diet is not just for diabetics and those who have problems digesting carbohydrates, but for anyone who wants to drop weight and eat tasty food while still maintaining a great shape and not feeling hungry or deprived. Although low carb cooking sounds easy, it takes a while to get used to if you are used to eating bread, pasta and potatoes as part of your daily diet, as many of us are. As is the case with most diets, the focus should be on eating food ‘from the farm not the factory’ which means minimize the amount of prepackaged food you eat and make sure you get plenty of fresh meat, fish .....
- How to Make Rice SaladLearning how to make rice salad is very easy and there are so many different ways you can prepare this delicious dish. Rice salad is perfect for lunch or as part of a buffet, and you can also serve it alongside steak or with chicken or fish. Absolutely anyone can make rice salad recipes and once you are familiar with the recipe you can experiment with other ingredients to make the dish taste different. How to Make Rice Salad: Simple Yet Perfect There are not many steps you need to make this dish, which is why it is so simple. If you enjoy being creative in the kitchen you will love making it because you can be imaginative with what goes into .....
- Vegan Parsnip Crisps RecipeThis vegan parsnip crisps recipe is really well worth making. The crisps (chips) are made from parsnips. You can serve them as they are or with any dip you like, such as an onion dip, hummus or a salsa. These are one of our easiest vegan recipes. Vegan Parsnip Crisps: Crispy Crunchy Appeal Crisps are normally made from potatoes of course, and then you have ones made with sweet potatoes, but these are very similar, albeit offering a slightly more unusual flavor. Parsnips are tasty and versatile. They can be roasted or used to make a mash, or they might go in a soup or stew. Parsnips are lovely roasted and served alongside a roast, even a nut .....
- Dim SumDim sum, which translates to mean ‘to dot your heart’ refers to small dishes eaten as snacks. These can be baked, deep-fried, steamed or braised, and they are presented well and delicious too. Examples of dim sum include har gao, steamed shrimp dumplings in a rice flour pastry, char siu bao, which are roast pork-filled steamed buns, lor bak ko, which is turnip cake, and woo kok, which is shrimp with Chinese mushrooms. A lot of dim sum restaurants also offer congee porridge, soups, steamed green vegetables and roasted meats. The serving size is small and you usually get three or four pieces in one dish. Dim sum is eaten with a cup .....